2017 Mazda CX-3 Overview
Back once more for the 2017 model year, Mazda brings us its subcompact crossover, the stylish CX-3.
Let’s Have Some Fun: Check out the newest Miata, the MX-5 RF
What’s New for the 2017 Mazda CX-3?
The 2017 Mazda CX-3 is only in its second model year, so carries over unchanged.
2017 Mazda CX-3 Photos:
2017 Mazda CX-3 Exterior
The 2017 Mazda CX-3 is a subcompact crossover with Mazda’s unique KODO: Soul of Motion design language. Sweeping lines and forward-flung wheels give the CX-3 an aggressive and confident stance.
2017 Mazda CX-3 Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Mazda CX-3 Sport
- Roof-mounted “shark fin” antenna, Daytime Running Lights, Clear-lens halogen headlights, Auto-off headlights, Dual body-colored power side mirrors, Body-color door handles, Black side body garnish, Rear roofline spoiler, Variable-intermittent windshield wipers, Intermittent rear wiper/washer, 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Temporary spare tire
Exterior available on the 2017 Mazda CX-3 Touring
- Body-colored power side mirrors with integrated turn signal lamps, Heated side mirrors, 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
Exterior available on the 2017 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring
- LED Daytime Running Lights, LED headlights with auto leveling, LED Combination taillights, LED fog lights, Silver side body garnish, Silver front grille garnish
2017 Mazda CX-3 Performance
The 2017 CX-3 is powered by a SKYACTIV®-G 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, which puts out 146 hp and 146 lb-ft of torque to either two or four wheels, depending on the model. This is more than enough to pull this small crossover around, giving it an undeniable fun driving experience.
2017 Mazda CX-3 Efficiency
In front-wheel-drive models, the light CX-3’s four-cylinder, combined with a six-speed automatic transmission, delivers an EPA-estimated 29 mpg in the city, 34 mpg on the highway, and 31 mpg combined. In all-wheel-drive models those numbers become an EPA-estimated 27 mpg in the city, 32 mpg on the highway, and 29 mpg combined.
2017 Mazda CX-3 Interior
The CX-3 has seating area for five, although due to its subcompact size rear seat room may be somewhat limited, with 12.4 cubic feet behind the rear seats and 44.5 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. If you opt for the Bose® sound system, that space drops to 10.1 cubic feet and 42.3 cubic feet, respectively, due to the inclusion of a large subwoofer. Otherwise, the CX-3 offers nicely bolstered front seats for long driving hauls in comfort.
2017 Mazda CX-3 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Mazda CX-3 Sport
- Air conditioning with pollen filter, Power windows with driver’s one-touch down/up feature, Power door locks with two-stage unlocking, Push button start, Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls, Front and rear overhead lights, Remote fuel door release, Remote keyless illuminated entry system with “answer back” feature, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Dual covered visor vanity mirrors, Five-passenger seating capacity, 60/40 split fold-down rear seats, Cloth door trim with black arm rests, Black center console knee pads, 6-way manual driver’s seat, Cloth-trimmed sport seats, Carpet floor mats, 12-volt power outlet, Seven-inch full-color touch screen display, Bluetooth® hands free phone & audio capability, AM/FM/CD/MP3 sound system with Automatic Level Control, Multifunction Commander Control, MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System, Auxiliary-audio input jack, USB audio input, Steering-wheel-mounted audio, cruise and phone controls
Interior available on the 2017 Mazda CX-3 Touring
- Overhead console with sunglass holder, Red center console knee pads, Heated front seats (3 levels), Leatherette-trimmed sport seats, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped parking brake handle, Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System
Interior available on the 2017 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring
- Active Driving Display, Automatic climate control with pollen filter, Power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch-open feature and interior sunshade, Tonneau cover, Leather-trimmed sport seats with Lux Suede inserts, Leatherette-trimmed dashboard trim panel, Bright-finish door handle pulls, Lux Suede door trim with red arm rests, Push-button start, HD Radio™, Mazda Navigation System, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 4-month trial subscription
2017 Mazda CX-3 Safety
One of the CX-3’s best safety features is the brand’s available i-ACTIV AWD®, which monitors road conditions and adjusts wheel power accordingly. In addition to the more passive safety systems like airbags, etc., the CX-3 also can be equipped with more active safety systems from the brand’s i-ACTIVSENSE® line, like automatic high beams, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, adaptive front lighting, and two automatic braking systems.
Standard Safety Features
- 3-point safety belts for all seating positions
- Front safety-belt pretensioners with force limiters
- Advanced front air bags with seat belt-use, passenger-weight and driver’s seat-position sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and side-impact air curtains with rollover protection
- Rearview camera
- LATCH child-safety-seat anchors & upper tether anchors
- Side-impact door beams
- Fold-away brake pedal assembly
- Keyless remote panic button (on key fob)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Child-safety rear door locks
Want Something a Bit Bigger? Check out the best-selling Mazda CX-5