2017 Lexus RX Overview
When it comes to luxury SUVs, not many can compare with the 2017 Lexus RX. This crossover is distinguished from the inside out and you’ll enjoy every moment of driving it. With advanced technology and safety features included, drivers need look no further than this intriguing model.
The 2017 Lexus RX is available in four trims: 350, 350 F Sport, 450h, and 450h F Sport.
Dare to Compare: Lexus RX vs. the competition
What’s New for the 2017 Lexus RX?
The most impressive updates for the 2017 Lexus RX include new standard safety features like Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Pre-Collision Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Warning with Steering Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, and automatic high beams. Additionally, the RX 350 F Sport model is now available with front-wheel drive, for a more athletic drive.
2017 Lexus RX Photos:
2017 Lexus RX Exterior
Every trim of the 2017 RX has aggressive lines and sharp style, but the F Sport trims give you even more distinctive designs with the front bumper, upper and lower grille inserts, rear valance, and rear spoiler. The RX is offered in 10 different attractive colors, ranging from Matador Red Mica to the elegant Obsidian. To top things off, the RX sits atop beautiful 18-inch alloy wheels, surrounded by all-season tires.
2017 Lexus RX Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on 350:
- 18-inch alloy wheels, P235/65VR18 BSW all-season tires, Rear spoiler, Tinted glass, Automatic on/off LED headlights, Rear window defogger, Power-adjustable heated exterior mirrors with integrated turn indicators
Exterior available on 350 F Sport:
- Adds to or replaces features on 350: 20-inch alloy wheels, P235/55VR20 BSW all-season tires
Exterior available on 450h:
- Adds to or replaces features on 350 F Sport: 18-inch alloy wheels, P235/65VR18 BSW all-season tires
Exterior available on 450h F Sport:
- Adds to or replaces features on 450h: 20-inch alloy wheels, P235/55VR20 BSW all-season tires
2017 Lexus RX Performance
The 2017 Lexus RX 350 and 350 F Sport both have a 3.5-liter V6 engine under the hood, mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission that boasts 295 horsepower and 267 lb-ft of torque. When it comes to the 450h and 450h F Sport trims, those come with the 3.5-liter V6 paired with a 123 kW electric motor, pumping out 308 horsepower and 247 lb-ft of torque.
2017 Lexus RX Efficiency
The fuel economy for the 350 and 350 F Sport both sit at an EPA estimated 28/20/23 mpg city/highway/combined, while the 450h and 450h F Sport have impressive standings at 28/30/30 mpg city/highway/combined.
2017 Lexus RX Interior
Convenience and quality are both prominently displayed inside the 2017 Lexus RX. With an available Mark Levinson® audio system and a stunning dual-screen rear seat entertainment system, you and your passengers won’t want to leave the RX. Leather-trimmed accents top off the luxury, along with available heated front seats and an available power sun/moonroof.
2017 Lexus RX Interior Photos:
Interior available on 350:
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel with controls, Tilt and telescoping steering column, Driver and passenger multi-adjustable power seat, Folding second row seat, Automatic climate control, Dual-zone front climate control, Rear climate control vents, Interior air filter, Interior day/night electrochromic rearview mirror, Smart Key system with keyless entry
Interior available on 350 F Sport:
- Adds to or replaces features on 350: Heated front seats
Interior available on 450h and 450h F Sport:
- Adds to or replaces features on 350 F Sport: Power sunroof/moonroof
2017 Lexus RX Safety
Newly added standard safety features for the 2017 model year have made the RX even more impressive than ever before, netting it an IIHS Top Safety Pick+.
Standard Safety Features:
- Stability control
- Electronic traction control
- Front and rear disc brakes with four-wheel ABS
- Brake Assist (FWD models only)
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Front airbags, front airbag occupant sensors, front side airbag, front knee airbags
- Height-adjustable front seat belts with automatic locking retractors and pretensioners
- Side impact door beams
- Daytime Running Lights
- Anti-theft protection
- Panic button
- Engine immobilizer
Read All About It: What are F Sport performance models?