2017 Jeep Patriot Overview
While the Jeep Patriot might not be the brand’s most popular model, it has plenty to offer those consumers looking for an off-road capable compact crossover. With a low starting price, this model is the perfect option for those Jeep lovers looking to get their first Jeep model without spending a lot of money. Optional features are plentiful, making this a solid choice for the rugged consumer.
Should You Buy New or Used? Find out which car option works best for you
What’s New for the 2017 Jeep Patriot
There have been no significant changes for the 2017 Jeep Patriot. This is likely because the Patriot is being replaced next year (along with the Jeep Compass) by a new Jeep compact crossover vehicle.
The 2017 Jeep Patriot is offered in five trim levels: Sport, Sport SE, Latitude, High Altitude, and 75th Anniversary Edition.
2017 Jeep Patriot Photos:
2017 Jeep Patriot Exterior
The 2017 Patriot looks like the offspring of the popular Jeep Wrangler and an old-school Jeep Cherokee with a boxy silhouette and plenty of harsh angles. It’s not unattractive, though, and its exterior design hints at its off-roading roots. Jeep’s characteristic seven-slot grill is nestled between two round headlights, which are similar to the Wrangler’s. Overall, the Patriot offers a unique look to those consumers that want to stand out from the crowd.
2017 Jeep Patriot Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the Sport:
- 16-Inch x 6.5-Inch Styled Steel Wheels, Compact Spare Tire, Halogen Headlamps, Fog Lamps, Black Side Roof Rails, Body-Color Fascia, Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass, Fixed Long Mast Antenna, Liftgate Door with Fixed Glass, Manual Fold-Away Mirrors, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper/Washer, Body-Color Grille, Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
Exterior available on the Sport SE:
- 17-Inch x 6.5-Inch Mineral Gray Aluminum Wheels, All Season Touring Tires, Bright Exhaust Tip
Exterior available on the Latitude:
- 17-Inch x 6.5-Inch Aluminum Wheels, Automatic Headlamps, Black Side Roof Rails, Body-Color Liftgate Applique, Power Heated Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away
Exterior available on the High Altitude:
- 17-Inch x 6.5-Inch Granite Painted Pocket Wheels, Power Express Open/Close Sunroof, Bright Exhaust Tip, Bright Side Roof Rails, Body-Color Fascias with Bright Inserts
Exterior available on the 75th Anniversary Edition:
- 17-Inch x 6.5-Inch Bronze Aluminum Wheels, Compact Spare Tire, OWL All Terrain Tires, Power Express Open/Close Sunroof, Fog Lamps, Halogen Headlamps, Body-Color Fascia, Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass, Fixed Long Mast Antenna, Liftgate Door with Fixed Glass, Manual Fold-Away Mirrors, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper/Washer, Body-Color Grille, Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
2017 Jeep Patriot Performance
There are two engine options for the Jeep Patriot. The first is the standard 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, which produces 158 horsepower and 141 lb-ft of torque. This engine is only available on the front-wheel-drive models. For the second engine option, consumers can get a 2.4-liter four-cylinder generating 172 horsepower and 165 lb-ft of torque. It comes available on front-wheel-drive Patriots, but is standard with those equipped with all-wheel drive.
The standard transmission for both engines is a five-speed manual. There is also an optional continuously variable transmission for the 2.0-liter Patriot engine and a six-speed conventional automatic for the 2.4-liter.
2017 Jeep Patriot Efficiency
For the 2.0-liter four-cylinder-equipped Patriot, the EPA-estimated fuel efficiency rating is 23 mpg city and 30 mpg highway. The 2.0-liter four-cylinder with the CVT is 22 mpg city and 26 mpg highway. When equipped with the 2.4-liter engine, fuel efficiency drops a bit more with 21 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.
2017 Jeep Patriot Interior
The 2017 Jeep Patriot’s interior isn’t the most attractive in its class. Its cabin is full of hard plastic rather than higher quality material, but its design is modern-looking and practical, which makes up for the lesser materials. One of the most appealing parts of the interior is the Patriot’s comfortable seats, which provide great support for long drives. The optional 6.5-inch touchscreen with Uconnect helps keep you connected while you’re out on the road.
When it comes to cargo capacity, the Patriot offers 23 cubic feet of space behind the rear seatbacks. Once the rear seats are folded down, it offers up to 53.5 cubic feet of stowage.
Interior available on the Sport:
- Height – Adjustable Front Shoulder Belts, Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, Rear 60/40 Folding Seat, Rear Seat Heat Ducts, Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Microphone, Bright Interior Accents, Flat Load Floor Storage, Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert, Full-Length Floor Console, Illuminated Cup Holders, Manual Door Locks, Tilt Steering Column
- 12-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet, Power Accessory Delay, 1-Year SiriusXM Radio Service, 4 Speakers, Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices, Radio 130, Remote USB Port, SiriusXM® Sat Radio with 1-year Radio Subscription, Uconnect® Voice Command with Bluetooth®
Interior available on the Sport SE:
- Cloth/Vinyl Low-Back Bucket Seats, Heated Front Seats, Driver Seat Height Adjuster, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel, Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Interior available on the Latitude:
- Premium Cloth Bucket Seats, Rear 60/40 Split Fold and Recline Seat, Air Conditioning, Power Windows with Driver’s One-Touch-Down Feature, Speed Sensitive Power Door Locks
- 115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
Interior available on the High Altitude:
- Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats, Manual Driver Lumbar Adjust, Power 6-Way Driver Seat
Interior available on the 75th Anniversary Edition:
- Height – Adjustable Front Shoulder Belts, Ombre Mesh Bucket Seats, Rear 60/40 Folding Seat, Rear Seat Heat Ducts, Air Conditioning, Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Microphone, Flat Load Floor Storage, Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert, Full-Length Floor Console, Illuminated Cup Holders, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel, Manual Door Locks, Manual Windows, Tilt Steering Column, Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
- 12-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet, 1-Year SiriusXM Radio Service, 4 Speakers, Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices, Radio 130, Remote USB Port, SiriusXM® Sat Radio with 1-year Radio Subscription, Uconnect® Voice Command with Bluetooth®
2017 Jeep Patriot Safety
The 2017 Jeep Patriot came out of government crash testing with four stars overall out of a possible five. It has a number of standard safety features that help you keep safe out on the road.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Tire Pressure Monitor with Warning Lamp
- Active Head Restraints
- Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill Start Assist
- Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
- Supplemental Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Supplemental Side-Curtain Front Airbags
Hands-Free Technology: Learn all about Uconnect’s Siri Eyes Free feature