2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overview
If you’re in the market for an iconic American supercar, there’s only one option for you: the 2017 Chevy Corvette Z06. This two-seater performance beast has the skills and the power to blow your mind both on the road and on the track. Perfect for drivers looking to stand out, the Corvette Z06’s eye-catching design and luxurious finishes make this one track-ready car you won’t forget in a hurry.
Buy or Lease? See the benefits of leasing your new Corvette Z06
What’s New for the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06?
After Chevy suspended production on the 2016 model due to several overheating issues, the automaker has worked hard on a fix for the 2017 model year. This fix is a new hood which has larger vents, a new cover for the supercharger, and refreshed front air intakes. These additions are designed to help cool the supercar and prevent these former issues from occurring.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Photos:
(2016 model pictured)
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Exterior
Whether you choose the coupe or the convertible Corvette Z06, you know you’ll be getting the sportiest design you can lay your hands on. Across its three trim levels (1LZ, 2LZ, and 3LZ), the Corvette Z06 offers exterior features like HID headlamps, heated side mirrors, and 19-inch painted aluminum wheels. This supercar is as sleek and sophisticated as it is powerful, with an aggressive stance and a choice between multiple striking paint colors, such as Corvette Racing Yellow, Admiral Blue, and Torch Red.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Exterior Photos:
(2016 model pictured)
Exterior available on 1LZ
- HID headlamps, Heated power-adjustable body-color side view mirrors, Carbon Flash Badge Package, Body-color carbon-fiber roof panel, 19-inch front/20-inch rear Pearl Nickel-painted aluminum wheels, Front intermittent windshield wipers, Solar-Ray light-tinted glass
Exterior available on 2LZ
- Outside heated power-adjustable body-color side view mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming
Exterior available on 3LZ
- Optional Dark Red-painted calipers, Optional wheel center caps with Corvette Racing Jake logo
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Performance
This is where we really get down to the nitty-gritty. After all, if you’re in the market for a supercar, chances are that you’re more interested in what’s under the hood than anything else. All 2017 Corvette Z06 models are equipped with a ferocious 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine that pumps out 650 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. This beastly motor is paired to a seven-speed manual transmission, though an eight-speed automatic with paddle shifters is also available. The V8 uses advanced techniques such as direct injection, continuously variable valve time, and active fuel management to squeeze the most excitement out of every drive. This allows the Corvette Z06 to catapult from 0 to 60 mph in a mere 2.95 seconds, according to Chevy’s track testing.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Efficiency
The 2017 Chevy Corvette Z06 provides an incredible amount of power, which doesn’t tend to equal great fuel efficiency. The Corvette Z06 does not disappoint here, with a measly 15 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. However, if you’re truly in the market for this type of car, you’re probably already expecting to pay more at the pump, so this won’t come as much of a surprise (or a deterrent).
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Interior
The 2017 Chevy Corvette Z06 is as handsome inside as it is outside. Comfort features like a leather-wrapped steering wheel, GT bucket seats, and automatic climate control ensure that every journey will take place in the lap of luxury. On longer journeys, you’ll be kept entertained by the standard Bose premium audio system, which syncs to your phone via Bluetooth and is compatible with Apple CarPlay. Optional extras include two-tone seats, red or yellow custom leather stitching, a personalized plaque with the Corvette Museum logo, and carbon fiber interior trim.
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Interior Photos:
(2016 model pictured)
Interior available on 1LZ
- Features: Dual-zone automatic climate control, GT bucket seats, 8-way power-adjustable front seats, Steering wheel-mounted controls, Three-spoke leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel, Cruise control, Head-Up Display, Keyless Access, Power tilt and telescopic steering column, Keyless open and start, Driver Information Center, Head-up display
- Radio and Technology: Bose® premium 9-speaker audio system, SiriusXM® satellite Radio, Apple® CarPlay, Bluetooth® streaming audio, AM/FM stereo, Chevrolet MyLink® Radio with 8-inch diagonal color touch screen, OnStar 4G LTE with built-in WiFi hotspot, OnStar Guidance Plan for 3 months, Rear vision camera
Interior available on 2LZ
- Features: Inside auto-dimming rearview mirror, Power bolster and power lumbar seat adjuster, Heated and vented front seats, Memory Package, Cargo net, Luggage shade
- Radio and Technology: Bose® advanced 10-speaker audio system, Front curb-view cameras, Advanced theft deterrent system, Universal Home Remote
Interior available on 3LZ
- Features: Performance data and video recorder, Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package, Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package
- Radio and Technology: Chevrolet MyLink® Radio with performance data recorder and navigation
2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Safety
When a car is capable of moving as fast as the Corvette Z06, safety is of utmost importance. Luckily, in this supercar, you don’t have much to worry about. The 2017 Corvette Z06 includes a rear vision camera, performance traction management, and a whole host of other safety features, the entire list of which can be found below.
Standard Safety Features
- Rear Vision Camera
- Performance Traction Management
- Driver and passenger frontal and side-impact air bags
- OnStar Guidance plan for six months
- OnStar Basic plan for five years
- Active handling stability control
- Traction control
Looking for a Truck Instead? Consider the powerful Chevy Silverado 1500