2018 Audi R8 Spyder Overview
With its growling V10 engine, the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder a sports car that’s tough to beat. Public figures across all mediums have been behind the wheel of this one – from Alfie Deyes to Kevin Pearson on This Is Us. Its powertrain earns it a 0-to-60 time of just 3.5 seconds, while a stylish and comfortable interior make your summer weekend trips even more relaxing.
Model Showroom: Take home your own 2018 Audi R8
What’s New for the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder?
For the most part, the Audi R8 Spyder remains the same for the 2018 model year. In 2017, the Audi R8 Spyder received upgraded V10 performance, an electrohydraulic drive system for its soft-top roof, and a lightweight design. Its roaring engine turns heads around every corner, boasting 532 horsepower at its max.
The 2018 Audi R8 Spyder is available in two trims: V10 and V10 plus.
2018 Audi R8 Spyder Photos:
2018 Audi R8 Spyder Exterior
With distinct character lines and deep side contouring, a signature honeycomb grille, and its arched back, the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder is hard to miss. The R8 Spyder comes with a soft-top roof that can fold or unfold at speeds up to 31 mph. The honeycomb-style grille is a classic on the Audi R8, giving it a distinguishable face. With the Black optic package, you can add a bit of depth to the Audi R8 Spyder’s exterior design. The package comes with 20-inch 10-spoke high-gloss black wheels, gloss black exhaust tips, black windshield surround, and titanium black exterior trim.
The 2018 Audi R8 Spyder is available in 10 exterior colors: Ibis White, Dynamite Red, Vegas Yellow, Florett Silver, Suzuka Gray, Mythos Black, Camouflage Green, Tango Red, Daytona Gray, and Ara Blue.
2018 Audi R8 Spyder Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder V10
- Ice Silver Audi side blades; Full LED headlights with Audi laser light technology; Anthracite Black matte front lip spoiler; Singleframe grille with 3D honeycomb design and Anthracite Gray matte finish; Anthracite Black gloss front fascia air inlets; 19-inch double-spoke design cast aluminum-alloy wheels; High-beam assist; Body-color exterior mirror housings with LED turn signal integration; Integrated twin-trapezoidal exhaust outlets; Automatic headlights; LED taillights with dynamic turn signals; Power-adjustable, power-folding, auto-dimming, heated exterior side mirrors; Rear fog lights
Exterior features available on the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder V10 plus
-Adds to or replaces features on V10-
- Carbon fiber exterior side mirror housings, Sport exhaust with Black tips with manual control through steering wheel-mounted satellite button, Carbon fiber front lip spoiler and rear diffuser, Carbon fiber side sill extension and rear lip spoiler, Carbon fiber engine compartment, Carbon Sigma sideblades
2018 Audi R8 Spyder Performance
Performance is where the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder truly shines. Under its hood is a standard 5.2-liter FSI V10 engine, paired to a seven-speed S-tronic dual-clutch automatic transmission with quattro all-wheel drive. This powertrain’s output is rated at 540 horsepower and 398 lb-ft of torque. The V10 plus upgrades its engine to put out 602 horsepower and 413 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Audi R8 Spyder Efficiency
The Audi R8 Spyder’s biggest weakness is probably efficiency. Since it’s a performance-focused car, the R8 Spyder is designed to perform well on the track with a smaller focus on fuel economy. With its standard engine, the R8 Spyder earns an estimated 14 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. If you decide to go for the V10 plus’ 602-horsepower engine, you’ll lose even more efficiency, dropping to a rating of 14 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.
2018 Audi R8 Spyder Interior
Inside the cabin, the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder is truly built like a sports car. Fine Nappa leather heated seats come standard across both trim levels, with a three-spoke, multi-function, flat-bottom, leather-wrapped sport steering wheel with shift paddles and an R8 badge to go along with them. The V10 plus adds racing shell seats with power height adjustment for an added on-the-track feel.
The 2018 Audi R8 Spyder is available in four interior colors: Black, Rotor Gray, Vermont Brown, and Express Red. You can also choose between four contrast stitching colors: Macaw Blue, Express Red, Vegas Yellow, and Silver.
2018 Audi R8 Spyder Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder V10
- Interior: Three-spoke, multi-function, flat-bottom, leather-wrapped sport steering wheel with shift paddles and R8 badge; Anthracite inlays; Tilt and telescopic manually adjustable steering column; Auto-dimming interior rear view mirror with digital compass; Floor mats; Monoposto cockpit design; Stainless steel pedals; Illuminated door sills; Automatic climate control; 18-way power sport seats; Acoustic folding roof, Fine Nappa leather seats, Heated seats
- Radio and Technology: MMI touch with handwriting-recognition technology; MMI Navigation plus; Customizable 12.3-inch Audi virtual cockpit instrument display; Audi advanced key (keyless start, stop, and entry); Bluetooth wireless technology preparation for compatible mobile phones; Audi music interface with two USB ports; HD Radio technology; Bluetooth streaming audio for compatible devices; SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 90-day trial subscription; Bang & Olufsen Sound System with 13 active speakers, subwoofer, and 550 watts; INRIX XD Traffic; Complimentary six-month trial of Audi connect and Wi-Fi hotspot for passengers
Interior features available on the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder V10 plus
-Adds to or replaces features on V10-
- Interior: Racing shell seats with power height adjustment and manual fore/aft adjustment, Extended Leather package for center console and door armrests, High-gloss Carbon Sigma inlays
- Radio and Technology: MMI Navigation plus with voice control system, Audi connect with six-month trial subscription, Audi sound system with five speakers and 140 watts, Embedded safety belt microphones for voice control and Bluetooth hands-free clarity, Online traffic information, Cruise control with coast resume and accelerate features, HomeLink garage door opener, Parking system plus, Auto drive select with Performance mode
2018 Audi R8 Spyder Safety
In order to keep you as safe as possible behind the wheel, the Audi R8 Spyder employs several active and passive safety features. To help prevent an accident, the R8 Spyder comes with Parking System Plus with a rear view camera and front and rear acoustic sensors. If you do end up in an accident, the R8 Spyder is designed with a full suite of airbags, including a driver single-stage airbag, a passenger dual-stage airbag, knee airbags, and front head and thorax side airbags.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
- Active rollover protection system
- Electromechanical parking brake
- Driver single stage airbag and front passenger dual-stage airbag
- Direct tire pressure monitoring system (with telemetry for tire pressure and temperature)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution (EBD) and brake assist
- Parking system plus with rear view camera (front and rear acoustic sensors)
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with secondary collision brake assist and traction control (ASR)
- Front head/throax side airbags
- Anti-theft alarm with immobilizer
Regular Maintenance: 3 signs your car needs new brakes