2017 Jeep Renegade Overview
While only a couple of years old, the Jeep Renegade is quickly becoming somewhat of a staple for the brand. While certainly not as popular as the Cherokee or Wrangler lineups, the subcompact SUV still filled in for a segment that many Jeep enthusiasts had been craving for quite some time.
In 2017, not much has changed for the Jeep Renegade. However, due to the model’s current popularity, it’s doubtful that Jeep would want things to change all the much.
An Impressive Automotive Achievement: 75 Years of Jeep
What’s New for the 2017 Jeep Renegade
The Jeep Renegade receives a collection of new available features for the 2017 model year. Included on this list of features are Xenon headlights, automatic high beams, and a keyless ignition system.
The 2017 Jeep Renegade is offered to drivers in six separate trims: Sport, Latitude, Altitude, Trailhawk, Limited, and Deserthawk. All Renegade trims are offered in 4×4 configurations, while the Sport, Latitude, Altitude, and Limited models also come offered with a 4×2 configuration.
Additional 2017 Jeep Renegade Photos:
2017 Jeep Renegade Exterior
With a palette of up to 10 different colors to choose from, Renegade drivers will have no trouble customizing the look of their personal Jeep vehicle. However, color schemes aren’t the only versatile part of the vehicle’s exterior.
Standard exterior features like a rear window defroster and daytime running lamps help make the 2017 Jeep Renegade ready to head down the road less traveled by. Available features like deep tint sunscreen glass simply make that journey a little more enjoyable.
2017 Jeep Renegade Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Sport:
- 215/65R16 LBL all season tires, 16-inch x 6.5-inch styled steel wheels, Rear window defroster, Capless fuel fill, Black exterior mirrors, Lower body side cladding, Removable short mast antenna, Manual mirrors, Body-color roof, “Sport” badge, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Rear window wiper/washer, Black door handles, Daytime running lamp system, Halogen headlamps, Monotone paint, Headlamps with turn-off time delay
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Latitude:
- Deep tint sunscreen glass, 215/65R16 LBL all season tires, Body-color exterior mirrors, “Latitude” badge, Cornering front fog lamps, Body-color door handles, Automatic headlamps, Exterior mirrors with heating element, Black side roof rails, Upgraded exterior color mirror, 16-inch x 6.5-inch aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Altitude:
- Front side marker/side repeater lamp, 225/55R18 all season tires, 18-inch x 8.0-inch gloss black wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk:
- Black Painted Roof, Exterior Mirrors with Heating Element, Power Heated Mirrors, Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield, “Trailhawk” Badge, Hood Decal, Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers, Lower Body Side Cladding, Accent Color Exterior Badging, 17-Inch x 6.5-Inch Aluminum Wheels, Accent Color Exterior Mirrors, 215/65R17 BSW All Season On / Off Road Tires, Front Suspension Skid Plate
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited:
- Exterior mirrors with turn signals, Bright exhaust tip, 18-inch x 7.0-inch aluminum wheels, Optional My Sky™ power retractable/removable panels, Bright side roof rails, Windshield wiper de-icer, Black painted roof, Optional tonneau cover, “Limited” badge, Bright exterior mirrors
Additional exterior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Deserthawk:
- “Trailhawk” Badge, Black Side Roof Rails, Accent Color Exterior Badging, Body-Color Roof, 215/ 65R17 BSW All Season On /Off Road Tires, Front Suspension Skid Plate, Hood Decal, Power Heated Mirrors, Accent Color Exterior Mirrors, 17 – Inch x 6.5 – Inch Semi-Gloss Black Aluminum Wheels
2017 Jeep Renegade Performance
The Jeep Renegade comes standard with a 1.4-liter I4 MultiAir Turbo engine and a six-speed C635 manual transmission, which work together to produce 160 horsepower. However, for those who want just a little more performance from their Jeep, the available 2.4-liter I4 MultiAir engine comes paired with a nine-speed 948TE automatic transmission to deliver a 180 horsepower performance.
