2017 Cadillac ATS-V Overview
People used to think of Cadillac as the producer of large and heavy sedans that oozed luxury and sophistication, but those cars were never considered that sporty to drive. However, that was then and this is now. The 2017 Cadillac ATS-V headlines a new-generation of Cadillac models that offer unbeatable performance, tech-savvy interiors, and eye-catching exterior designs. Available in both coupe and sedan body styles, the new Cadillac ATS-V features a starting MSRP of $60,695 and it takes direct aim at German competitors such as the BMW M3 sedan, Mercedes-AMG C63, and BMW M4 coupe.
Greatest Cadillac Concept Of All Time? Revisit the ultra-long Escala Concept and decide for yourself
What’s New for the 2017 Cadillac ATS-V?
The 2017 Cadillac ATS-V is offered with a new Carbon Black package that adds a black chrome grille, After Midnight dark finish wheels, and a V-Series spoiler. In addition, the CUE infotainment system now features Cadillac Collection and Teen Driver technology.
2017 Cadillac ATS-V Photos:
2017 Cadillac ATS-V Exterior
The 2017 Cadillac ATS-V has a striking exterior design that’s defined by its angular body lines, unique performance grille, and 18-inch forged alloy wheels. There’s a rear spoiler on the back of the ATS-V to help keep the car planted on the road, while the front splitter improves down force even further. For the 2017 model year, Cadillac is offering a Carbon Black package for the ATS-V, which includes black-finished side window moldings and body-color door handles. Those optional features are designed to complement the carbon fiber hood that comes standard on every 2017 ATS-V. Exterior color options for this high-performance Cadillac include Red Obsession Tintcoat, Crystal White Tricoat, and Black Raven.
2017 Cadillac ATS-V Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe
- 18-inch alloy wheels, Daytime running lights, Body-color door handles, Performance grille, Halogen headlamps, Heated power-adjustable auto-dimming exterior mirrors, Rear spoiler
Exterior available on the 2017 Cadillac ATS-V Sedan
- 18-inch premium painted forged alloy wheels with summer-only run-flat tires, Daytime running lamps, Body color door handles, Solar-Ray light-tinted glass, Solar-absorbing windshield, Performance grille, Halogen composite headlamps with flash-to-pass and twilight sentinel, Power-adjustable and driver-side auto-dimming heated mirrors, Gloss Black side glass moldings, Rear spoiler, Front intermittent wipers
2017 Cadillac ATS-V Performance
The 2017 Cadillac ATS-V comes equipped with a 3.6-liter twin-turbocharged V6 that’s good for 464 horsepower and 445 lb-ft of torque. That engine can be matched with either a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters, both of which send power exclusively to the rear wheels. In addition, a five-mode traction-management system with launch control comes with each new ATS-V that enables greater acceleration, even from a standstill. Thanks to all of this advanced equipment, the 2017 Cadillac ATS-V is able to zip from 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds and reach a top speed of 189 mph on the racetrack.
2017 Cadillac ATS-V Efficiency
Fuel efficiency for the 2017 Cadillac ATS-V varies depending on which transmission is used with the vehicle. When equipped with the standard six-speed manual, the Cadillac ATS-V yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 16 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. While that manual might be the preferred choice for true driving enthusiasts, the automatic is the transmission of choice for those looking to conserve fuel. That’s because the ATS-V equipped with the eight-speed automatic yields improved efficiency of 17 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. Furthermore, every 2017 Cadillac ATS-V comes with a 16-gallon fuel tank.
2017 Cadillac ATS-V Interior
The 2017 Cadillac ATS-V provides a sophisticated and well-crafted interior that’s filled with top-level features such as heated front seats, a rearview camera, leather upholstery, dual-zone climate control, and Cadillac’s CUE infotainment system, which is compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. As if those features weren’t enough, a Bose audio system is also included with each new ATS-V. Consumers can use that sound equipment to enjoy all of today’s popular music, whether it’s from a rap artist like Drake or a country singer such as Drake White. In addition, up to five people can fit side the ATS-V sedan, while four people can squeeze comfortably inside the coupe. Moreover, there’s 10.4 cubic feet of cargo space in the trunk.
2017 Cadillac ATS-V Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe
- 5.7-inch color display Driver Information Center, Active Noise Cancellation, Air filtration system, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Carpeted rear floor mats, Front bucket seats, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Keyless Access, Leather seats with suede microfiber inserts, Leather-wrapped rim steering wheel, Ambient lighting, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Remote keyless entry, Split-folding rear seat, Bose® premium audio system speakers, Cadillac CUE® Information and Media Control System, 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen, Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Teen Driver, Wireless charging, SiriusXM® satellite radio, Bluetooth® streaming, Three USB ports, Auxiliary jack, Natural Voice Recognition, Cruise control
Interior available on the 2017 Cadillac ATS-V Sedan
- Air filtration system, Integral front and rear antenna, Dual-zone automatic climate control, 12-way power-adjustable Heated front bucket seats with 2-way lumbar support adjustment and 4-way adjustable head restraints, Leather seats with sueded microfiber inserts and seatbacks, Leather-wrapped rim steering wheel with integrated controls, Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror, Power tilt and telescoping steering column, 7-inch color display Driver Information Center, Active Noise Cancellation, Bose® premium audio system speakers, Cadillac CUE® Information and Media Control System, Power programmable door locks, Front and Rear Park Assist, Passive entry Keyless Access, OnStar® Basic plan for 5 years, OnStar 4G LTE, OnStar Guidance Plan for 1 year, Passenger Sensing System, Rear Vision Camera, Remote Keyless Entry, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Wireless device charging
2017 Cadillac ATS-V Safety
Every new Cadillac ATS-V comes standard with electronic stability control, Teen Driver technology, and high-performance Brembo brakes. On top those features, the 2017 Cadillac ATS-V features OnStar, which provides stolen vehicle assistance, automatic crash notification, turn-by-turn navigation, on-demand roadside assistance, and remote door unlocking. Furthermore, for the most advanced safety tech possible, Cadillac offers a Safety and Security package. This optional package provides blind-spot monitoring, forward collision alert, and rear cross-traffic alert, as well as lane departure warning and intervention.
Standard Safety Features
- Daytime running lights
- Driver and front passenger frontal dual-stage, knee, and front and rear side-impact airbags
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- LATCH Child seat restraint system
- OnStar Basic plan for 5 years
- Passenger Sensing System
- Rear Vision Camera
- StabiliTrak° electronic stability control system
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
The Forgotten Cadillac Model: The Cadillac XTS sedan may not be around much longer