2017 Acura RLX Overview
When it comes to custom luxury, the 2017 Acura RLX offers drivers just that. The flagship sporty sedan is a classic for Acura and features some minor adjustments this year.
The 2017 Acura RLX is available in four configurations: RLX with Technology Package, RLX with Advance Package, Sport Hybrid with Technology Package, and Sport Hybrid with Advance Package. Front-wheel drive is available on the RLX, while Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ is available on the RLX Sport Hybrid.
What’s New for the 2017 Acura RLX?
Changes for this year include the addition of a Surround View Camera system, small chassis revisions, and standard 19-inch alloy wheels. Offered in four different configurations, RLX fans will find exactly what they need from this sedan.
2017 Acura RLX Photos:
2017 Acura RLX Exterior
With sleek, sporty styling, the 2017 Acura RLX is sure to get you noticed. Standard exterior features on this year’s RLX include a power moonroof, Jewel Eye® LED headlights, heated side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, and rain-sensing windshield wipers. Upgrade to the Hybrid trims and you’ll get a smoked chrome finish for the front grille, exclusive 19-inch 10-spoke machine-finished noise reducing wheels, and Hybrid badging.
2017 Acura RLX Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on 2017 RLX with Technology Package:
- Power moonroof with tilt and auto-open/close plus auto reverse and key-off operation, Jewel Eye® LED headlights, LED-illuminated taillights and brake lights, LED-illuminated rear license and Center High Mount Stop Light, LED-illuminated door handles, Heated side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators and reverse gear tilt-down function, Rain-sensing windshield wipers, Acoustic glass windshield and side glass, Remote-operated windows and moonroof-open function
Exterior available on 2017 RLX with Advanced Package:
- Adds to or replaces features on the Technology Package: Power-folding and auto-dimming heated side mirrors with LED turn indicators and reverse gear tilt-down function, Front and rear parking sensors
Exterior available on 2017 RLX Sport Hybrid with Technology/Advanced Package:
- Adds to or replaces features on the RLX: LED fog lights, Smoked chrome finish for front grille, Hybrid badging
2017 Acura RLX Performance
Every trim of the 2017 Acura RLX comes standard with a 3.5-liter SOHC i-VTEC® V6 engine, with three electric motors added to the hybrid models. The two gas-powered RLX trims feature a six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters, while the two hybrid options come with a seven-speed motor-integrated dual-clutch transmission. When it comes to power, the hybrid models have the upper hand, pumping out 377 horsepower and 341 lb-ft of torque. The gas-powered trims come close with a considerable 310 horsepower and 272 lb-ft of torque.
2017 Acura RLX Efficiency
Fuel efficiency is dependent upon two options in the 2017 Acura RLX – gas or hybrid. The gas-powered RLX yields an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city, 30 mpg on the highway, and 23 mpg combined. On the hybrid trims, the RLX yields an impressive 29 mpg in the city but maintains the 30 mpg rating on the highway, which increases the combined EPA-estimate to 29 mpg.
2017 Acura RLX Interior
The 2017 Acura RLX comfortably fits five on its Milano premium leather-trimmed sport seats. The front passenger will appreciate a 12-way power adjustable seat that features four-way lumbar support. Humidity control, air filtration, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, 12-volt power outlets, and steering-wheel mounted controls will make every ride enjoyable in the new RLX too. Upgrade to the Advanced package on your luxury sedan and you’ll get ventilated front seats, heated outboard rear seats, and a heated steering wheel. It’s up to you just how much you get in the 2017 Acura RLX.
2017 Acura RLX Interior Photos:
Interior available on 2017 RLX with Technology Package:
- Sport seats with perforated Milano premium interior leather trim, Driver’s and front passenger’s 12-way power seat including four-way lumbar support, Rear-seat center armrest with locking trunk pass-through, GPS-linked tri-zone automatic climate control, Humidity control, Air filtration, Heated front seats, Keyless access system, Smart entry, Pushbutton ignition, Acura personalized settings, Power windows with auto-up/down and auto-reverse, Remote-operated windows and moonroof-open function, Retained accessory power for windows and moonroof, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Electric tilt and telescopic steering column, Ambient cabin lighting, Automatic dimming rearview mirror, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Multi-function front center console with left/right opening and sliding armrest with integrated tray, Active sound control, 12-volt power outlets (center console and front armrest), Steering-wheel mounted controls
Interior available on 2017 RLX with Advanced Package:
- Adds to or replaces features on the Technology Package: Ventilated front seats, Heated outboard rear seats, Heated steering wheel, Rear footwell lighting, Power rear and manual rear door side sunshades
Interior available on 2017 RLX Sport Hybrid with Technology/Advanced Package:
- Adds to or replaces features on the RLX: Electric air conditioning with air quality sensor, Electronic gear selector, Reactive force accelerator pedal
2017 Acura RLX Safety
The AcuraWatch™ safety suite includes a large collection of features designed to keep you safe behind the wheel. Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keeping Assist will take over if you find yourself distracted, while Vehicle Stability Assist™ will help you in those tough spots. Between being a 2016 Top Safety Pick+ from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and receiving a five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there’s no better reason to drive the all-new 2017 Acura RLX.
Standard Safety Features:
- Multi-view camera with dynamic guidelines
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) system
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- AcuraWatch™—includes Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow, Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Head-Up Warning, and Hill Start Assist
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with traction control and motion adaptive steering
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) child-seat mounting system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with location and pressure indicators