2017 Toyota Sienna Overview
The 2017 Toyota Sienna is a seven- or eight-passenger minivan that continues a long line of excellent family transportation. The Toyota Sienna is built to do it all without compromising even the things you would expect a minivan to do less well, like “be fun to drive” or “be efficient” or even “look more interesting than a fish.” It’s designed to be the end-all be-all vehicle with as few shortcomings as possible, and we must admit that every time Toyota launches a new one, they seem to be getting closer and closer to that goal.
What’s New for the 2017 Toyota Sienna?
For the new model year, the 2017 Toyota Sienna gets a more powerful engine, a new eight-speed automatic transmission, and even more standard equipment.
The 2017 Toyota Sienna is offered in five trim levels: L, LE, SE, XLE, and Limited. Color choices include Silver Sky Metallic, Super White, Midnight Black Metallic, Predawn Gray Mica, Salsa Red Pearl, Crème Brulee Mica, Sky Blue Pearl, Blizzard Pearl, and Shoreline Blue Pearl.
2017 Toyota Sienna Exterior
The 2017 Toyota Sienna builds upon the 2016 model’s reputation of being one of the most stylish, if not the most good-looking, minivan on the market. Its new and unique grille, headlight, and taillight designs are eye candy and the lowered stance on the upper trims even make it look a bit sporty. In any case, it’s not a vehicle that dad will feel ashamed to be driving even if his other ride is a muscle car. There’s a reason this minivan is also known as the “swagger wagon.”
2017 Toyota Sienna Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on L:
- Projector-beam halogen headlights with auto on/off feature and Daytime Running Lights, Black front grille, Black power outside mirrors with integrated blind spot mirrors, Dual sliding side doors, Black Sienna logo liftgate license garnish, 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, Washer-linked variable intermittent windshield wipers, Windshield wiper de-icer, Color-keyed rear spoiler with LED center high-mount stop light and integrated concealed intermittent rear wiper, In-glass AM/FM antenna
Exterior available on LE:
- Color-keyed front grille with chrome surround, Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with integrated blind spot mirrors, Dual power sliding side doors with jam protection, Color-keyed outside door handles, Color-keyed Sienna logo liftgate license garnish, Privacy glass on rear windows, Black roof rails, Rear bumper protector
Exterior available on SE:
- Auto on/off projector-beam halogen headlights with smoked sport trim, LED Daytime Running Lights, Integrated wide-angle fog lights, LED taillights and stop lights with smoked sport trim, Color-keyed front and rear underbody spoilers and side rocker panels, Sport mesh front grille with smoked chrome surround, Dual power sliding side doors and power liftgate with jam protection, Chrome-accented outside door handles, 19-inch six-spoke gunmetal-finish alloy wheels
Exterior available on XLE:
- Bright metallic front grille with chrome surround, Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with blind spot warning indicators and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Dual power sliding side doors and power liftgate with jam protection, Chrome-accented outside door handles with touch-sensor lock/unlock feature, Power tilt/slide moonroof, 17-inch seven-spoke machined alloy wheels, Power rear quarter windows
Exterior available on Limited:
- Projector-beam halogen headlights with auto on/off feature and LED Daytime Running Lights, Metallic front grille with SuperChrome surround, Color-keyed heated power auto-dimming outside mirrors with turn signal and blind spot warning indicators, Puddle light and power-folding reverse tilt-down mirror features, Color-keyed outside door handles, Chrome-accented outside door handles with touch-sensor lock/unlock feature, Chrome-accented Sienna logo liftgate license garnish, Dual moonroof with front power tilt/slide and power rear slide, 18-inch 10-spoke machined alloy wheels, Roof-mounted shark-fin antenna
2017 Toyota Sienna Performance
The 2017 Toyota Sienna is powered by Toyota’s tried-and-true 3.5-liter V6 engine, which has been upgraded to make 296 horsepower and 263 lb-ft of torque. By default, power goes to the front wheels via a new eight-speed automatic transmission, but all-wheel-drive (AWD) is also available for families who live in areas where the winters are particularly harsh. In fact, it’s the only minivan on the market with available AWD. The 2017 Toyota Sienna can also tow up to 3,500 pounds, which is good enough to haul everything the kids need wherever you go, and then some.
2017 Toyota Sienna Efficiency
Toyota has an efficiency reputation to uphold and the 2017 Toyota Sienna isn’t about to spoil it. Thanks to the new eight-speed automatic, the minivan earns an EPA-estimated 19/27/22 mpg city/highway/combined across all trim levels (that’s 1 city mpg and 2 highway mpg up from the 2016 model), which puts it near the very top when compared to the competition.
