2017 Jeep Cherokee Overview
The modern Jeep Cherokee barely resembles the earliest incarnations of the vehicle, at least appearance-wise. Nevertheless, the Cherokee has remained one of Jeep’s most popular models, thanks to its performance both on- and off-road.
None of that has changed with the introduction the 2017 Jeep Cherokee. While perhaps not a popular as its larger cousin the Grand Cherokee, the 2017 Jeep Cherokee still adds that iconic Jeep driving performance to a crossover segment that is otherwise lacking in such thrills.
Special Edition Jeeps: Two New Special-Edition Jeeps Introduced at Los Angeles Auto Show
What’s New for the 2017 Jeep Cherokee
2017 is the first full year that the Jeep Cherokee Overland trim, introduced halfway through 2016, has been made available to the driving public. Standard xenon headlights have also been added to every trim of the Cherokee, with the exception of the base sport trim.
The 2017 Jeep Cherokee is available in nine trims: Sport, Sport Altitude, Latitude, 75th Anniversary Edition, Trailhawk, Limited, High Altitude, Trailhawk L Plus, and Overland.
Additional 2017 Jeep Cherokee Photos:
2017 Jeep Cherokee Exterior
Not much has changed for the Jeep Cherokee in terms of looks for the 2017 model year. However, the addition of exterior features like xenon headlights add a little bit more prestige for the Cherokee lineup.
Other exterior features for the Cherokee include its active grille shutters and standard Firestone tires.
2017 Jeep Cherokee Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Sport:
- Firestone tires, Jeep Cargo Management System Utility Hooks and Bag Kit, Black exterior mirrors, 17-inch x 7.0-inch full face steel wheels, Bi-function halogen projector headlamps, Black headlamp bezels, Anti-lock 4-wheel disc brakes, Headlamps with turn-off time delay, Active grille shutters, LED daytime running headlamps, Power mirrors, 225/60R17 BSW All Season Tires, LED tail lamps
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Sport Altitude:
- 18-inch x 7.0-inch gloss black 5-spoke alum wheels, 225/55R18 All Season Tires, Gloss Black roof rails
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude:
- Body-color door handles, 225/60R17 BSW All Season Tires, Fog lamps, Body-color exterior mirrors, Bright side roof rails, 17-inch x 7.0-inch aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee 75th Anniversary Edition:
- Firestone brand tires, Gloss Black roof rails delete, 18-inch x 7-inch bronze painted aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk:
- 17-Inch x 7.5-inch aluminum wheels, Off-road wheel flares, Accent-color roof rails, P245/65R17 OWL All Terrain Tires
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited:
- Bright side roof rails, Exterior mirrors with turn signals, 18-inch x 7.0-inch polished aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude:
- 18-inch x 7.0-inch gloss black 5-spoke alum wheels, Gloss black roof rails
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk L Plus:
- P245 / 65R17 OWL All Terrain Tires, Off-Road Wheel Flares, Full Size Spare Tire, Accent Color Grille Surrounds, Power Liftgate, Firestone Brand Tires, Accent Color Exterior Mirrors, 17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Aluminum Wheels, Red Tow Hooks – 2 Front / 1 Rear
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland:
- Power liftgate, 18-inch x 7.0-inch polished aluminum wheels
2017 Jeep Cherokee Performance
The option of FWD or 4×4 configurations for all Jeep Cherokee vehicles allows for motorists to discover their preferred way of driving the Cherokee. With a 2.4-liter I4 MultiAir Engine, even the base trim of the 2017 Jeep Cherokee can produce up to 184 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque.
However, 2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland improves upon these performance metrics by producing 271 horsepower and 239 lb-ft of torque.
2017 Jeep Cherokee Efficiency
Jeep isn’t a brand that’s well-known for its efficiency. However, outside of the Trailhawk trims, all of the 2017 Cherokee’s models are able to achieve a respectable 21/30 City/Highway mpg rating, and even the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk is able to reach a fuel economy of 18/24 City/Highway mpg.
