2017 Nissan Titan Overview
The 2017 Nissan Titan is a light-duty pickup truck that carries a starting MSRP of $34,780. There is only one engine that’s available with the 2017 Titan, but consumers do get to choose between standard rear-wheel drive and the available four-wheel driving system. In addition, the new Nissan Titan can tow up to 9,390 pounds when properly equipped. Competition for this truck includes the Ford F-150, Ram 1500, and Sierra 1500.
What’s New for the 2017 Nissan Titan?
The Nissan Titan was not offered for the 2016 model year. The 2017 Nissan Titan differentiates itself from the 2015 model due to its revised styling both inside and out, as well as underneath the hood where its V8 engine comes with 73 additional horsepower.
2017 Nissan Titan Photos:
2017 Nissan Titan Exterior
The 2017 Nissan Titan features a tough and refined exterior design that comes standard with a lockable tailgate, 18-inch silver metallic steel wheels, and active grille shutters, which can open and close automatically in order to reduce drag and regulate the amount of air that reaches the engine. In addition to those features, the top-level Platinum Reserve model comes with a chrome grille, 20-inch chrome wheels, and chrome exhaust tips. Exterior color options for the 2017 Titan include Cayenne Red, Brilliant Silver, and Magnetic Black.
2017 Nissan Titan Photos:
Exterior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan S
- 18-inch silver metallic styled steel wheels, Full-size spare tire, Front aero spoiler, Black bumpers, Black front grille, Black door handles, Dual manual black outside mirrors, Manual sliding back window, Overhead LED cargo bed lights, Dampened assist tailgate, Fixed cargo bed tie-downs
Exterior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan SV
- 18-inch silver-painted aluminum alloy wheels, P265/70R18 all-season tires, Oil pan skid plates (4WD), Fuel tank skid plates (4WD), Chrome bumpers, Chrome-finished front grille, Chrome door handles, Power heated black outside mirrors with turn signal indicators
Exterior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan Pro-4X
- 18-inch dark finished aluminum alloy wheels, P275/70R18 all-terrain tires, LED signature headlights with Follow Me Home Function, LED Daytime Running Lights, Automatic on/off headlights, Fog lights, Gun Metallic-painted bumpers, Body-color front grille, Black door handles, Outside mirrors with convex spotter mirror, Class IV tow hitch receiver with four-pin/seven-pin wiring harness, Factory-applied spray-on bedliner, Bed-mounted 120-volt AC power outlet
Exterior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan SL
- 20-inch machine-finished aluminum alloy wheels, P275/60R20 all-season tires, Front aero spoiler, Chrome bumpers, Chrome-finished front grille, Chrome door handles, Power heated and folding chrome outside mirrors with turn signal indicators, Outside mirrors with puddle lights, Auto-dimming driver’s side outside mirror, Running boards, Power sliding back window with defroster, Front and Rear Sonar System, Utili-track® Channel System with four tie-down cleats, LED under-rail bed lighting, Tailgate area illumination, Proximity Activation (puddle lights/headlights/cargo lights/bed-mounted lights)
Exterior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
- 20-inch dark chrome-clad aluminum alloy wheels, Two-tone exterior paint, Titanium-painted bumpers, Dark chrome-finished front grille, Dark chrome door handles, Power heated and folding dark chrome outside mirrors with turn signal indicators, Outside mirrors with reverse tilt-down feature, Trailer brake controller, Trailer light check, Dark chrome tailgate finisher with Platinum Reserve badging, Chrome exhaust finisher
2017 Nissan Titan Performance
Every 2017 Nissan Titan comes standard with a gasoline-powered 5.6-liter V8 engine that’s rated at 390 horsepower and 394 lb-ft of torque. That motor comes paired with a seven-speed automatic transmission, which helps the Titan earn its maximum trailering rating of 9,390 pounds. The Cummins diesel engine that’s offered with the Titan XD is not available with the regular Titan pickup truck. However, a new V6 motor will eventually be offered with the Titan. Also, as previously mentioned, the 2017 Titan is available in both 2WD and 4WD.
2017 Nissan Titan Efficiency
Thanks to its lone available engine, every 2017 Nissan Titan yields EPA-estimated fuel economy of 15 mpg in the city and 20 mpg on the highway, regardless of whether it’s front-wheel or all-wheel drive. On the other hand, the FWD version of the 2017 Titan is good for 18 mpg combined, while the AWD variant only yields 17 mpg combined. The new Nissan Titan pickup truck comes standard with a 26 gallon fuel tank.
