2017 Fiat 500L Overview
The 2017 Fiat 500L is considered a large vehicle in the automaker’s lineup of usually small cars and is perfect for driving around the city or taking the family on an adventure. Its funky styling and varying color options truly make it stand out among others. This four-door hatchback has a starting MSRP of $20,995 for the base Pop trim and competes in the same segment as vehicles like the Honda Fit and Kia Soul.
Instead of the previous five trim levels, there are now just three – Pop, Trekking, and Lounge – with optional package upgrades.
What’s New for the 2017 Fiat 500L?
As previously mentioned, the all-new Fiat 500L is available in three trim levels with optional package upgrades. These packages offer a variety of extra features, including GPS navigation, BeatsAudio™ premium sound system, dual zone climate control, and ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System.
2017 Fiat 500L Photos:
2017 Fiat 500L Exterior
Not much has changed visually for the exterior of the 2017 500L, aside from the option for the Urbana Appearance Package available on the Trekking trim. This optional add-on gives you 17-inch matte black wheels, an accent color roof, matte black body side molding, and satin silver door handles. A dual-pane power sunroof is available as an added amenity on the highest Lounge trim as well.
2017 Fiat 500L Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on Pop:
- 16-inch aluminum wheels, 205/55R16 BSW all season tires, Bi-function halogen projector headlamps, High beam daytime running headlamps, Bright door handles and exhaust tip, Rear window defroster and wiper, Body color body side molding, exterior mirrors, and roof
Exterior available on Trekking:
- Adds to or replaces features on Pop: 17-inch x 7.0-inch aluminum wheels, Available 17-inch matte black wheels, 225/45R17 BSW all season tires, Available red roof, Fog lamps, Sill molding, Accent/body color fascias, Black body side molding with bright insert
Exterior available on Lounge:
- Adds to or replaces features on Trekking: 17-inch painted aluminum wheels, 225/45R17 BSW all season tires, Available accent color roof, Body color body side molding with bright insert, Chrome exterior mirrors, Available black or white roof
2017 Fiat 500L Performance
All of the 2017 500L trim options come standard with a 1.4-liter MultiAir® turbo engine. Paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, this vehicle can pump out 160 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque. KONI MacPherson front struts and rear shock absorbers make the 500L easy to drive and soften the ride on tough roads.
2017 Fiat 500L Efficiency
When it comes to saving at the gas pump, you’ll definitely succeed with the 2017 Fiat 500L. This nimble vehicle yields an EPA-estimated 22 mpg in the city, an impressive 30 mpg on the highway, and 25 mpg combined.
2017 Fiat 500L Interior
Inside the Fiat 500L you’ll find comfortable premium cloth bucket seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel for maximum luxury. You’ll always be connected in this sporty hatchback, thanks to the integrated voice command with Bluetooth® technology and media hub. And while it may seem like a tiny vehicle from the outside, the 500L features 121 cubic feet of space to hold all of your passengers or cargo.
2017 Fiat 500L Interior Photos:
Interior available on Pop:
- Black/gray seats, Premium cloth low-back bucket seats, Rear 60/40 folding seats, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, Chrome/leather-wrapped shift knob, Electronic vehicle information center, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Multi position shelf panel, Silver texture instrument panel bezels
Interior available on Trekking:
- Adds to or replaces features on Pop: Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Light gray/cementite seats, Premium wrapped instrument panel bezels, Rear armrest with cup holder
Interior available on Lounge:
- Adds to or replaces features on Trekking: Available beige/gray seats, Available cloth low-back bucket seats, 115-volt auxiliary power outlet
2017 Fiat 500L Safety
Safety comes standard on the 2017 Fiat 500L, which includes helpful systems like electronic stability control, hill start assist, and electronic roll mitigation. Protection is always in style in this vehicle and an available ParkSense® Rear Park Assist system with ParkView® rear back up camera is an add-on option for that extra touch of security.
Standard Safety Features:
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill Start Assist
- LATCH System
- Speed Control
- Tire Service Kit
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Tire Specific Pressure Monitoring Display