2017 Buick Verano Overview
The 2017 Buick Verano is a small luxury sedan that aims to deliver a premium experience in a compact package. There are some upsides and downsides to that philosophy: the Verano isn’t quite as spacious as some of its competitors, but where it lacks in room it compensates with better fuel economy and slightly more agile handling. In any case, it makes for an excellent entry-level premium sedan for buyers new to the luxury market.
The 2017 Buick Verano is offered in three trim levels: Verano, Verano Sport Touring, and Verano Leather.
Compare It: 2016 Buick Verano overview
What’s New for the 2017 Buick Verano?
The 2017 Buick Verano is simplified compared to the 2016 model. It comes with three trim levels instead of six and the 2.0-liter turbocharged engine, as well as the six-speed manual transmission, are no longer available.
2017 Buick Verano Exterior
You might be surprised to learn the 2017 Buick Verano shares its architecture with the previous-generation Chevrolet Cruze, given that it looks nothing like a Chevy and most certainly like a Buick. In fact, it would be difficult to mistake it for anything else thanks to the signature waterfall grille that adorns the front and the aesthetic “portholes” that sit right below the windshield pillars. Overall, the Buick Verano is an attractive sedan, if a bit conventional, that nonetheless catches the eye with its athletic stance and impressive 17- and 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels.
Color choices include Ebony Twilight Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, Summit White, Quicksilver Metallic, and Graphite Gray Metallic.
2017 Buick Verano Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on Verano:
- Chrome exhaust tip, 17-inch multi-spoke alloy wheels with Sterling Silver finish, Acoustic laminated glass, Bright moldings, Compact spare wheel, Daytime Running Lamps, Body-color door handles, Halogen composite projector beam headlamps, Automatic on/off headlamps, Power-adjustable mirrors, Solar-absorbing glass, Front intermittent variable wipers
Exterior available on Verano Sport Touring:
- 18-inch multi-spoke machined alloy wheels with Black pockets, Halogen fog lamps, Heated power-adjustable mirrors, Rear lip spoiler
Exterior available on Verano Leather:
- 18-inch multi-spoke machined alloy wheels with Sterling Silver finished pockets, Body-color door handles with Chrome strips
2017 Buick Verano Performance
The 2017 Buick Verano is powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that makes 180 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque. Power is sent to the front wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission. Of note is that the 2.4-liter can run on regular unleaded gasoline and that the Verano comes with free scheduled maintenance for two years or 24,000 miles, making it easy to keep the engine performing like new.
2017 Buick Verano Efficiency
The 2017 Buick Verano’s four-cylinder engine’s fuel economy is rated by the EPA at a respectable 21 mpg in the city, 31 mpg on the highway, and 24 mpg combined. That will get you more bang for your buck compared to competing midsize cars like the Honda Accord or Nissan Altima.
2017 Buick Verano Interior
The interior is where the 2017 Buick Verano truly shines. High-quality materials are used in abundance even on the base trim, though you’ll have to upgrade to the Verano Leather to get leather seating. Regardless of trim or options, the front passengers will not lack for comfort or for technology, which includes a standard seven-inch touchscreen interface as well as OnStar 4G LTE with mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, letting up to seven users connect to the internet. At the rear is a decent amount of legroom considering the overall size of the car, though tall adults may mind that some of the available space seems to have been gobbled up by the admittedly generous trunk.
2017 Buick Verano Interior Photos:
Interior available on Verano:
- Features: Driver 8-way manual seat adjuster, 3-spoke deluxe steering wheel, 6-speaker audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD player, Ambient lighting, Assist handles, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Front bucket seats, Front passenger 8-way manual seat adjuster, Humidity sensor, Rear 60-40 split-folding seat, Steering wheel controls
- Radio and Technology: USB port with iPod connectivity, Auxiliary input jack, Driver Information Center, Infotainment display, Foldable key, OnStar® 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, OnStar® Guidance Plan for 3 months, 12V front power outlet, QuietTuning, Remote Keyless Entry
Interior available on Verano Sport Touring:
- Features: 8-way power-adjustable driver seat, Heated driver/front passenger seats, Interior rearview auto-dimming mirror, Leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel, Leather-wrapped shift knob
- Radio and Technology: 7-inch diagonal touch-screen color display, Bluetooth®, Buick IntelliLinkTM AM/FM/CD/SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Rear Park Assist, Rear Vision Camera, Remote Vehicle Starter System, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 3 trial months, Universal Home Remote
Interior available on Verano Leather:
- Features: Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-appointed seating
- Radio and Technology: Bose® Premium Sound System, Keyless Open
2017 Buick Verano Safety
The 2017 Buick Verano is equipped with the usual armada of safety features, including antilock disc brakes, traction control, stability control, front and and rear side airbags, front knee airbags, and full-length side curtain airbags. Optional features include forward collision, lane departure, and rear cross-traffic alert system. The Buick Verano received the highest possible score of “Good” in the IIHS’s moderate overlap front, side, and roof strength crashworthiness evaluations.
Standard Safety Features
- Rear child security door locks
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren)
- Trunk emergency release handle
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- 10 standard air bags
- Daytime Running Lamps
Buick Safety: Buick earns NHTSA five-star rating on all cars