2017 Volvo XC60 Overview
The 2017 Volvo XC60 has seen a couple updates that will make things simpler for drivers and will keep the vehicle competitive in the compact SUV segment. Rather than the confusing 12 trim options that were previously listed, the XC60 is now presented in just three trim levels: Dynamic, Inscription, and R-Design.
Keep It Lasting Longer: How to take care of your car with basic maintenance
What’s New for the 2017 Volvo XC60?
For the 2017 model year, the XC60 trim levels are simplified, making it easier for drivers to choose the best option for them. All trim levels also have the availability to add all-wheel drive, which was not previously offered on the XC60. Additionally, the previous 2.5-liter five-cylinder engine has been replaced by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine.
2017 Volvo XC60 Photos:
2017 Volvo XC60 Exterior
The exterior of the 2017 XC60 features a smart and sleek design, with LED headlights and an aerodynamic outline. The bold grille introduces other drivers to the compact SUV, as you cruise down the road on 18 or 20-inch wheels. The highest R-Design trim offers adaptive xenon headlights as well as a sport-tuned suspension.
2017 Volvo XC60 Exterior Photos:
Exterior available on Dynamic:
- 18-inch black alloy wheels, LED Daytime Running Lights, Heated mirrors, Roof rails, Dual panoramic sunroof, Automatic windshield wipers, Dual integrated tailpipes, Chrome strip tailgate, Chrome window decor, Front spoiler
Exterior available on Inscription:
- Adds to or replaces features on Dynamic: 20-inch wheels, Power-folding auto-dimming exterior mirrors
Exterior available on R-Design:
- Adds to or replaces features on Inscription: Adaptive Xenon headlights, Sport-tuned suspension, Power-folding mirrors, Automatic high beams, Headlight washers
2017 Volvo XC60 Performance
With the standard turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission, the two lower trims of the 2017 XC60 (Dynamic and Inscription) boast 240 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. The highest R-Design can reach 302 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque, thanks to its supercharged engine.
2017 Volvo XC60 Efficiency
The estimated fuel economy for the Dynamic and Inscription trims is 23/30 mpg city/highway. Up at the R-Design trim the fuel economy sits at 20/27 mpg city/highway.
2017 Volvo XC60 Interior
Quality and comfort sit inside the 2017 XC60. Leather seating with a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob provide ultimate luxury. The state-of-the-art infotainment system features Bluetooth® streaming phone and audio, eight speakers, HD radio, USB ports, and Volvo’s Sensus Connect system with navigation and mobile apps.
2017 Volvo XC60 Interior Photos:
Interior available on Dynamic:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Leather upholstery, Eight-way power adjustable front sport seats with driver memory functions, 40/20/40-split folding rear seats, Aluminum interior trim, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped shifter
Interior available on Inscription:
- Adds to or replaces features on Dynamic: Front comfort seats, Interior ambient lighting, Wood interior trim, Power-folding rear headrests
Interior available on R-Design:
- Adds to or replaces features on Inscription: R-Design Sill Plates, Steering-wheel shift paddles, Sport pedals
2017 Volvo XC60 Safety
The XC60 has been named a Top Safety Pick+ by the IIHS every year since 2013 and this year’s model received the award too. Preventative and protective safety features make the 2017 XC60 the vehicle that will keep you and your family safe on every drive.
Standard Safety Features:
- Antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Stability control
- Whiplash protection
- Volvo On Call emergency telematics
- Volvo’s City Safety system
- Home Safe Lighting
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Rear Park Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System