2017 Lincoln MKC Overview
The 2017 Lincoln MKC is a five-passenger compact SUV that carries a starting MSRP of $32,880. Consumers who are looking for a roomy luxury vehicle with a quiet cabin, as well as numerous comfort amenities, should consider taking a closer look at this American SUV. Furthermore, the new Lincoln MKC is available with two capable turbo engine options, while consumers can also select between front-wheel and all-wheel drive variants. Competition for the ’17 Lincoln MKC includes the Acura RDX, Volvo XC60, and BMW X3.
Safe Driving Tips: Use these helpful tips to promote increased safety in school zones
What’s New for the 2017 Lincoln MKC?
For the 2017 model year, the Sync 3 infotainment system finally becomes compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. In addition, automatic brake hold technology and a power liftgate are now included as standard features across all trims. Lastly, automatic start/stop engine tech can be added to each engine, regardless of whether it’s front-wheel or all-wheel drive.
2017 Lincoln MKC Photos:
2017 Lincloln MKC Exterior
With a starting MSRP in the low 30,000s, it’s easy to see that Lincoln is targeting younger buyers with its new MKC SUV. However, despite offering a sleek and stylish overall design, the front of the vehicle still maintains the attention-grabbing split-wing grille that’s been featured on Lincoln vehicles for years now. Also, while 18-inch wheels come standard on the MKC, consumers who opt for the top-level Black Label version will get larger 19-inch rims. Upgrading to the Black Label model will also add a multimode adaptive suspension to the MKC that further improves driving dynamics. A few of the exterior color options offered with the 2017 Lincoln MKC include Black Velvet Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Palladium White Gold Metallic.
2017 Lincoln MKC Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKC Premiere
- 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, Mini steel spare tire and wheel, Intermittent speed-sensitive front windshield wipers, Approach detection, Body-color door handles, Chrome dual exhaust tips, HID automatic headlamps with LED signature lamps, Body-color exterior mirrors, Integrated blind spot mirrors, Heated and power-adjustable dual side-view mirrors with memory, Reverse Sensing system, LED taillamps, Bright beltline molding, Body-color roof-mounted antenna, Roof rack side rails, Power liftgate, Privacy glass, Laminated acoustic windshield and front door glass, Rear window defroster with washer and dual-speed wiper, Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKC Select
- Adds to or replaces features on Premiere: Retractable cargo cover, Configurable Daytime Running Lamps, Autofold power side-view mirrors, Side-view mirror LED turn signal indicators
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve
- Adds to or replaces features on Select: 18-inch bright machined wheels with dark stainless painted pockets, Hands-free liftgate, Panoramic Vista Roof® with power shade
Exterior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKC Black Label
- Black Label Badging, Body-Colored Bumpers, Body-Colored Fascias, Body-Colored Door Handles, Body-Colored Spoiler, Bright Beltline Molding, Bright Chrome front grille with satin plated bars, Bright Roof-rack Side Rails, Color-keyed Exterior Antenna, Configurable Daytime Running Lamps, Dual Exhaust with Chrome Exhaust Tips, Front Solar Tinted Privacy Glass, HID headlamps with LED Signature, Intermittent Windshield Wipers, LED Taillamps, Lincoln Logo Welcome Mat, Door Handle Illumination, Approach Detection, Signature Lighting Fade Up, Panoramic Vista Roof®, Power Liftgate with Hands-Free Function, 19-inch Premium Ebony Painted Aluminum Wheels
2017 Lincoln MKC Performance
The 2017 Lincoln MKC comes standard with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine good for 240 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque. That engine can only be matched to a six-speed automatic transmission, but consumers do get to choose between standard front-wheel drive or the available all-wheel driving system. For a little more pop, Lincoln does offer a slightly more powerful 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder that produces 285 horsepower and 305 lb-ft of torque. When equipped with this engine option, the ’17 Lincoln MKC can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in a little over seven seconds.
2017 Lincoln MKC Efficiency
Fuel economy numbers for the 2017 Lincoln MKC varies depending on which engine and drive system each consumer chooses. When equipped with the standard 2.0-liter motor and FWD, the Lincoln MKC yields an EPA-estimated 21 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway. But when that engine is combined with AWD, efficiency drops slightly to 19 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. For those consumers who opt for the available 2.3-liter engine upgrade, they’ll see efficiency ratings of 18 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. Furthermore, every 2017 Lincoln MKC comes standard with a 16.2 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Lincoln MKC Interior
Consumers who decide to test drive the 2017 Lincoln MKC will quickly find out that thanks to the noise deadening technology used to create the cabin, the new MKC has one of the quietest interiors available on the market. Users will also find knobs and buttons on the dash that can be used to control the Sync 3 infotainment system. This is a stark contrast to the slide controls used with the old MyFord Touch system, which were heavily criticized as being difficult to use and slow to respond. Some of the other luxurious features that come standard in the Lincoln MKC include dual-zone climate control, heated power front seats, leather upholstery, and a nine-speaker sound system that comes with SiriusXM radio.
