2017 Kia Forte Overview
Just because a car is compact, doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice any space—and the 2017 Kia Forte is proof of that. For the 2017 model year, the Forte offers consumers the perfect combination of fuel efficiency, technology, and athletic performance to make it one of the best choices in its segment. Add its distinctive new style and an interior that practically oozes comfort and you have one vehicle that can’t be beaten.
Check Out Last Year’s Model: See what the 2016 Kia Forte has to offer
What’s New for the 2017 Kia Forte
For the 2017 model year, the Kia Forte has gained a new base engine and a variety of advanced convenience and driver-assistance features. It also has an updated exterior design and the brand-new sporty S trim level.
The 2017 Kia Forte has three trim levels: LX, S, and EX.
2017 Kia Forte Photos:
2017 Kia Forte Exterior
With a slight new facelift, the 2017 Kia Forte has a sportier look than last year’s model. A muscular front end boasts sculpted body lines, which are softened by the Forte’s softly curved roofline. With Kia’s characteristic tiger nose grille, the front end hints at a sense of power that has never been seen in the Forte before. It also has newly designed headlights that are available with Xenon HID lights, which add a touch of class to the compact car’s exterior.
2017 Kia Forte Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the LX:
- Heated outside mirrors, Solar control glass, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Projector beam headlights, Locking fuel-filler door
Exterior available on the S:
- Auto light control, LED positioning lights, Rear trunk lid spoiler, Chrome exhaust tip
Exterior available on the EX:
- Chrome window molding & door handle inserts, Welcome lighting with illuminated door handle pocket, Mirror-mounted turn signal indicators, Power-folding outside mirrors, Windshield wiper de-icer, LED rear combination lamps, Rear trunk lid spoiler delete
2017 Kia Forte Performance
Kia has replaced the previous standard four-cylinder engine with a standard 2.0-liter Atkinson I-4, which churns out 147 horsepower and 132 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a six-speed manual transmission, though a six-speed automatic transmission is also available.
A 2.0-liter I-4 with direct injection is the standard engine for the top EX trim level. This engine is slightly more powerful than the standard 2.0-liter, offering 164 horsepower and 151 lb-ft of torque. It is only available with the six-speed automatic transmission.
2017 Kia Forte Efficiency
The standard 2.0-liter engine mated with the manual transmission has an EPA-estimated rating of 25 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. For the same engine with the automatic transmission, fuel economy improves slightly with an estimated 29 mpg in the city and 38 on the highway, offering 32 mpg combined. The direct-injection engine for the EX trim has an EPA-estimated 25 mpg city and 33 mpg highway.
2017 Kia Forte Interior
The 2017 Kia Forte makes it easy to get a classy interior for a low price. This compact car is outfitted with an interior that is the epitome of comfort. Available ventilated front seats circulate so both the driver and front-seat passenger feel comfortable, while features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto make it easy to keep up-to-date with your social schedule. The 2017 Forte is outfitted with steering wheel-mounted controls, SiriusXM satellite radio, and a plethora of other standard technological features that are sure to put a grin on your face. To stay connected—and comfortable—out on the road, look no further than the Forte compact car.
2017 Kia Forte Interior Photos:
Interior available on the LX:
- Power Windows with Driver One-Touch Auto-Down, Remote keyless entry with trunk opener, Remote door locks, Air conditioning, Woven cloth seat trim, Six-way adjustable driver’s seat, 60/40 split folding rear seat
- AM/FM/CD/MP3/SiriusXM® Audio System with four speakers, Bluetooth® Wireless Technology Hands-Free Connectivity, USB/Auxiliary input jack, Steering-wheel-mounted audio and hands-free phone controls, Tilt and telescopic steering column
Interior available on the S:
- Front passenger seat back pocket, Illuminated glove box, Illuminated ignition key lock cylinder, Dual map lights, Overhead sunglasses holder, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Black sport cloth seat trim, Leather-wrapped steering wheel & gear shift knob, Soft-touch upper door panels
- Tweeter speakers, Rear camera display, AM/FM/MP3/SiriusXM® Audio System, UVO eServices with 7-inch Color Touch-Screen Display with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™, Dual 12v outlets, Cruise control with steering wheel controls, Active Eco System, Drive mode select, 3.5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT), LCD Meter Display with Trip Computer
Interior available on the EX:
- Power windows with driver and front passenger one-touch auto-up/down, Push-button start with smart key and immobilizer, Dual-zone automatic temperature control with rear vents, Folding rear center armrest with cup holders, Leather seat trim
- Smart Trunk
2017 Kia Forte Safety
Kia has made safety a top priority in the Forte compact car. It now has a long list of available advanced driver assistance technologies, including Autonomous Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Detection, and Rear-Cross Traffic Alert.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Dual Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Full-Length Side Curtain Airbags
- 3-Point Seat Belts for All Seating Positions
- Front Seat-Belt Pretensioners
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes w/ ABS
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) and Rear Child-Safety Door Locks
- Internal Emergency Trunk Release
Sweet Style: See how the Forte’s style has changed