2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Overview
If you want to go green, but don’t want to spend the big bucks, then the 2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV is the vehicle for you. Mitsubishi’s subcompact all-electric vehicle is the most affordable EV in the industry with a starting MSRP of $22,995. This price gives consumers an eco-friendly car that has a 62-mile range, which makes it perfect for city commuters. The i-MiEV might be small, but it packs a wallop when it comes to style, affordability, and features.
Like What You See? Find out more about last year’s i-MiEV
What’s New for the 2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
There are no changes for the 2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV compared to last year’s model.
The 2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV comes in one trim: ES.
2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Photos:
2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Exterior
When we say the 2017 i-MiEV is tiny, we mean it. It is practically dwarfed by Mitsubishi Mirage, which is the second smallest vehicle in the Mitsubishi lineup. Looking at this five-door hatchback easily brings the words “cute” and “adorable” to mind. Despite its cuteness, there is still a futuristic look to the i-MiEV, which is enhanced by its sculpted body lines and severely curved front end.
2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on the ES:
- 15-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Halogen fog lights with DRL function, Side fender running lights, Rear LED combination tail lights, Roof-mounted radio antenna, Heated outer mirrors
2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Performance
The i-MiEV is powered by a 49-kilowatt electric motor, which is mated to a 16 kWh Lithium Ion drive battery. This electric powertrain is mated with a one-speed transmission to generate 66 horsepower and 145 lb-ft of torque, which is surprisingly high for such a small vehicle.
2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Efficiency
Because of its electric powertrain, the 2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV is incredibly efficient. It has an EPA-estimated MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent) of 121 MPGe city and 102 MPGe highway. This gives it a total combined MPGe of 112. It can drive for about 62 miles before it needs to be recharged.
2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Interior
Inside the 2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV you will find a practical, straight-forward interior. It truly puts the “nonsense” in “no nonsense.” Many of the surfaces are hard plastic, but what it has in low quality materials, it makes up for in space. Despite the i-MiEV’s compact size, it offers enough seating for four adults to fit comfortably. Thanks to an abundance of headroom, it doesn’t feel as if you’re sitting in a clown car when inside the i-MiEV. It truly is perfect for a commuting vehicle, with a variety of technology including a 12-volt power outlet and an audio system that has six speakers.
2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Interior Photos:
Interior available on the ES:
- i-MiEV remote system (pre-activated air conditioning & timer charging), Heated front seats, Battery warming system, 6-way manual adjustable driver’s seat, 50/50 split fold-down and recline rear seats, Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, Carpeted floor mats, Electric air conditioning with pollen filter, Electric cabin heater, Driver and front passenger visor vanity mirrors, Front cup holders
- On-board battery charging system with Level I 120V, Level 2 240V, and Level 3 DC quick charge port, 100-watt AM/FM/CD/MP3-compatible audio system with 6 speakers; 12-volt power outlet
2017 Mitsubishi i-MiEV Safety
This compact EV has a four out of five-star rating for overall safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has yet to test the car.
A full list of standard safety features can be found below.
- Advanced air bag system with dual-stage supplemental front air bags
- Front seat mounted side-impact supplemental airbags
- Roof-mounted curtain supplemental airbags
- Height-adjustable front shoulder-belt anchors
- Remote keyless entry with panic feature
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Tire pressure monitoring feature
- Vehicle security system
- Low battery warning indicator
The Best Warranty in the Industry: Check out the Mitsubishi’s warranty