2017 Lincoln MKC Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKC Premiere
- Heated front seats, 10-way power-adjustable driver seat with 2-way power lumbar and memory, 4-way power-adjustable front passenger seat with power recline, 60/40 split bench rear seat, Front seat back map pockets, Soft-touch seating surfaces, Aluminum trim on doors and instrument panel, Push-button shift, Active noise control, Cruise control, Intelligent access with push-button start, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with cruise and audio controls, Front and rear floor mats, Message center with compass, MyKey®, Particulate air filtration system, LED map lights, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Four 12V power outlets, Manual tilt/telescoping steering column, One-touch up/down front and rear windows, Dual-illuminated front visor mirrors with ticket clip, Overhead console with sunglasses holder, Remote start system, Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, SYNC 3, 8-inch LCD touchscreen and 5-way steering wheel controls, Two Smart Charging USB ports, Lincoln Premium Audio System with nine speakers including subwoofer, SiriusXM Radio
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKC Select
- Adds to or replaces features on Premiere: 10-way power-adjustable front passenger seat with lumbar support, Bridge of Weir™ Deepsoft leather-trimmed seats, Genuine wood trim on doors and instrument panel, Ambient lighting, Power tilt/telescoping steering column with memory, Universal garage door opener
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve
- Adds to or replaces features on Select: Heated and cooled front seats, 110V power inverter outlet, Available Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link®, Embedded modem, Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert
Interior available on the 2017 Lincoln MKC Black Label
- Alcantara® Headliner/Pillars; Ambient Lighting; Anti-Allergic Interior; Cabin particulate air filter; Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control; Cruise Control; Cupholders; Power Door Locks; Power Windows w/One-Touch Up/Down; Dual Illuminated Driver and Passenger Visors with Ticket Clip; First Row Overhead Console with Dome and Map lights; Front and Rear Floormat with Alcantara® Edge Binding; Front-passenger Grab Handle; Interior Cargo Cover; Leather Console and Instrument Panel; Leather-wrapped door trim; Message Center with Compass; Outside temperature display; Overhead Console with sunglasses holder; Power Converter 110V Outlet; Four Powerpoints; Power tilt/telescoping Steering Column with Memory; Premium Reversible Cargo Mat and Area Cover; Push-Button Shift; Push-Button Start; Rear Grab Handles with Coat Hooks and Map Lights; Venetian Leather Seats, First Row; 10-Way Power Driver Seat with 2-way Power Lumbar and Memory, First Row; 10-way Power Front-Passenger Seat with Power Recline, First Row; Seatback Map Pockets; Heated Front Row Seats; 60/40 Fold-Flat Split Bench with Recline; SelectShift® with Paddle Shifters; Wollsdorf Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel; Wood Interior on instrument panel, console, and doors; SYNC® 3; Hill Start Assist; Reverse Sensing System; BLIS®; Universal Garage Door Opener; Auto Start-Stop Technology; Navigation System; Active Noise Control; Lincoln Premium Sound System with 10 Speakers and Single-CD/MP3 Player; SiriusXM® Radio with 6-month Prepaid Subscription
2017 Lincoln MKC Safety
Every 2017 Lincoln MKC comes standard with antilock brakes, stability control, rear parking sensors, and a rearview camera. In addition, each New Lincoln MKC comes standard with MyKey technology. This advanced tech system allows vehicle owners to set pre-defined limits for secondary drivers, such as a maximum speed limit and how high the stereo’s volume can be raised. This allows parents to keep track of younger drivers who use the vehicle. For increased safety, Lincoln offers more advanced safety tech, such as lane departure warning, rear cross-traffic alert, lane departure intervention, blind-spot monitoring, and a frontal collision warning system.
Standard Safety Features
- Traction control
- Hill Start Assist
- Power 4-wheel disc Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™(RSC®)
- Rear View Camera
- Personal Safety System™
- Dual-stage front airbags
- Front seat-mounted side impact airbags
- Safety Canopy® system with side curtain airbags
- Driver knee airbag
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- Belt-Minder® front safety belt reminder
- Illuminated entry
- Remote Keyless Entry system
- SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system
- Child-safety rear door locks
- SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad
- Perimeter alert