2017 Toyota Sienna Interior
The 2017 Toyota Sienna offers three rows of seats that can accommodate either eight or seven passengers depending on your chosen configuration. Ever since the refresh it received for the 2015 model year, the Toyota Sienna’s interior boasts a premium, contemporary feel, thanks to the clean design, generous amounts of legroom and headroom, and ample use of soft-touch materials. The controls are extremely user-friendly, the Toyota Entune infotainment system only keeps getting better, and the cargo area never seems to run out of space. For families who need a lot of room to grow and entertainment to keep the kids distracted, the 2017 Toyota Sienna delivers on every front.
2017 Toyota Sienna Interior Photos:
Interior available on L:
- Features: Three-zone automatic climate control with air filter, Integrated backup camera, Fabric-trimmed front seats, Six-way adjustable driver’s seat, Four-way adjustable front passenger seat, Fabric-trimmed 60/40 Split & Stow 3rd Row™ seat with one-motion stow, Tilt/telescopic steering wheel with integrated controls
- Radio and Technology: Entune™ Audio, 6.1-inch touch-screen display, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback capability, Four speakers, Auxiliary audio jack, USB port with iPod connectivity, Advanced voice recognition, Bluetooth® wireless technology, Siri® Eyes Free, Remote keyless entry system, Heavy-duty rear window defogger with timer, Three 12V auxiliary power outlets
Interior available on LE:
- Features: Easy-clean fabric-trimmed front seats with seatback pockets, 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support, Manual second- and third-row sunshades, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink® universal transceiver
- Radio and Technology: Entune™ Audio Plus with Connected Navigation App, 7-inch high-resolution touch-screen display, Six speakers, Connected Navigation Scout® GPS Link App, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 3-month complimentary SiriusXM All Access trial, HD Radio™ Technology, HD Radio™ Traffic and Weather in major metro areas and integrated backup camera display with projected path
Interior available on SE:
- Features: Perforated leather-trimmed and multi-stage heated front seats and seatback pockets, Leatherette-trimmed 60/40 Split & Stow 3rd Row™ seat with one-motion stow, Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel with integrated controls, Sport instrumentation
- Radio and Technology: Same as LE
Interior available on XLE:
- Features: Leather-trimmed and multi-stage heated front seats with seatback pockets, Leatherette-trimmed 60/40 Split & Stow 3rd Row™ seat with one-motion stow, Leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel with integrated controls
- Radio and Technology: Smart Key System on all doors with Push Button Start and remote illuminated entry
Interior available on Limited:
- Features: Premium leather-trimmed and multi-stage heated front seats with seatback pockets, 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with driver memory function and power lumbar support, 4-way power-adjustable front passenger seat, 7-passenger seating with removable premium leather-trimmed second-row lounge seat captain’s chairs with long-slide feature, Heated leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel with integrated controls
- Radio and Technology: Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite, Ten JBL®speakers including subwoofer, AM/FM cache radio, Gracenote® album cover art and integrated backup camera display, Entune® App Suite, Driver Easy Speak, Safety Connect
2017 Toyota Sienna Safety
The 2017 Toyota Sienna comes standard with numerous safety features, like the usual ABS and traction control as well as a full suite of airbags. Blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, front and rear parking sensors, and a forward collision warning system are all available depending on the trim level. For the 2016 model year, the Toyota Sienna received the highest five-star score for overall safety in government testing and the highest possible score of “Good” in all of the IIHS’s crashworthiness evaluations, save for an “Acceptable” rating in the small overlap front crash test. There’s no reason to believe the 2017 model won’t do just as well, or better.
Standard Safety Features
- Star Safety System™ — includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology® (SST).
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system
- Driver front airbag and front passenger Advanced Airbag System
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag, front passenger seat-cushion airbag and all-row side curtain airbags
- Driver and front passenger active headrests
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions; driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractors (ALR/ELR) on all passenger seatbelts
- Adjustable seatbelt anchors on front and outboard second-row seats and driver and front passenger seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters
- Four LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) locations: includes lower anchors on outboard second-row seats, and passenger-side and center third-row seats
- Child-protector rear door locks
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- Daytime Running Lights (DRL) with on/off feature
- ToyotaCare featuring a no cost maintenance plan with roadside assistance
Tim Shults likes to play golf and spend time with his four daughters.