2018 Chrysler Pacifica Overview
When the Chrysler Pacifica minivan was first introduced to the automotive market last year, it instantly became a smash hit for the Chrysler brand. That hasn’t changed for the 2018 model year, as the Pacifica remains one of the most popular models in the minivan segment.
For its sophomore outing, the Chrysler Pacifica is introducing some new trims and features to its lineup. Nevertheless, all the attributes minivan motorists adored in the previous Pacifica are carried over to 2018 Chrysler Pacifica model.
Awards For Efficiency: Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid awards say it’s the best hybrid vehicle to buy
What’s New for the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica?
For the 2018 model year, Chrysler has introduced a new entry-level trim for the Pacifica: the Chrysler Pacifica L. Furthermore, the whole Pacifica lineup receives new technology features, like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto interfaces.
The 2018 Chrysler Pacifica is available in six separate trim levels: the L, LX, Touring Plus, Touring L, Touring L Plus, and Limited.
Additional 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Photos:
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Exterior
Designed to be a versatile family-hauler, the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica is unsurprisingly equipped with plenty of practical exterior features. For example, exterior heated mirrors come standard, as do sliding doors for both the driver and passenger sides.
Some of the Pacifica’s more premium trim levels take the vehicle’s practicality to the next level. Pacifica customers can always opt for a hands-free power liftgate or a tri-pane panoramic sunroof.
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica L:
- 17-inch x 7.5-inch steel wheels, Exterior mirrors with heating element, Body color power mirrors, Black door handles, Sliding passenger-side door with glass, Sliding driver-side door with fixed glass, Halogen headlamps, Incandescent stop tail lights, Front molded-in color lower grille, Black grille, “Pacifica” badge, Body-color sill appliqué, Bright day light opening moldings, Capless fuel filler, Grille with “Chrysler Wing” badge, High beam daytime running headlamps
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica LX:
- 17-inch x 7-inch five-spoke aluminum wheels, Front and rear LED lamps, Front courtesy lamps, Active grille shutters
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Plus:
- Body-color power mirrors, Bright door handles, Power liftgate, Power sliding doors, Automatic headlamps, Halogen quad headlamps, LED tail lamps, Liftgate flood lamp, Premium fog lamps, Front painted lower grille, Premium fascia with bright surround, Premium rear fascia, Rear molded-in-color fascia, Black upper grille, Chrome accent fog lamp bezels, 17-inch x 7-inch 10-spoke aluminum wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L:
- Chrome Stow ‘n Place roof rack
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited:
- 18-inch x 7.5-inch aluminum polished wheels; Auto-adjust in reverse exterior mirrors; Chrome/body color power mirrors; Driver’s side auto-dimming exterior mirror; Power folding exterior mirrors with memory, turn signals, and courtesy lamps; Hands-free power liftgate; Hands-free power sliding doors; Footwell courtesy lamp; High intensity discharge headlamps; LED fog lamps; LED tail lamps; “Limited” badge; Tri-pane panoramic sunroof
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Performance
Each Chrysler Pacifica model comes equipped with a 3.6-liter V6 24-valve VVT engine. This aforementioned engine generates 287 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque for the Pacifica minivan model.
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Efficiency
The standard Chrysler Pacifica model achieves a fuel economy score of 18/28/22 MPG City/Highway/Combined. If drivers want more efficiency than that, they will have to opt for the Pacifica’s hybrid model, which delivers a combined fuel economy score of 84 MPGe.
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Interior
The 2018 Chrysler Pacifica comes packaged with a cabin that is full of features for both entertainment and comfort. For the 2018 model year, Chrysler has added Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility to the Chrysler Pacifica.
Meanwhile, systems like FCA’s Uconnect® 4 system, complete with a 7-inch display, come standard with every Pacifica model. Premium available features, like the Stow ‘n Vac integrated vacuum system, are sure to be hits with families on the go.
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica L:
- Comfort and Seating: Switchable map/dome reading lamps, Cloth bucket seats, Deluxe bench seats with rear stow 60/40, First-row soft seatback, Front passenger seat, Manual six-way driver seat, Occupant Classification System, Third-row fold-in-floor 60/40 bench, Floor console, Floor tray, Lower instrument panel storage bin, Power windows with driver’s one-touch-down feature, Second-row power windows, Urethane steering wheel, Liquid titanium instrument panel bezel, Floor and cargo area carpets, Locking glove box
- Technology: 3.5-inch monochrome TFT display, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, 7-inch touchscreen display, Apple CarPlay® compatibility, GPS antenna input, Integrated voice command with Bluetooth®, USB host flip, USB media hub, Six-speakers, Uconnect® 4 with 7-inch display
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica LX:
- Comfort and Seating: Cargo compartment lamp, Overhead ambient surround lighting, Second-row and third-row Stow ‘n Go seats, Driver seat Stow ‘n Assist, Power four-way driver lumbar adjust, Power eight-way driver seat, Easy clean floor mats, Rear easy clean floor mats, Interior observation mirror, Steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Technology: Auxiliary date input, Google Android AutoTM compatibility
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Plus:
- Comfort and Seating: Glove box lamp, Interior door handle LED lamps, Rear reading courtesy lamps, Full length upgraded floor console, Second-row in-floor storage bins, Second row window shades, Three-zone automatic temperature control
- Technology: Universal garage door opener, Remote USB port (charge-only), SiriusXM® satellite radio with one-year radio subscription
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L:
- Comfort and Seating: Perforated leather trim bucket seats, Heated front seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Rear grocery bag hooks
- Technology: Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection, ParkSense® Rear Park Assist with Stop, Remote start system
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus:
- Comfort and Seating: Rear ambient lighting, Heated second-row seats, Power eight-way passenger seat, Power passenger lumbar adjust, Super console, Premium instrument panel, Cup holders with overhead illumination, Deluxe insulation group, Heated steering wheel
- Technology: 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, Three-channel video remote control, Three-channel wireless headphones, 8.4-inch touchscreen display, Blu-ray/DVD player, Disassociated touchscreen display, HD radio™, High definition multimedia interface, Seatback video screens, Third-row USB charge port, USB video port, 13 Alpine® speakers, 506-watt amplifier, Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited:
- Comfort and Seating: Illuminated map pocket and puddle lamp, Interior door handle LED lamps, Premium nappa leather-trimmed bucket seats, Driver seat memory, Passenger seat Stow ‘n Assist, Power folding third-row seat, Third-row remote headrest dumping, Ventilated front seats, Power open/close shade, Instrument panel premium bezel, Luxury steering wheel, Soft touch instrument panel, Accent stitch, Stow ‘n Vac integrated vacuum
- Technology: One-year SiriusXM® Guardian Service, Five-year SiriusXM® Traffic™ Service, Five-year Sirius XM® Travel Link Service, SiriusXM® Traffic Plus, SiriusXM® Travel Link five-year travel link sub, Second-row USB charge ports, GPS navigation, LED signature daytime running headlamps
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Safety
As the Pacifica is first and foremost a family vehicle, it only makes sense that the minivan come equipped with an advanced suite of safety features and technologies. The ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera helps drivers navigate through tricky parking lot environments, while the Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System helps deter any vehicular vandals.
Standard safety features for the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica include:
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill Start Assist
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- Advanced multistage front airbags
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags
- Supplemental side-curtain airbags in all rows
- LATCH Ready Child Seat Anchor System
- Driver and passenger inflatable knee-bolster airbags
- Driver door remote proximity
- Keyless Enter-N-Go™
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
The Future of Chrysler’s Lineup: New Chrysler crossover coming sooner than thought