2018 Ford Expedition Overview
The Ford Expedition is a well-known nameplate in the three-row SUV segment. With its 9,300-pound towing capacity and seating for up to eight passengers, it’s no wonder so many families love it.
Summer Vacation: How to stay organized on a road trip
What’s New for the 2018 Ford Expedition?
All-new for 2018, the Ford Expedition arrives in showrooms with a handful of changes. From its core, the Expedition is getting stronger with an all-new high-strength, aluminum-alloy body. Its frame has been completely redesigned with high-strength steel to improve its towing and hauling capabilities. The 2018 Ford Expedition also adds a variety of new tech features, including driver-assist options like Pro Trailer Backup Assist.
2018 Ford Expedition Photos:
2018 Ford Expedition Exterior
Aggressive, rugged, and strong, the 2018 Ford Expedition has an exterior fit for its powerful capabilities. The base Expedition comes with a Bright Chrome grille, and as you move up the trim ladder, you’ll find additional chrome accents across the entire exterior. The 2018 Expedition offers convenience features across its three trims, including a hands-free foot-activated liftgate, heated side mirrors, and LED exterior lighting.
The 2018 Ford Expedition is available in nine exterior colors: Blue, Stone Gray, White Gold, Magnetic, Ruby Red, White Platinum, Shadow Black, Ingot Silver, and Oxford White.
2018 Ford Expedition Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Expedition XLT
- Bright Chrome grille with magnetic-painted accents, Black power-adjustable heated mirrors with security approach lamps and integrated blind-spot mirrors, Body-color bumpers, 18-inch machined-face aluminum wheels with magnetic-painted pockets, Halogen fog lamps, Quad-beam reflector headlamps, Manual liftgate with liftglass, Windshield wiper de-icer, Underbody-mounted full-size spare tire, Single exhaust, Body-color door handles, Black roof rack side rails and running boards, Incandescent tail lamps, Configurable Daytime Running Lamps, Rear window defroster and washer, Intermittent front and rear wipers, P275/65R18 all-season tires
Exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Expedition Limited
-Adds to or replaces features on XLT-
- P275/55R20 all-season tires; LED tail lamps; Bright Chrome grille with Silver Lining-painted accents; 20-inch Ultra Bright machined aluminum wheels with Tarnished Dark-painted pockets; Halogen projector-beam headlamps; Bright Stainless roof rack side rails; Hands-free foot-activated liftgate; Body-color door handles with chrome insert; Power-deployable magnetic-painted running boards with Polished Stainless accent; Power-folding body-color side mirrors with auto-fold, memory, heated glass, turn signal indicators, security approach lamps, and driver’s side auto-dimming
Exterior features available on the 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum
-Adds to or replaces features on Limited-
- Rain-sensing front wipers, Auto high-beam LED headlamps, Satin Chrome door handles, P285/45R22 all-season tires, Power-deployable body-color running boards with Polished Stainless accent, Satin Aluminum roof rack side rails, 22-inch Polished Aluminum wheels, Satin Aluminum grille with Bright Chrome inner accents, Roof rail crossbars, Panoramic Vista Roof, Satin Aluminum mirror caps, LED fog lamps
2018 Ford Expedition Performance
Built for passengers and towing alike, the 2018 Ford Expedition has quite the powertrain. Across all trim levels, the Expedition comes with a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine and a 10-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. Combined, they produce 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque. The Expedition can tow up to 9,300 pounds.
2018 Ford Expedition Efficiency
While it’s not the most efficient SUV on the market, the Ford Expedition holds its own as a three-row SUV. On the road, the 2018 Expedition earns an estimated 17 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
2018 Ford Expedition Interior
Truly spacious, the Ford Expedition offers seating for up to eight passengers with best-in-class second- and third-row legroom. You can adjust the cabin’s seating to fit your needs, whether you want to fold down the third row flat to the floor or slide the second-row seats forward. The cabin also comes with some great music features, including a standard nine-speaker audio system and wireless charging. For an even more music-focused cabin, you can upgrade to the 12-speaker B&O Play Premium Audio System by HARMAN on the Expedition Limited.
The 2018 Ford Expedition is available in one interior color: Medium Soft Ceramic.
2018 Ford Expedition Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Ford Expedition
- Interior: Manually adjustable third-row headrests, Four 12V powerpoints, Cargo management system with protector and net, Power door locks an rear-door child-safety locks, Power windows with one-touch up/down driver’s window, Power-adjustable brake and accelerator pedals, Cabin particulate air filter, Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Third-row PowerFold and Power Recline 60/40-split bench fold-flat-to-the-floor seat, Analog instrumentation with tachometer and single 4-inch cluster display, Single-zone electronic air temperature control, Front cloth bucket seats, Leather-wrapped manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel with audio controls, Six-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar and manual recline, Second-row 40/20/40-split bench manual reclining fold-flat seat with CenterSlide, 15 cup holders
- Radio and Technology: Nine-speaker audio system, Two smart-charging multimedia USB ports in second row, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Wireless charging in media hub, Single CD player, MP3 capability, Reverse Sensing System, Push-button start, Ford SYNC, Cruise control, AM/FM stereo, Audio input jack
Interior features available on the 2018 Ford Expedition Limited
-Adds to or replaces features on XLT-.
- Interior: Second-row 40/20/40 Power Folding Tip and Slide seats; Dual Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC); Third-row power-folding headrests; Ambient lighting; Analog RPM and speed gauges with digital minor gauge and 8-inch center display; Rear auxiliary climate controls; Heated second-row outboard seats; Front perforated, leather-trimmed, heated, and ventilated bucket seats; Leather-wrapped power tilt/telescoping heated steering wheel with audio controls; 10-way power driver and passenger seats with power lumbar and power recline; Memory feature for the driver’s seat, foot pedals, and exterior mirrors; 110V/150W AC power outlet; Woodgrain appliques
- Radio and Technology: Ford SYNC 3, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Two smart-charging USB ports in third row, 12-speaker B&O Play Premium Audio System by HARMAN, Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Tow Monitoring, Remote start system, HD Radio, Forward Sensing System, Intelligent Access with push-button start, Ford SYNC Connect and FordPass
Interior features available on the 2018 Ford Expedition Platinum
-Adds to or replaces features on Limited-
- Interior: Real wood accents in center console, Front door scuff plates with Brushed Aluminum inserts, Multi-contour seats with Active Motion, Advanced Cargo Manager
- Radio and Technology: Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection; Enhanced Active Park Assist System with Parallel Parking, Park Out Assist, and Reverse Perpendicular Parking; Voice-activated touchscreen navigation system with pinch-to-zoom capability, SiriusXM Traffic, and Travel Link; Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go; Lane-Keeping System with Lane-Keeping Assist, Lane-Keeping Alert, and Driver Alert
2018 Ford Expedition Safety
Of course, every vehicle comes with top safety features to help protect you and your family on the road. However, the 2018 Ford Expedition takes it up a notch with driver-assist features on the Platinum. Whether you need help with parallel parking or like to have a second set of eyes on the highway, you can utilize features like an Enhanced Active Park Assist System and a Lane-Keeping System.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Ford Expedition
- Dual-stage front airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Electronic Power-Assist (EPAS) rack-and-pinion steering
- Safety Canopy System (includes third row)
- Three-point safety belts at all seating positions
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Rear-door child-safety locks
- Electronic Stability Control
- Rear view camera with backup assist grid lines and washer
- Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
Vehicle Shopping: What’s the difference between used and Certified Pre-Owned?