2017 Jeep Cherokee Interior
In recent years, Jeep has made great strides to create advanced cabins for its vehicles. The fruit of it labors can be found within the 2017 Jeep Cherokee.
The Cherokee includes a myriad of standard interior features like a manual six-way driver seat and a Jeep Cargo Management System, all designed to create comfort. Furthermore, standard technologies found within the 2017 Jeep Cherokee include a rearview mirror with microphone and FCA’s Uconnect 5.0 interface.
2017 Jeep Cherokee Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Sport:
- Front/rear climate control outlets, Overhead console with sunglass holder, Locking glove box, Speed sensitive power locks, Rear 60/40 folding split recline seat, Six-way manual passenger seat adjust, Rearview mirror with microphone, Cloth low-back bucket seats, Manual six-way driver seat, Front seat active headrests, Cloth door trim panel with map pocket, Power windows with driver’s one-touch-down feature, Tip start, R1234YF air conditioning refrigerant, Eight cargo tie down loops, Rear reading/courtesy lamps, Front and rear floor mats, Full-length floor console, Air filtering, Jeep Cargo Management System, Rear armrest with cup holder, Non-ICS air conditioning, Urethane shift knob
- Technology: 5.0-inch touchscreen display, Temperature and compass gauge, Tachometer, 12-volt cargo power outlet, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth®, Audio jack input for mobile devices, USB charging port in console bin, Electronic Vehicle Information Center, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, Remote SD card slot, Cluster 3.5-inch TFT black and white display, Media center electronics storage, Uconnect® 5.0
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Sport Altitude:
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Technology: Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude:
- Front-passenger fold-flat seat, Air Conditioning, Passenger in-seat cushion storage, Ambient LED interior lighting, Power windows with driver’s one-touch-down feature delete, Premium cloth bucket seats
- Technology: 115-volt auxiliary power outlet
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee 75th Anniversary Edition:
- 75th Edition Cloth / Mesh Bucket Seats, Orange interior accents
- Technology: One-Year SiriusXM Radio Service, Uconnect® Access six-month trial, 8.4-inch touchscreen display, Navigation-capable, Remote USB Port, Uconnect® 8.4
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk:
- Cloth/leather/vinyl bucket seats, Manual six-way driver seat, Cargo net, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Orange interior accents delete
- Technology: Steering-wheel mounted controls, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with one-year radio subscription
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited:
- Cloth door trim panel with map pocket delete, Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Heated steering wheel, Humidity sensor, Premium air filter, Auto-dimming rearview mirror w/microphone, Cargo net, Leather-wrapped shift knob, A/C auto temperature control with dual zone control
- Technology: Universal Garage Door Opener, Cluster 7.0-inch TFT color display
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk L Plus:
- Premium Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats, Ventilated Front Seats (No Pass In-Seat Storage), All-Season Floor Mats
- Technology: Memory for Radio, Driver Seat and Exterior Mirrors
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland:
- Premium leather-trimmed bucket seats, Driver/passenger power four-way lumbar adjust, Front-passenger fold-flat seat delete, Power front driver and passenger seats, Ventilated front seats, Memory for driver seat and exterior mirrors, Wood/leather-wrapped steering wheel, Premium Berber floor mats
- Technology: GPS navigation, Uconnect® 8.4 NAV, Radio memory
2017 Jeep Cherokee Safety
The 2017 Jeep Cherokee offers drivers a complete suite of 70 available safety and security features. Outside of the standard offerings, Cherokee drivers can add on systems like available Blind Spot Monitoring and LaneSense Lane Departure Warning for an added layer of safety.
Standard safety systems for the 2017 Jeep Cherokee include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- Hill Start Assist
- Electronic stability control, Enhanced Accident Response System
- Tire service kit
- Electric Park Brake
- Electronic roll mitigation
- Advanced multistage front airbags
- All speed traction control
Choose Your Own Jeep Adventure: Highlights of Our ‘ Choose Your Adventure ’ Jeep Event