2017 Mazda6 Overview
The 2017 Mazda6 is a stylish midsize family sedan that carries a starting MSRP of $21,945. This sedan comes standard with a number of new features for the 2017 model year, but still retains its fun-to-drive nature and impressive fuel economy. Available in three unique trim levels, the new Mazda6 offers numerous standalone options, which allow consumers the ability to customize the Mazda6 to suit their specific needs and tastes. The 2017 Mazda6 competes with the Hyundai Sonata, Ford Fusion, and Toyota Camry.
Is A New Special-Edition Miata Really Coming? Check out the all-new Mazda MX-5 Miata RF
What’s New for the 2017 Mazda6?
Every 2017 Mazda6 sedan now comes standard with Mazda’s G-Vectoring Control and a 7-inch infotainment system. In addition, the higher-level Touring and Grand Touring models add lane-keeping assist and automatic emergency braking as standard safety features.
2017 Mazda6 Photos:
2017 Mazda6 Exterior
The 2017 Mazda6 features a sleek and poised exterior design that’s highlighted by sweeping body lines, an elongated hood, and distinctive front grille. A look around the back of the vehicle will reveal dual exhaust outlets with chrome tips and eye-catching LED taillights. In addition, while 17-inch alloy wheels come standard on the new Mazda6, consumers who opt for the top-level Grand Touring model will receive larger 19-inch wheels, as well as upgraded LED headlights and a rear trunklid spoiler. Exterior color options for the Mazda6 include Soul Red Metallic, Deep Crystal Blue, and Machine Gray Metallic.
2017 Mazda6 Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Mazda6 Sport
- Halogen headlights with automatic off, Halogen Daytime Running Lights, Variable-intermittent windshield wipers, Body colored power side mirrors with integrated turn signals, Body colored door handles, Integrated rear-window antenna, LED Combination Taillights, Dual exhaust outlets with chrome tips, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, P225/55 R17 all-season tires
Exterior available on the 2017 Mazda6 Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: Auto on/off headlights, Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers, 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, P225/45 R19 all-season tires, Temporary spare tire
Exterior available on the 2017 Mazda6 Grand Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: LED headlights with automatic on/off and auto-leveling, Adaptive Front-lighting System, High Beam Control, LED Daytime Running Lights, LED Fog Lights, Power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch-open feature and interior sunshade, Heated side mirrors with driver’s side auto-dimming, LED combination taillights, LED Grille Accent Lighting, Rear decklid spoiler, 19-inch dark silver-painted aluminum-alloy wheels, P225/45 R19 all-season radial tires
2017 Mazda6 Performance
Every 2017 Mazda6 comes standard with a 2.5-liter Skyactiv four-cylinder engine rated at 184 horsepower and 185 lb-ft of torque. Base models come equipped with a six-speed manual transmission, but a six-speed automatic is available at an additional charge. When equipped with the automatic gearbox, the new Mazda6 is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in less than eight seconds, which is quick for the midsize sedan segment. In addition, the Mazda6’s steering is sharp and responsive thanks to the new G-Vectoring Control system that comes standard on all new 6 sedans.
2017 Mazda6 Efficiency
Despite having a reputation for strong performance and spirited driving, the 2017 Mazda6 still yields respectable fuel economy due to its low curb weight and unique Skyactiv technology. When equipped with the six-speed manual transmission, the ‘17 Mazda6 yields EPA-estimated fuel efficiency of 24 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. Moreover, fuel economy for the sedan grows to 26 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway when using the available six-speed automatic gearbox. Every 2017 Mazda6 comes standard with a 16-gallon fuel tank.
2017 Mazda6 Interior
The interior of the 2017 Mazda6 provides seating for up to five people and comes standard with the Mazda Connect infotainment system. This system features a 7-inch touchscreen and central control dial, which the driver and passenger(s) can use to send text messages, control the standard six-speaker sound system, or stream music via the internet. As for comfort, the entry-level Mazda6 comes standard with air conditioning, cloth seating, and leather-wrapped steering wheel, while the Grand Touring model adds leather-trimmed seats, an 11-speaker Bose sound system, and many other premium luxury items. Also, in terms of cargo capacity, the trunk provides 14.8 cubic feet of available storage space.
2017 Mazda6 Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Mazda6 Sport
- Air conditioning with pollen filter, Power windows with one-touch auto up/down, Power automatic door locks, Cruise control with steering-wheel-mounted controls, Remote keyless entry with “answer back” feature, Remote release for trunk and hood and fuel door, Push-button start, Tilt and telescopic steering column, Two 12-volt power outlets, Rear window defogger, 6-way manual driver’s seat with manual lumbar support and height adjustment, 6-way manual front passenger seat with height adjustment , 60/40 split fold-down rear seatback with remote trunk operation, Cloth-trimmed seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Carpet floor mats, 7-inch full-color touch-screen display, AM/FM/CD/MP3-compatible audio system with 6 speakers, Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio capability, MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System, Auxiliary-audio input jack, USB audio input port
Interior available on the 2017 Mazda6 Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: Dual-zone automatic climate control with pollen filter, Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry, Leatherette-trimmed seats, AM/FM Radio, CD player with changer, Six speakers, Bluetooth® capability for streaming audio
Interior available on the 2017 Mazda6 Grand Touring
- Adds to or replaces features on previous trim: Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink, LED Map Lights front and rear, 8-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support, 6-way power front passenger seat, Heated front seats (3 levels), Leather-trimmed seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters, Bose Centerpoint2 Surround Sound audio system with AudioPilot and 11 speakers, Mazda Navigation System, SiriusXM Satellite radio with 4-month trial subscription
2017 Mazda6 Safety
The Mazda6 received the best possible safety rating of five stars from the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration (NHTSA) and also earned Top Safety Pick+ honors from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Every 2017 Mazda6 comes standard with traction and stability control, a rearview camera, tire-pressure monitoring system, antilock brakes, and multiple airbags. In addition, buyers who go with the top-level Grand Touring model will get even more advanced safety features such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and forward collision warning.
Standard Safety Features
- Advanced front air bags with seat belt-use, passenger-weight and sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and side-impact air curtains
- 3-point safety belts for all seating positions
- Front seat-belt pretensioners with force limiters
- Foldaway brake pedal assembly
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Launch Assist
- Rearview Camera
- Engine-immobilizer antitheft system
- Keyless remote panic button (on key fob)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LATCH child safety seat anchors & upper tethers
- Trunk entrapment release system
- Child safety rear door locks
Speaking of The Mazda6: See how the new 2017 Mazda6 sedan compares to the 2016 version