2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Overview
The Corvette has made a name for itself in the world of luxury sports cars, and for good reason. The 2018 model marks 65 years of production for the Corvette. To celebrate, Chevrolet is introducing the Carbon 65 Edition of the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
New Chevrolet Corvette: Check Availability
What’s new for the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray?
In order to celebrate the Corvette’s 65th birthday, the Carbon 65 Edition will sport five new wheel options on the new standard 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels. The Spice Red interior is now offered on the 3LT trim, in addition to new red and yellow interior color stitching packages. For added luxury, the 3LT comes standard with a custom leather-wrapped interior package. Some technological advancements were made including an enhanced available Head-Up Display, improved standard rear view camera, and standard SiriusXM® Satellite Radio.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Photos:
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Exterior
On the exterior, the Stingray is as sleek and sophisticated as ever. The 2018 model is offered in three trims: 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT. The vehicle’s lightweight aluminum frame, carbon-nano composite underbody panels, and carbon fiber hood and removable roof panel allow the vehicle optimum weight balance and performance. The new standard 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels are a step up from last year‘s model. The Carbon 65 Edition is available in the Coupe with a removable roof panel or the Convertible, depending on your personal preference.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Photos:
Exterior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 1LT
- Available Carbon Flash Badge Package; Available Stingray® Exterior Appearance Package, Coupe, Genuine Corvette® Accessories; 19” front/20” rear, 5-split spoke, Black-painted aluminum, Z51-style wheels with summer-only tires; Available visible carbon fiber weave hood insert; Body-color carbon-fiber roof panel; High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps; Chrome Badge Package; Available front license plate bracket; Available transparent roof panel; Solar-Ray® light-tinted glass; Front wipers; Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors, body-color
Exterior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 1LT: Available visible carbon-fiber roof panel with body-color surround; Outside heated power adjustable mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming body-color; Available Body-Color Dual Roof Package; Available Carbon Fiber Dual Roof Package
Exterior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 3LT
- Comes with the same exterior features as the 2LT
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Performance
The Corvette is best known for its impeccable performance. With a 6.2-liter V8 engine with 455 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque, the 2018 Corvette Stingray packs a punch. Depending on what you are looking for, the Stingray has seven-speed manual and eight-speed paddle shaft automatic transmissions available. With that type of power, the 2018 model is destined to impress.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Efficiency
With the standard V8 engine, GM estimates the vehicle can yield up to 15/26 MPG City/Highway with the automatic transmission.* With the manual transmission, the vehicle is estimated at 16/25 MPG City/Highway.* The 2018 Corvette Stingray comes standard with a 18.5 gallon fuel capacity.
*Estimated fuel economy. Actual mileage may vary.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Interior
While its exterior is dressed to impress, the 2018 Corvette Stingray’s interior holds its own. In addition to multiple interior trim options, the new model comes standard with several technology features including Bose speaker systems, OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot, and more. The 2018 Stingray is equipped for comfort and style, making it a well-rounded option.
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Interior Photos:
Interior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 1LT
- Power windows; Hatch release; Oil-life monitoring system; Front carpeted floor mats; Available personalized plaque; Power tilt and telescopic steering column; Power door locks; Air filtration system; Dual-zone automatic climate control; Rear window defogger; Illuminated visor vanity mirrors; Available sueded microfiber-wrapped steering wheel; Available Competition Sport bucket seats; Interior lighting; Front console; Available red safety belt; 8-way power-adjustable driver and passenger seats; Steering wheel controls; GT bucket seats
Interior available on the 2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 1LT: Power-adjustable side bolster and lumbar seat controls for driver and passenger; Available two-tone seats; Cargo net; Available carbon fiber instrument panel trim; Heated and ventilated driver and front passenger seats; Inside rear view auto-dimming mirror; Removable luggage shade
Interior available on the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 3LT
- Adds to or replaces features on 2LT: Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package; Sueded Microfiber-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package; Available yellow or red custom leather stitching
2018 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Safety
The 2018 Corvette Stingray comes standard with four airbags with side-impact protection as well as Active Handling with Electronic Stability Control, helping you maintain control of the vehicle at higher speeds. In addition, the vehicle comes standard with safety belt pretensioners, helping secure the driver and passengers in the event of a collision.
Standard Safety Features:
- OnStar® Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service
- Four standard air bags, including side-impact air bags
- Electronic traction control
- OnStar Basic Plan for 5 years
- Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel ABS
- Rear-vision camera
- Safety belt pretensioners
- Active Handling with electronic stability control
- Tire pressure monitoring with run-flat tires
Safety Check: Signs You Need New Brakes