2017 Honda Fit Overview
The Honda Fit might be the smallest vehicle in the carmaker’s American lineup, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t big on style and fuel efficiency. It’s considered one of the most fuel-efficient vehicles on the road today, and the 2017 model is no exception to this ruling. With a straight-forward style and unbeatable price, the 2017 Honda Fit is a great option for those consumers that want a hatchback with the frills, but without a high price tag.
What’s New for the 2017 Honda Fit
For the 2017 model year, the Honda Fit doesn’t have many changes. The only big change is that the Alabaster Silver exterior color is replaced by the Lunar Silver exterior color.
The 2017 Honda Fit is offered in three trim levels: LX, EX, and EX-L.
2017 Honda Fit Photos:
2017 Honda Fit Exterior
This hatchback is one of the most stylish compact options in the industry. Though the previous Honda Fit models looked slightly like an undersized minivan, for the 2017 model year its silhouette has vastly improved. Its short hood combined with a long roofline give the 2017 Fit a quirky, adorable style that is difficult to ignore. Add the Fit’s futuristic-looking front fascia and its sculpted body lines, and you have one hatchback that is anything but typical.
2017 Honda Fit Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the LX:
- Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights with Auto-On/Off, Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors, Body-Colored Rear Roofline Spoiler, Roof-Mounted Antenna, Security System with Remote Entry, LED Brake Lights, Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Intermittent Rear Window Wiper, Body-Colored Door Handles, Rear Window Defroster
Exterior available on the EX:
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature, Smart Entry, Fog Lights
Exterior available on the EX-L:
- Heated Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors with Integrated Turn Indicators
2017 Honda Fit Performance
Only one powertrain is available on all trim levels for the 2017 Honda Fit. This powertrain is a 1.5-liter inline-4 engine, which generates 130 horsepower and 114 lb-ft of torque for plenty of peppy power. The standard gearbox is a six-speed manual, but a continuously variable transmission (CVT) is also available. Regardless of the transmission you choose, you will find that the Fit is fun-to-drive.
2017 Honda Fit Efficiency
As you would expect from a compact hatchback, the 2017 Fit gets great fuel efficiency numbers. It has an EPA-estimated 33 mpg city and 41 mpg highway, which means it gets 36 mpg combined. For the manual gearbox, numbers drop a bit to 29 mpg city and 37 mpg highway, giving the Fit a 32 mpg combined. Regardless, these numbers are still terrific and one of the many reasons why this hatchback is a great everyday vehicle.
2017 Honda Fit Interior
Once inside the cabin, the Honda Fit continues to display its refined, modern style. Sleek lines and top-quality materials give the Fit a luxury look, while its standard and available technology help make the cabin comfortable. Standard features like Bluetooth® and a 5-inch color LCD screen make the Fit a great car to take on road trips and to work. No matter your destination, you’re sure to be comfortable behind the wheel of this 2017 model.
2017 Honda Fit Interior Photos:
Interior available on the LX:
- One-Touch Turn Indicators, Air Conditioning with Air-Filtration System, Power Windows with Auto-Up/Down Driver’s Window, Power Door Locks/Programmable Auto-Locking Doors, Illuminated Driver’s Window and Door Lock Controls, Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls, Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column, 12-Volt Power Outlets, Remote Fuel Filler Door Release, Driver’s Seat with Manual Height Adjustment, Adjustable Front Seat-Belt Anchors, 60/40 Split 2nd-Row Magic Seat®
- MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack, Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, Radio Data System, Speed-Sensitive Volume Control, Front USB Audio Interface, 160-Watt Audio System with 4 Speakers, 5-Inch Color LCD Screen
Interior available on the EX:
- Cargo Area Tie-Down Anchors, Floor Mats
- Honda LaneWatch™, Push Button Start, Front and Center Console USB Interface, 180-Watt Audio System with 6 Speakers, 7-Inch Display Audio with High-Resolution WVGA (800×480) Electrostatic Touch-Screen and Customizable Feature Settings, HondaLink®, Display Audio Interface, Pandora® Compatibility, SMS Text Message Function
Interior available on the EX-L:
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob, Leather-Trimmed Seats, Heated Front Seats
- Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition, Available Honda HD Digital Traffic, Available HD Radio™, Available SiriusXM® Radio
2017 Honda Fit Safety
Safety is a top priority for Honda, and this is noticeable in the 2017 Honda Fit. It has a long list of standard safety features and top-notch safety ratings from the most prolific safety organizations.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH): Lower Anchors (2nd-Row Outboard), Tether Anchors (2nd-Row All)
- Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Seat-Belt Reminder
- Child-Proof Rear Door Locks