2018 Chevrolet Cruze Overview
With Chevrolet being one of the biggest names in the automotive industry, it should come as no surprise that one of the most popular compact cars in the industry is the Chevrolet Cruze. The recent addition of a Hatchback model for the Cruze has only increased its popularity.
For 2018, Chevrolet is further expanding the Cruze lineup of vehicles with the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze. The introduction of a diesel engine option, designed to improve upon the Cruze’s already impressive fuel economy, will undoubtedly attract more drivers to the Chevy Cruze than ever before.
What’s New for the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze?
The most important addition to the Chevy Cruze lineup for 2018 is the introduction of the 1.6-liter ECOTEC® DOHC turbo diesel four-cylinder engine, which helps improve the Cruze’s fuel economy by a large amount. Chevy also added a new color to the model’s palette: Satin Steel Gray Metallic.
The 2018 Chevrolet Cruze sedan comes offered in five trims: L, LS, LT, Premier, and Diesel. The LT, Premier, and Diesel models are also offered in a hatchback body style.
Additional 2018 Chevrolet Cruze Photos:
2018 Chevrolet Cruze Exterior
The addition of the hatchback model for the Chevrolet Cruze last year has brought an all-new segment of drivers to Chevy dealer lots for the Cruze. Of course, the new body style isn’t the only thing adding to the model’s exterior appeal.
The Cruze possesses Halogen twin reflectors with an automatic on/off feature to make driving at night a little bit easier.
2018 Chevrolet Cruze Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze L:
- Halogen twin reflectors with automatic on/off feature, 15-inch steel wheels with bolt-on covers, 195/65R15 all-season blackwall tires
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze LT:
- Fog lamps, LED Daytime Running Lamps, Rear spoiler, 16-inch aluminum wheels, Compact spare tire, Rear spoiler (standard with manual transmission)
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze Premier:
- 17-inch aluminum wheels, 225/45R17 all-season blackwall tires
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
- 18-inch machined-face aluminum wheels
2018 Chevrolet Cruze Performance
The Chevrolet Cruze’s lineup of powertrains has grown far more diverse for the 2018 model year. Drivers can choose between the standard 1.4-liter ECOTEC® DOHC turbocharged four-cylinder engine, which delivers 153 horsepower, or the new 1.6-liter ECOTEC® DOHC turbo diesel four-cylinder engine, which sacrifices only a small amount of horsepower for added fuel efficiency.
2018 Chevrolet Cruze Efficiency
The 2018 Chevrolet Cruze is one of the most efficient vehicles in the compact class, with a standard 28/39/32 MPG City/Highway/Combined. However, the addition of the new 1.6-liter ECOTEC® DOHC turbo diesel engine only helps the Cruze achieve even more amazing efficiency ratings.
When equipped with the new powertrain, the Cruze sedan is able to achieve 30/52/37 MPG City/Highway/Combined. This places it well past competitors in terms of efficiency.
2018 Chevrolet Cruze Interior
When it comes to the compact car segment, the Chevrolet Cruze has always been known to be a heavyweight in terms of technology. The 2018 iteration of the Cruze continues this tradition.
Features like a four-speaker sound system come standard. Of course, upgrading to higher trims will provide drivers with features like a rear vision camera and remote start.
2018 Chevrolet Cruze Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze L:
- Comfort and Seating: Tire inflator kit, Air conditioning, Overhead courtesy lamp, Roof-rear courtesy lighting, Lighting in trunk/cargo area, Cloth seat trim, Six-way manual-adjustable driver seat, Front bucket seats, Two-way manual-adjustable front passenger seat, Center console, Driver and front passenger mirror-covered visors, One-touch driver and front passenger Express-Down power windows
- Technology: Four-speaker sound system
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze LS:
- Comfort and Seating: Front and rear carpeted floor mats, Center console with sliding armrest (manual transmission), Center console (automatic transmission)
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze LT:
- Comfort and Seating: Overhead courtesy lamp and dual reading lamps, Steering wheel controls, Cloth seat trim, Six-way manual-adjustable driver seat, Center console with sliding armrest, Two-way manual-adjustable front passenger seat
- Technology: Six-speaker sound system, Cruise control, Rear Vision Camera, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze Premier:
- Comfort and Seating: Ambient lighting; Eight-way power-adjustable driver seat; Heated driver and front passenger seats; Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel; Illuminated visor vanity mirror
- Technology: Keyless Open, Keyless Start, Remote Start
2018 Chevrolet Cruze Safety
The 2018 Chevrolet Cruze comes standard with all of the expected safety features, like 10 air bags and a Tire Pressure Monitoring System. However, Chevrolet goes a step further by adding features like Teen Driver to the latest Cruze model.
Some of the standard safety features for the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze include:
- Teen Driver
- StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system
- Rear Vision Camera
- 10 air bags
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- OnStar® Basic Plan for five years
- OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics
- OnStar Hands Free Calling