2017 Chevrolet Impala Overview
The 2017 Chevrolet Impala is a full-size sedan that carries a starting MSRP of $27,300. Equipped with a spacious interior, attractive exterior design, and many advanced safety features, the Chevy Impala has something to offer almost any consumer. In fact, the 2016 Impala was named “Best Large Car for the Money” by U.S. News & World Report. Key competitors of the tenth-generation Impala include the Toyota Avalon, Kia Cadenza, and Chrysler 300.
What’s New for the 2017 Chevrolet Impala?
General Motors has changed the naming of the trims for the new Chevy Impala. The sedan is still offered in three unique models, but the top-level Impala will now be referred to as the Impala Premier, instead of the Impala LTZ. Other than that naming change, Chevy has eliminated the Jet Black and Citron Green Metallic exterior color options and replaced them with Pepperdust Metallic and Blue Metallic.
2017 Chevrolet Impala Photos:
2017 Chevrolet Impala Exterior
The 2017 Chevrolet Impala features a bold and stylish exterior that’s highlighted by its sculpted hood and decorative contours featured alongside the sedan. Also, while halogen headlights and 18-inch steel wheels come standard on the new Impala, consumers can upgrade to 20-inch wheels and LED daytime running lamps. Exterior color options include Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White, and Blue Velvet Metallic.
2017 Chevrolet Impala Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Impala LS
- 18-inch steel wheels with fascia-spoke wheel covers, Halogen headlamps, Outside power-adjustable mirrors, Body-color door handles, Daytime Running Lamps, integrated into headlamps, P235/50R18 all-season blackwall tires
Exterior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Impala LT
- Adds to or replaces features on the LS trim: 18-inch painted alloy wheels, Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors, Optional power sunroof
Exterior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Impala Premier
- Adds to or replaces features on the LT trim: 19-inch machined-face aluminum wheels, P245/45R19 all-season, blackwall tires, High-intensity discharge headlamps, Chrome door handles with body-color strip, Upper and lower auxiliary LED Daytime Running Lamps
2017 Chevrolet Impala Performance
Powertrain options for the Chevrolet Impala remain unchanged for the 2017 model year. The base engine is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder that’s rated at 197 horsepower and 191 lb-ft of torque, while a 3.6-liter V6 is also available which pumps out 305 horsepower and 264 lb-ft of torque. Furthermore, each 2017 Impala comes standard with a six-speed automatic gearbox and front-wheel drive. It should also be noted that the four-cylinder engine includes automatic stop-start technology to improve fuel economy and that Chevy also offers a bi-fuel V6 engine that can operate using either compressed natural gas or just plain old gasoline.
2017 Chevrolet Impala Efficiency
Fuel economy for the 2017 Chevrolet Impala is dependent on the consumer’s choice of either the standard four-cylinder or available V6 engine. When equipped with the four-cylinder, the ‘17 Impala yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. In contrast, the ‘17 Impala using the V6 yields 18 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway. The 2017 Impala comes standard with an 18.5 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Chevrolet Impala Interior
One of the major selling points of the Chevrolet Impala is its spacious and quiet cabin. There’s plenty of room for passengers sitting in the rear seats to stretch out and the standard 60/40-split folding rear seats can be manipulated to add even more storage space. In addition, a Leather package is also available that adds heated seats and leather upholstery to the Impala, while a Convenience package adds an auto-dimming rearview mirror and a rearview camera. In addition, every Chevy Impala comes standard with six-speaker sound system and 18.8 cubic feet of storage space in the trunk.
2017 Chevrolet Impala Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Impala LS
- Front bucket seats, Premium cloth seat trim, Rear 60/40 split-folding seat, Manual tilt and telescopic steering column, Color display driver information center, Single-zone electronic air conditioning, 2 auxiliary 12-volt power outlets, AM/FM stereo with auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth for cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system, OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds, Remote keyless entry, Electronic cruise control, 6-speaker audio system, 4.2-inch diagonal color infotainment display, USB port, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Impala LT
- Adds to or replaces features on the LS trim: Premium cloth/leatherette seat trim, Power front passenger seat, Innovative storage hidden behind 8-inch diagonal touch screen, 4-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel, Compass display, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Trunk opening touch pad, Chevrolet MyLink Radio, 8-inch diagonal color infotainment display, SD card receptacle
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Impala Premier
- Adds to or replaces features on the LT trim: Perforated leather-appointed seat trim, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Push button keyless start, Ambient instrument panel interior lamp, Cargo convenience net, Keyless Access and passive entry, Rear vision camera, Rear cross-traffic alert, Forward collision alert, Lane departure warning, Side blind zone alert with lane change alert, Rear park assist
2017 Chevrolet Impala Safety
The 2017 Chevrolet Impala sedan was given the best possible safety rating of five stars from the federal government. Every 2017 Impala comes standard with traction and stability control, antilock brakes, and 10 airbags. For even more advanced safety technology, Chevy also offers a Driver Confidence package that comes with blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, forward collision warning, and lane-departure warning. In addition, adaptive cruise control with automatic braking is available for the top-level Premier model.
Standard Safety Features
- 10 total airbags
- Safety belts, 3-point, all positions
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren) for child safety seats
- Traction control
- StabiliTrak stability control system
- Brake assist
- OnStar®1 guidance plan for 6 months
- Theft-deterrent system
New GM Vehicles: Learn more about the all-new Buick Envision crossover