2017 Honda Civic Sedan Overview
Now in its tenth-generation, the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan offers a dynamic blend of style, performance, and top-notch fuel efficiency, which makes this vehicle one of the premier options in the compact car segment. This new version of the Civic is also longer than the ninth-gen model and the interior is more spacious and comfortable than ever before. On top of all of this, the Honda Civic has a reputation for reliability and for retaining strong resale values, making it less stressful for buyers when it comes time to purchase the vehicle. Competition for the new Civic Sedan includes the Chevrolet Cruze, Ford Focus, and Toyota Corolla.
Model Research: Information on previous Civic model years
What’s new for the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan?
The Honda Civic Sedan received a thorough redesign for the 2016 model year, so the 2017 variant carries over relatively untouched. However, one notable change is that Honda now allows the turbocharged engine to be paired with the manual transmission. Furthermore, the Honda Civic is now offered as a hatchback model and the high-performance Type R is expected to become available in the US this spring.
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Photos:
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Exterior
The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan features such a bold and aggressive exterior design that some people might mistake it for a high-performance fastback, rather than one of America’s best-selling compacts. Standard features on the new Civic Sedan include LED taillights, 16-inch alloy wheels, and projector-beam halogen headlights. In addition, the Civic Sedan’s sloping roofline and sharp body lines add even more visual appeal. What’s more, the 2017 Civic Sedan is available with LED headlights and decklid spoiler on higher trim levels. Exterior color options include Rallye Red, Aegean Blue, and Lunar Silver.
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan LX
- Projector-Beam Halogen Headlights, Integrated Rear-Window Antenna, Security System with Remote Entry, One-Touch Turn Indicators, Taillights with Integrated LED Light Bars, Push-to-Release Fuel Filler Door, 2-speed Intermittent Wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: Smart Entry, Body-Colored Door Handles, Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors, One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature, Variable Intermittent Wipers
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX-T
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Fog lights, Heated Side Mirrors, Fin-Type Roof-Mounted Antenna, Body-Colored Decklid Spoiler, Front Heated Seats
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L
- Contains the same exterior features as the EX-T
Exterior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: LED Headlights, Heated Side Mirrors with LED Turn Indicators
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Performance
The 2017 Honda Civic Sedan comes standard with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that’s rated at 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. This motor comes paired with the buyer’s choice of either a six-speed manual gearbox or continuously variable transmission (CVT). Furthermore, buyers who go with the EX-T trim or higher will get the much talked about 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that supplies 174 horsepower and 167 lb-ft of torque. This turbo-four improves the sedan’s acceleration and can also be paired with the consumer’s choice of either the six-speed manual or CVT.
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Efficiency
Fuel economy for the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan depends on the buyer’s choice of engine and transmission. With the standard 2.0-liter engine and six-speed manual, the 2017 Civic Sedan yields an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 28 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway. In contrast, when equipped with the turbo motor and CVT, the ’17 Civic Sedan is good for 32 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the highway. Every new Civic Sedan comes standard with a 12.4-gallon fuel tank.
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Interior
When people talk about the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan, chances are that you’ll hear them singing the praises of the new turbo engine or the vehicle’s striking design, but the cabin is also one of the tenth-gen Civic’s strongest selling points. This model provides increased cargo and passenger space compared to the ninth-gen Civic and also comes equipped with more advanced tech features. Even the entry-level LX trim comes standard with a rearview camera, four-speaker sound system, and automatic climate control. But if you step up one level to the EX model, you’ll also get a 7-inch touchscreen that can be used to control Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan LX
- Automatic Climate Control System, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Illuminated Window and Door Lock Controls, Cruise Control, Tilt & Telescopic Steering Column, Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls, Center Console with Sliding Armrest & Storage, Sliding Sunvisors, Driver and Passenger Vanity Mirrors, Front Beverage Holders, Electronic Remote Trunk Release, Rear Window Defroster with Timer, Cargo Area Light, LED Pocket Light, Driver’s Seat with Manual Height Adjustment, Fold-Down Rear Seatback, 12-volt Front Power Outlet, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink and Streaming Audio, Radio Data System, Speed-Sensitive Volume Control, 1.0-Amp USB Charging Port, 160-Watt Audio System with 4 Speakers, 5-Inch Color LCD Screen
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX
- Adds to or replaces features on LX: Push Button Start, Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Front & Rear Beverage Holders, Rear-Seat Center Armrest, LED Gear Selection Indicator, Passenger-Side Seatback Pocket, Honda LaneWatch, 1.5-Amp Front USB Charging Port, 1.0 Amp Charging Port in Center Console, 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers, 7-Inch Display Audio with Hi-Res Touch-Screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, HondaLink, Pandora Compatibility, SMS Text Message Function, SiriusXM Radio Trial, HD Radio Trial, Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX-T
- Adds to or replaces features on EX: Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-T: Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob, Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror, Driver’s Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment, Front & Outboard Rear Heated Seats, Leather-Trimmed Seats
Interior available on the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on EX-L: Front Passenger’s Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment, Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS), Road Departure Mitigation System, Lane Keeping Assist System, Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow, 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 9 Speakers + Subwoofer
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Safety
Not only did the 2017 Honda Civic Sedan earn the best possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), it also managed to pick up a Top Safety Pick score from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Every 2017 Civic Sedan comes standard with typical safety features like stability and traction control, anti-lock brakes, and a rearview camera. Furthermore, the Honda Sensing package is available, which adds more advanced safety technology like a collision mitigation braking system, road-departure mitigation, lane-keeping assist, forward-collision warning, and low-speed follow.
Standard Safety Features
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
- Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags
- SmartVent Front Side Airbags
- LATCH Anchors
Just Like New! How to wash your car like a professional