2017 Jeep Renegade Efficiency
The latest model of the Jeep Renegade reaches a standard fuel efficiency rating of 24/31 City/Highway mpg. Of course, models that come equipped with the more powerful 2.4-liter I4 MultiAir engine have to sacrifice some of that efficiency, settling instead for a 21/29 City/Highway mpg score.
2017 Jeep Renegade Interior
When it comes to comfort and seating inside the latest Jeep Renegade, the cabin is loaded with many useful amenities, even on standard models. A height-adjustable rear cargo floor and rear 60/40 folding seats make finding room inside the Renegade for supplies a relatively simple task.
Of course, if drivers are looking for a technologically-advanced crossover, then they will have to choose from a higher trim level for the Renegade. Systems like Uconnect 5.0 with equipped touchscreen display only become available once drivers upgrade to the Renegade Latitude trim level.
2017 Jeep Renegade Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Sport:
- Comfort and Seating: Power front windows w/1-touch up and down feature, 160-mph primary speedometer, Electronic vehicle information center, Floor mats, Driver-side sun visor with mirror, Cargo compartment lamp, Height adjustable rear cargo floor, Rear 60/40 folding seat, Cloth low-back bucket seats, Front-passenger fold forward seat with soft back, Driver assist handle, Front center sliding armrest, Glove box lamp, Driver seat height adjuster, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, Three rear seat head restraints, Heater with instrument panel ventilation, Manual 6-way driver seat and 4-way pass seat, Silver shift knob, Passenger assist handles, Cargo tie down loops, Tachometer, Height-adjustable front shoulder belts, Steering wheel, Auxiliary 12-Volt rear power outlet, Passenger-side sun visor with mirror, Outside temperature display, Second-row power windows, Rear view day/night mirror, Cluster 3.5-inch TFT monochrome display
- Technology: Media hub (USB and aux), Radio 3.0, Four speakers
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Latitude:
- Comfort and Seating: Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Air conditioning, Remote USB port – charge-only, Front seat back map pockets, Ambient LED interior lighting
- Technology: 5.0-inch touchscreen display, six speakers, Media hub (USB and aux), One year SiriusXM radio service, Uconnect 5.0, GPS antenna input, Integrated voice command with Bluetooth
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Altitude:
- Comfort and Seating: Optional remote USB port
- Technology: Optional HD radio, optional Uconnect 6.5 navigation
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk:
- Comfort and Seating: 115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet, All-Season Floor Mats, Manual 6-Way Driver Seat and 4-Way Pass Seat, Premium Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats, Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob, 160-MPH Primary Speedometer, Front-Passenger Fold Forward Seat with Soft Back
- Technology: Hill Descent Control, Cluster 7.0-Inch TFT Color Display
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited:
- Comfort and Seating: 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Cluster 7.0-inch TFT color display, 40/20/40 rear seat with trunk pass-thru, Power 4-way driver lumbar adjust, Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Heated steering wheel, Power 8-way driver seat and manual 4-way pass seat, Heated front seats, A/C auto temperature control with dual zone control
Additional interior features available on the 2017 Jeep Renegade Deserthawk:
- Comfort and Seating: 40/20 /40 Rear Seat with Trunk Pass-Thru, Power 4-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
2017 Jeep Renegade Safety
To help drivers achieve peace of mind on the road, the 2017 Jeep Renegade comes with an extensive suite of safety features, both active and passive. Technologies like Electronic Stability Control help drivers avoid an accident in the first place, while advanced Multistage Front Airbags respond accordingly if an accident does occur.
Safety features that come standard for the 2017 Jeep Renegade include the following:
- Supplemental Side-Curtain Front and Rear Airbags
- Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
- Electric Power Steering
- Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
- Electric Park Brake
- Occupant Detection System
- Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- LATCH Ready Child Seat Anchor System
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Electronic Stability Control
- Panic Brake Assist
- Locking Glove Box
- Speed Sensitive Power Locks
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- Dual Note Electric Horns
- Supplemental Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Driver Inflatable Knee-Bolster Airbag
The Jeep Brand Recognized: NWAPA Mudfest Recognizes Jeep Compass, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk