2017 Honda Accord Coupe Overview
The 2017 Honda Accord coupe is a stylish and well-equipped car that carries a starting MSRP of $24,025. In years past, competitors such as the Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima also offered coupe body styles, but now-a-days the Accord doesn’t have much company in this segment. The new Accord coupe is only available in front-wheel drive, but consumers do get to pick between multiple engine and transmission options.
What’s New for the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe?
After receiving major refreshments last year to its front and rear fascias, the Honda Accord coupe is mostly unchanged for the 2017 model year. One of the only changes made to the entire 2017 Accord lineup is the return of the hybrid variant, but that car only comes in a sedan body style.
2017 Honda Accord Coupe Photos:
2017 Honda Accord Coupe Exterior
If you’ve never seen the 2017 Honda Accord coupe in person, then you might not realize how eye-catching the car really is. With a flowing roofline and the same sharp horizontal lines that are featured on the sedan body style, the ‘17 Accord coupe provides a unique combination of style and athleticism. The new Accord coupe comes standard with LED taillights, chrome exhaust finisher, and 17-inch wheels, but larger 18-inch and 19-inch wheels can be found on the higher-level trims. Exterior color options for the 2017 Honda Accord coupe include Still Night Pearl, San Marino Red, and Crystal Black Pearl.
2017 Honda Accord Coupe Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S
- Integrated rear window antenna, Security system with remote entry and trunk release, One-touch turn indicators, LED taillights, Chrome door handles, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Chrome exhaust finisher, Project-beam headlights with auto-on/off
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe EX
- Adds to or replaces features on LX-S: LED fog lights, Smart Entry, One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature, roof-mounted antenna, Heated body-colored power side mirrors with integrated LED turn indicators
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L
- Comes with the same exterior features as the EX.
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: Chrome dual-exhaust finisher, Hood struts
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L V6: Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers, Body-colored front/rear parking sensors, LED headlights with auto-on/off, Auto high-beam headlights
2017 Honda Accord Coupe Performance
It’s true that the Honda Accord is known for its durability and strong resale value, but it also features a sportier ride than most people give it credit for. The Accord coupe comes standard with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder motor that’s good for 185 horsepower and 181 lb-ft of torque. However, if you’re in need of a little more pop, Honda also offers a 3.5-liter V6 engine that pumps out 278 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with the V6 engine, the new Accord coupe can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in a little more than six seconds. Also, as far as transmission options go, the lower trims offer the choice between a six-speed manual and CVT automatic, while the higher trims can be had with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
2017 Honda Accord Coupe Efficiency
The 2017 Honda Accord coupe’s fuel economy depends on what engine and transmission are used with the vehicle. When equipped with the four-cylinder engine and six-speed manual transmission, the ‘17 Accord coupe yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 23 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway. In contrast, the four-cylinder-powered Accord using the CVT automatic provides increased efficiency of 26 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. Fuel economy is less impressive for the V6-powered Accord coupe, as EPA-estimated efficiency comes in at 18 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway when using the manual gearbox.
2017 Honda Accord Coupe Interior
The two-door Honda Accord coupe offers a comfortable and well-equipped interior that comes standard with dual-zone climate control, a rear view camera, and a six-speaker sound system. Overall, the materials used in the new Accord coupe feel soft and are of high quality. In addition, consumers who are able to dish out enough cash for the top-level Touring model will get the Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System. Moreover, for those potential buyers concerned about cargo capacity, the trunk of this coupe provides up to 13.7 cubic feet of storage space.
2017 Honda Accord Coupe Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S
- Dual-zone automatic climate control, Power door locks with programmable auto-locking, Cruise control, Tilt and telescoping steering column, Center console with armrest and storage compartment, Front and rear beverage holders, Driver’s and passenger’s illuminated vanity mirrors, Map lights, Sunglasses holder, Front and center console 12-volt power outlets, Passenger-side seatback pocket, Remote fuel filler door release, Remote trunk release with lock, Electronic remote trunk release, Rear window defroster, Cargo area light, Floor mats, Side door pockets, Driver’s illuminated power window switches, Lockable glove compartment, Front power windows with auto-up/down, Illuminated steering wheel-mounted cruise/audio/phone/i-MID controls, Passenger-wide walk-in feature, Fold-down rear seatback, MP3/WMA playback capability, iMID with 8-inch high-resolution screen, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, Bluetooth® streaming audio, Pandora® compatibility, SMS text message function, Radio Data System, Speed-sensitive volume control, MP3/auxiliary input jack, USB audio interface with 1.0-amp front charging port, 6-speaker 160-watt audio system
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe EX
- Adds to or replaces features on LX-S: Driver-side seatback pocket, Illuminated power window switches, Push button start, HomeLink® remote system, Driver’s seat with manual height adjustment, Driver’s seat with 10-way power adjustment including lumbar power support, HondaLink®, SiriusXM® radio, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, HD Radio™, USB audio interface with 1.5-amp front charging port and 1.0-amp center console port, 7-speaker 360-watt audio system with subwoofer, Electrostatic 7-inch display audio with high-resolution electrostatic touchscreen and customizable feature settings, Honda LaneWatch™
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-trimmed seats, Heated front seats, Driver’s seat with 10-way power adjustment including lumbar power support and two-position memory, Compass
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6
- Contains the same features as the EX-L trim.
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L V6: Illuminated steering wheel-mounted cruise/audio/phone/i-MID/navigation controls, Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition/Honda HD Digital Traffic/Song by Voice®, Lane Keeping Assist System, Adapative Cruise Control
2017 Honda Accord Coupe Safety
Every trim level of the 2017 Honda Accord coupe comes standard with stability and traction control, antilock disc brakes, and a tire-pressure monitoring system, as well as the aforementioned rearview camera. However, if those safety features just aren’t enough for you, then consider spending more for the Honda Sensing package, which adds advanced safety technologies such as a road-departure warning, a collision-mitigation braking system, lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control. The Honda Sensing package is available for every trim and comes standard on the Touring model.
Standard Safety Features
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with traction control
- Anti-lock braking system with electronic brake distribution and brake assist
- Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Daytime running lights
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ body structure
- Dual-stage multiple-threshold front airbags
- SmartVent® side airbags
- Side curtain airbags with rollover sensor
- 3-point seat belts at all seating positions
- Front 3-point seat belts with automatic tensioning system
- Driver’s and front passenger’s seat belt reminder
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
Get The Best Deal: Do you know all of the benefits of buying a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle?