2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Overview
The Hyundai Ioniq nameplate offers three eco-friendly models: hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and electric. The Ioniq Electric relies entirely on electric power, leaving behind the idea of fuel emissions and air pollution. This sleek electric sedan provides a fun ride while protecting the environment with every mile.
The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric has an MSRP of $29,500.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq EV: Browse inventory of the latest electric model
What’s New for the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric?
The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric is available in two trims: Base and Limited.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Photos:
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Exterior
With elegant styling, this sedan blends sophistication and practicality into its exterior. The Ioniq Electric comes standard with heated power side mirrors and solar control glass. If you decide to upgrade to the upper-level Limited, you’ll make quite the entrance with High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights, equipped with an LED light guide. The body also sees an upgrade with chrome beltline molding and chrome door handles.
The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric is available in four exterior colors: Ceramic White, Symphony Air Silver, Electric Blue Metallic, and Black Noir Pearl.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Base
- Dual manual-folding body-color power side mirrors, Heated side mirrors, Lower door side molding, Front windshield two-speed intermittent wipers with mist function, Charge port on driver side rear fender, Solar control glass
Exterior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Limited
-Adds to or replaces features on Base-
- HID headlights with LED light guide, Side mirrors with turn-signal indicators, Power-folding side mirrors with puddle lamps, Chrome beltline molding, Chrome door handles
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Performance
As a purely electric vehicle, performance specs are a little different than that of a traditional gas engine. The Ioniq Electric is equipped with an 88 kW Interior-Permanent Magnet Synchronous electric motor and a 28 kWh 360V battery. As a whole, the powertrain produces 118 horsepower and 218 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Efficiency
If you’re looking for an environmentally friendly vehicle, it doesn’t get much better than the Ioniq Electric. This EV has 124 miles of purely electric range and earns an estimated 136 MPGe.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Interior
Inside the cabin of the Hyundai Ioniq Electric, you’ll experience comfort and luxury from the get-go. The Base trim includes premium features like heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and Proximity Key entry with a push-button start. The Limited adds even more comfort and technology with leather seating surfaces and an eight-speaker Infinity Premium Audio system.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Base
- Interior: Heated front seats, Center armrest storage, Rear cargo cover luggage screen, Automatic temperature control with Auto Defogging System, 60/40-split fold-down rear seatback, Rear window defroster, Premium cloth seating, Tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel, Six-way passenger seat with seat height adjustment, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Front passenger seatback pocket, Rear center armrest with cup holders, Sun visor extensions, Six-way driver seat with seat height adjustment and lumbar support
- Radio and Technology: Blue Link Connected Car Service; 7-inch LCD instrument cluster; Android Auto and Apple CarPlay; Proximity Key entry with push-button start; AM/FM/HD Radio/SiriusXM audio system; Smartphone/USB and auxiliary input jacks; Complimentary SiriusXM activation and three-month trial subscription; Bluetooth hands-free phone system with voice recognition, Bluetooth and cruise controls; USB port in center console; Steering wheel-mounted audio; Blue Link Remote Charge Access, Connected Care, and Remote Package for three years with enrollment required
Interior features available on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Limited
-Adds to or replaces features on Base-
- Interior: Leather seating surfaces, Integrated Memory System (IMS) for driver seat and side view mirrors, 10-way power driver seat with power lumbar support, Floor console-mounted rear-seat HVAC vents, Power tilt-and-slide sunroof, Premium door sill plates, LED interior illumination
- Radio and Technology: Clari-Fi Music Restoration Technology, Blue Link Guidance Package for three years with enrollment required, Infinity Premium Audio with eight speakers and a subwoofer, 8-inch navigation system with high-resolution touchscreen, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink and compass, Wireless device charging
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Safety
The Ioniq Electric employs both active and passive safety features to help protect you and your passengers inside the cabin. In the event of an accident, the Ioniq is equipped with a full suite of air bags, an energy-absorbing steering column, and front and rear crumple zones. But, of course, the ideal accident is no accident at all. That’s why features like Brake Assist (BA) and a Traction Control System (TCS) work to help you maintain control of the vehicle at all times.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
- Driver and front passenger side-impact air bags (SRS)
- Side-curtain air bags (SRS) for front and rear passengers
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Power window lock-out button
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Driver’s blind spot mirror
- Advanced dual front air bags (SRS) with Occupant Classification System (OCS)
- Energy-absorbing steering column
- Rearview camera
- Rear LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Driver’s knee air bag
- Remote keyless entry system with alarm
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Front seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with individual tire pressure indicator
- Electronic Parking Brake (EPB)
Leasing 101: Reasons to consider leasing from the dealership