2017 Nissan Titan Ultimate Interior
The 2017 Nissan Titan has a spacious and refined cabin that comes standard with a six-speaker sound system, Bluetooth connectivity, air-conditioning, cloth seating, and a push-button ignition system. The new Titan also features spacious rear seats that provide more than 38 inches of legroom, while an optional rear DVD entertainment system adds even more extravagance and style. On top of those features, the higher-level Pro-4X model comes with additional luxury equipment, such as dual-zone climate control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and a rearview camera.
2017 Nissan Titan Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan S
- Air conditioning, Power windows, Remote keyless entry with Push Button Ignition, Cruise control with illuminated steering wheel-mounted controls, Power windows with front window one-touch auto up/down, Power door locks, Manual tilt and telescoping steering column, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Sun visors and extension, Two dash-mounted 12-volt DC power outlets, Front and rear map lights, Eight cup holders, Four bottle holders, Overhead center console, Easy Clean® vinyl flooring, 40/20/40-split bench front seat with flip down center seat with armrest, 60/40 split fold-up rear bench seat, Cloth seat trim with stain-resistant bolsters, Column shifter with manual shift mode, Black interior door handles, NissanConnectSM, Hands-free text messaging assistant, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, AM/FM/CD audio system with five-inch color display, Streaming audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology, MP3/WMA CD playback capability, Radio Data System, Auxiliary audio input jack, USB connection port for iPod® interface and other compatible devices, Steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Six speakers
Interior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan SV
- Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges, Interior mood lighting, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extension, Grocery hooks (bottom of rear seat cushion), Carpeted flooring, Stain-resistant cloth seat trim, Chrome interior door handles, Silver metallic interior trim, Advanced Drive-Assist® Display, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription, Trailer Sway Control
Interior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan Pro-4X
- Rear air conditioning vents, Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control, Nissan Intelligent Key® with door handle request switch and Push Button Ignition, Rain sensing wipers, Center console-mounted 12-volt DC power outlet, Lockable rear seat cargo organizer, Front captain’s chairs with center console, Eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, Driver-side power lumbar support, PRO-4X® embroidered front seats with white stitching, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Chrome interior door locks, Chrome interior accents, Contrast stitching on center console cover/armrest/instrument panel, Carpeted floor mats with PRO-4X® logo, NissanConnectSM with Navigation and Mobile Apps including seven-inch touchscreen color monitor, SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link® with three-month trial subscription, Nissan Voice Recognition for audio and navigation, Siri® Eyes Free, RearView Monitor, AM/FM/CD audio system with seven-inch color display, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Interior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan SL
- Remote Engine Start System with Intelligent Climate Control, Power tilt and telescoping steering column, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Four-way power adjustable passenger’s seat, Heated front seats, Memory system for driver’s seat and steering wheel plus outside mirrors, Leather-appointed seats, Wood-tone trim, Premium open-pore wood-tone trim, NissanConnectSM Services powered by SiriusXM®, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, Rockford Fosgate®-powered audio system with seven-inch color display, 12 speakers including center speaker and subwoofer
Interior available on the 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve
- Climate-controlled front seats (heated and cooled), Heated outboard rear seats, Premium leather-appointed seats with Platinum Reserve logo, Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood-tone insert, Dark chrome interior accents, Carpeted floor mats with Platinum Reserve logo, Metallic kickplate finisher with Platinum Reserve logo, Around View® Monitor, Moving Object Detection
2017 Nissan Titan Safety
Each 2017 Titan comes standard with traction and stability control, a tire pressure monitoring system, and antilock brakes. The new Titan is also available with more advanced safety features such as front and rear parking sensors, a 360-degree surround-view camera system, NissanConnect Services, and a blind-spot monitoring system with rear-cross traffic alert. The 2017 Nissan Titan has yet to undergo safety testing for either the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Standard Safety Features
- Nissan Air Bag System with single-stage driver and dual-stage front passenger supplemental airbags with seatbelt classification sensors
- Roof-mounted curtain supplemental airbags for side-impact and rollover head protection for front and rear outboard occupants with rollover sensor
- Driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental airbags
- Vehicle Dynamic Control with Traction Control System
- Active Brake Limited Slip
- Three-point ALR/ELR passenger seatbelt system (ELR for driver)
- Front seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters
- LATCH System (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Zone Body construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Hood buckling creases
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Pipe-style steel side-door guard beams
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Easy-Fill Tire Alert
Need Something Faster? Take a closer look at the new Nissan GT-R sports car