2018 Jeep Compass Overview
The 2018 Jeep Compass may be smallish in size, but that doesn’t mean it’s off-road capabilities are lacking. It’s still a Jeep after all. The compact SUV boasts Jeep’s signature style, advanced safety and driving assist technologies, and intense, fuel-efficient powertrains to get you where you need to go, whether on or off the beaten path. The Compass’ rugged capability and eye-catching design are nicely complemented by high-tech infotainment systems perfectly engineered to keep the modern day driver connected at all times.
The 2018 Jeep Compass is available in four trims: Sport, Latitude, Trailhawk, and Limited.
Check Out: 2018 Jeep Wrangler
What’s New for the 2018 Jeep Compass?
A 4×2 driveline configuration is a new feature for the 2018 Jeep Compass, and drivers have the choice among three transmission options — a six-speed automatic transmission (4×2 models); six-speed manual transmission (4×2 and 4×4 models); and a nine-speed automatic transmission (4×4 models) to support the intense 180-horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque- generating 2.4-liter MultiAir Tigershark engine.
2018 Jeep Compass Photos:
2018 Jeep Compass Exterior
The 2018 Jeep Compass features a fresh take on Jeep’s signature seven-slot grille with a Gloss Black field and chrome accents. The sleekly sculpted exterior features large fenders and a sloping roofline creating an unmistakable silhouette. An available LED lighting strip accents the Compass’s daytime running lamps for a smooth look while the taillamps are artfully designed and beautifully bright.
2018 Jeep Compass Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Compass Sport
- 16-inch x 6.5-inch styled black steel wheels, 215/65R16 BSW all season tires, Black day light opening moldings, Black grille with chrome rings, Body-color roof
Exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Compass Latitude
- 17-inch x 7-inch silver painted aluminum wheels, 225/60R17 BSW all season tires, Automatic headlamps, Fog and cornering lamps, Black fog lamp bezels, Black side roof rails, Body-color exterior mirrors, Deep tint sunscreen glass, Body-color door handles, Bright day light opening molding, Latitude badge, Sport badge
Exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
- 17-inch X 6.5-inch polished black pocket aluminum wheels, 215/65R17 BSW all season on/off road tires, Black roof, Exterior mirrors with turn signals, Neutral gray fog lamp bezels and side roof rails, Rear red tow hooks, Black grille with neutral gray rings, Front suspension skid plate, Fuel tank skid plate shield, Neutral gray day light opening molding and exterior badging, Transfer case skid plate shield, Trail Rated badge
Exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Compass Limited
- 225/55R18 BSW all season tires, Body-color exterior mirrors, Bright side roof rails, Chrome fog lamp bezels, Windshield wiper de-icer, Black grille with chrome rings, Black hood decal, Bright chrome exterior accents, Bright day light opening molding, Single exhaust with dual bright tip, Limited badge
2018 Jeep Compass Performance
The 2018 Jeep Compass Sport and Latitude 4×4 models are well-equipped with a 2.4-liter I4 MultiAir engine mated to a six-speed manual transmission, and the Trailhawk and Limited 4×4 models are powered by a 2.4-liter I4 M-Air engine with engine stop and start mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission. The FWD Sport model features a six-speed manual transmission; the FWD Latitude and FWD Limited models feature a six-speed Aisin automatic transmission. The Jeep Compass generates 180 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Jeep Compass Efficiency
The 2018 Jeep Compass delivers a powerful, capable, and fuel-efficient ride.
- Sport: 22/31 MPG City/Highway (4X4); 23/32 MPG City/Highway (FWD)
- Latitude: 22/31 MPG City/Highway (4X4); 22/31 MPG City/Highway (FWD)
- Trailhawk: 22/30 MPG City/Highway
- Limited: 22/30 MPG City/Highway (4X4); 22/31 MPG City/Highway (FWD)
2018 Jeep Compass Interior
The cabin of the 2018 Jeep Compass is designed with quality materials, beautiful accents, innovative technology, and plenty of space to ensure every journey is comfortable. With expansive cargo room, nothing needs to be left behind. The available panoramic dual-pane sunroof delivers a remarkable view while the standard 60/40 rear fold-flat seats provides seating and storage versatility. Opt for the available heated front seats and heated steering wheel for supreme comfort even on the coldest days.
2018 Jeep Compass Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Compass Sport
- Cloth bucket seats, Driver seat height adjuster, Manual six-way driver/passenger seats, Front and rear floor mats, Rear view day/night mirror, Silver shift knob, Sliding sun visors with mirrors, Gun metal/black interior accents, Air conditioning, Remote keyless entry, 5-inch touchscreen display, Cluster 3.5-inch black/white driver info display, Uconnect® 3 with Five-inch display
Interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Compass Latitude
- Premium cloth/vinyl bucket seats, Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, Ambient LED interior lighting, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Remote keyless entry with proximity entry
Interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
- Premium cloth/leather trimmed bucket seats, Red interior stitching accents, All-season floor mats, Center console/rear seats air vents, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Reversible carpet/vinyl cargo mat, Ambient LED interior lighting plus, Illuminated front cup holders, K black interior accents, 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, A/C auto temperature control with dual zone control, 8.4-inch touchscreen display, Apple CarPlay™ capable, Cluster seven-inch color driver information display, Google Android Auto™ capable, SiriusXM® satellite radio with one-year radio subscription, Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display, USB host flip, Hill Descent Control (only on Trailhawk®)
Interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Compass Limited
- Four-way power lumbar adjust, Heated front seats, Leather trim bucket seats with perforated leather inserts, Power eight-way driver seat, Auto-dimming rear view mirror, Front and rear floor mats, Heated steering wheel, Piano black interior accents, Remote start system (automatic only), Security alarm, ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System (standard on FWD), Rear Cross Path Detection (standard on FWD)
2018 Jeep Compass Safety
The 2018 Jeep Compass features more than 70 available security and safety technologies, including advanced driver assist technologies such as the available LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist and Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking to help ensure a safe drive every time you get behind the wheel.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Jeep Compass
- Advanced multistage front airbags
- All speed traction control
- Anti-lock four-wheel disc brakes
- Center rear three-point seat belt
- Driver inflatable knee-bolster airbag
- Electronic roll mitigation
- Electronic stability control
- Engine immobilizer
- Front passenger seat belt alert
- Height-adjustable front shoulder belts
- Hill Start Assist
- LATCH ready child seat anchor system
- Motorized pretensioning seatbelts
- Panic alarm
- ParkView rear-back-up camera (standard on 4×4 models)
- Rain brake support
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags
- Supplemental side-curtain front and rear airbags
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
Did You Know? Jeep pickup truck closer to production