2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Overview
With the introduction of the Cadillac CT6, Cadillac set out to establish a flagship sedan that embodied the qualities of the luxury brand. One quality that the CT6 was somewhat lacking in, however, was efficiency.
To correct this, Cadillac next introduced the Plug-In version of the CT6. Today, the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In continues to provide drivers with the luxury and performance of the CT6, but with added efficiency as well.
Preparing a Flagship Sedan for the Future: What’s new for the 2018 Cadillac CT6?
What’s New for the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In?
The major changes for the Cadillac CT6 Plug-In during the 2018 model year include an updated Cadillac User Experience (CUE) interface and the addition of a Cocoa Bronze Metallic exterior color scheme.
The 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In is available in a single trim level with rear-wheel drive (RWD).
2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Exterior
The 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In looks nearly identical to the non-electric CT6 model. As such, it borrows many of the design cues and features from its CT6 cousin, including an UltraView® panoramic power sunroof and glass acoustic laminated doors.
Some of the 2018 CT6 Plug-In’s exterior features are designed for practical purposes as well. Advanced LED headlamps and IntelliBeam® technology illuminate the path ahead in even the darkest of environments.
2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In:
- Pedestrian Friendly Alert, Locking fuel door, Outside heated power-adjustable power-folding auto-dimming body-color mirrors, Driver Assist Package, Concierge lighting, Enhanced Vision and Comfort Package, Rear camera mirror washer, Rear seat infotainment package, Rainsense wipers, Power decklid, Capless fueling system, IntelliBeam®, UltraView® panoramic power sunroof, Glass acoustic laminated front doors, Wheel locks, LED headlamps, Illuminated door handles, Tire inflator kit, Rear LED tail lamps, Front cornering lamps, 18-inch Ultra-Bright multi-spoke machined wheels with Sterling Silver painted finish, 18-inch all-season tires
2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Performance
The 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In’s standard 2.0-liter I-4 turbo direct injection engine produces 265 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. When paired with the 18.4-kWh Lithium-ion propulsion battery, the model’s powertrain has a combined output of 335 horsepower and 432 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Efficiency
Due to the electric-based nature of the model, the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In is able to achieve a fuel economy rating of 62 MPGe. Furthermore, it can run solely on electric power for a total of 31 miles.
Using its hybrid system, the Cadillac CT6 Plug-In can reach an extended range of 430 miles. Nevertheless, that extended range comes at a cost to efficiency, which lowers to a score of 25 mpg combined.
2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Interior
The advanced nature of the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In is present throughout its cabin. Passengers can enjoy a Bose® 10-speaker surround sound audio system and count on a OnStar® 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot for connectivity.
The cabin of the Cadillac CT6 Plug-In is similarly a place for comfort. Both the front and rear seats are heated, while the driver can indulge in the feeling of the premier leather-wrapped steering wheel while cruising down the road.
2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In:
- Comfort and Seating: Memory seats for driver and front passenger, Rear side-window manual sunshades, Heated rear seats, 16-way adjustable front bucket seats, Smoker’s Package, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Illuminated sill plates, Heated front seats, Power-adjustable steering column with tilt and telescoping functions, Head-Up Display, Premium carpeted floor mats, Dual-zone automatic climate control, Power-programmable door locks with lockout protection, Ventilated seats, Rear-window power sunshade
- Technology: Driver Awareness and Convenience Package, Driver Assist Package, Cadillac user experience® with embedded navigation, Power outlets, Remote start, Rear Seat Infotainment Package, 12-inch color gauge cluster, Keyless access, Theft-deterrent system, OnStar® 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi® hotspot, Two auxiliary power outlets, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Power outlet, Bose® 10-speaker surround sound audio system, Bluetooth®, Inclination sensor, Enhanced Vision and Comfort Package, Wireless charging, Vehicle interior movement sensor, Universal home remote
2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In Safety
The 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In comes equipped with a safety suite that is arguably as advanced as its electric powertrain. Features like Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Alert come standard, supplying drivers with one of the safest collections of technology available throughout the modern automotive market.
Other standard safety features for the 2018 Cadillac CT6 Plug-In include:
- Following distance indicator
- OnStar® Guidance Plan for one year
- Safety alert seat
- LATCH system
- Daytime running lamps
- Automatic safety belt tightening
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- Night Vision
- Surround Vision
- Teen Driver
- Rear vision camera
- Air bag system
- Forward and reverse automatic braking
- Three-point safety belts
- Pedestrian Friendly Alert
- OnStar® Basic Plan for five years
- Front pedestrian braking
- Passenger sensing system
- Automatic Parking Assist with braking
2018 Model Year Updates: Updates and changes to 2018 Cadillac models