2018 Jeep Cherokee Overview
Jeep recently announced that the Cherokee is due for a major model overhaul, which will debut during the 2019 model year. Changes to the Cherokee include a redesign of its often controversial front grille.
Before that new model rolls out, Jeep has one more addition to the current generation of the Cherokee: the 2018 Jeep Cherokee. For the 2018 model year, Jeep has decided to streamline the Cherokee lineup of vehicles in order to highlight the best aspects of its signature SUV.
Upcoming Jeep Models: 2018 Jeep Wrangler launch date could be soon
What’s New for the 2018 Jeep Cherokee?
Prior to the Cherokee’s major remodeling for the 2019 model year, the vehicle’s only major changes for 2018 involve the restructuring of its trim levels. The Sport trim of the Cherokee has been eliminated, making the Latitude model the Cherokee’s current base trim.
The 2018 Jeep Cherokee is offered in a total of five trims: the Latitude, Latitude Plus, Limited, Trailhawk, and Overland.
Additional 2018 Jeep Cherokee Photos:
2018 Jeep Cherokee Exterior
As previously stated, 2018 will be the last model year for the Cherokee’s controversial front grille. However, while the front fascia of the Cherokee has always generated mixed responses, its other exterior features have been consistently praised.
17-inch x 7-inch aluminum wheels highlight the performance-based nature of the Cherokee. Other exterior amenities, like heated exterior mirrors and a rear window defroster, are also useful tools in the Cherokee’s arsenal.
2018 Jeep Cherokee Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude:
- Chrome grille surrounds, Accent/body-color fascias, Body-color door handles, 225/60R17 BSW All Season Tires, Body-color exterior mirrors, Bright side roof rails, 17-inch x 7-inch aluminum wheels, Rear window defroster
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Limited:
- Heated exterior mirrors with courtesy lamps and turn signals, Windshield wiper de-icer, 18-inch x 7-inch painted aluminum wheels, 225/55R18 all season tires
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk:
- Accent-color grille surrounds, 17-inch x 7.5-inch aluminum wheels, Off-road wheel flares, Accent-color roof rails, P245/65R17 OWL All Terrain Tires
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Overland:
- 18-inch x 7-inch polished aluminum wheels; 225/60R18 BSW touring tires; Dual bright exhaust tips; Exterior mirrors with memory; Body-color wheel flares, door claddings, fascias, and exterior sill moldings
2018 Jeep Cherokee Performance
As is the same for all Jeep models, the Jeep Cherokee is a vehicle built to tackle off-road tasks. The standard 2.4-liter I4 MultiAir engine assists with this task, providing the Cherokee with 184 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque.
Cherokee drivers can also select an available 3.2-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT engine for another option. That engine configuration is available on all of the 2018 Cherokee’s trims.
2018 Jeep Cherokee Efficiency
Most models of the 2018 Jeep Cherokee achieve a fuel economy of 21/30 MPG City/Highway. More powerful models, like the Cherokee Trailhawk, achieve less efficient scores of 19/25 MPG City/Highway.
2018 Jeep Cherokee Interior
The most desirable features of any SUV are usually found in its cabin. The interior amenities and technologies of the 2018 Jeep Cherokee are no different.
Features like available heated seats surround Cherokee passengers with a feeling of refinement. Standard tech like the Uconnect® 3 system appeals to the desire to stay connected with other contemporary technologies while on the move.
2018 Jeep Cherokee Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude:
- Comfort and Seating: Six-way manual adjustable passenger seats, Cloth upholstered low-back bucket seats, Manually adjustable six-way driver seat, Rear 60/40 folding split recline seat, Front and rear floor mats
- Technology: Six-speaker audio system, Audio jack, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth®, Uconnect® 3 with 5-inch display, Cluster 3.5-inch TFT black and white display, USB charging port in console bin
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus:
- Comfort and Seating: Ambient LED interior lighting, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Power front windows w/one-touch up and down feature, Vinyl door trim panel, Front passenger fold-flat seat, Power eight-way adjustable driver seat with power four-way adjustable lumbar support, Cloth/leather/vinyl bucket seats
- Technology: 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, Uconnect® 3C with 8.4-inch display, Uconnect® Access, Navigation feature, Remote USB port, SiriusXM® Radio
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Limited:
- Comfort and Seating: Heated front seats, Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Dual zone control air conditioning, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, Cluster 7-inch configurable TFT color display, Heated steering wheel, Power liftgate, Premium air filter, Universal garage door opener
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk:
- Comfort and Seating: All-season floor mats, Day/night rear view mirror
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Overland:
- Comfort and Seating: Driver/passenger four-way adjustable lumbar support; Memory for radio, driver seat and exterior mirrors; Power front seats; Premium leather-trimmed bucket seats; Ventilated front seats; Leather-wrapped instrument panel; Premium Berber floor mats
- Technology: Five-year SiriusXM® Traffic™ service, Five-year SiriusXM® Travel Link service, Nine amplified speakers with subwoofer, GPS navigation, HD Radio™
2018 Jeep Cherokee Safety
Outside of performance, Jeep is also renowned for the safety it provides to drivers and their passengers. The latest Cherokee model includes safety technologies like a ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera and Electronic Roll Mitigation standard.
Standard safety systems for the 2018 Jeep Cherokee include the following:
- 10 standard airbags
- Hill Start Assist
- Electronic Stability Control
- Enhanced Accident Response System
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Keyless entry with panic alarm
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera
- All speed traction control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- Tire Pressure Sensor
Working Toward New Vehicle Tech: FCA and Hyundai partnership eyes Hydrogen Powertrain