2018 Jeep Renegade Overview
When many motorists envision the quintessential Jeep vehicle, they undoubtedly picture it to be rather large and imposing. By contrast, the Jeep Renegade is rather small and compact compared to the other entries across the Jeep lineup.
Still, to outright dismiss the Renegade would be awfully misguided. Although it is currently Jeep’s smallest and most inexpensive model, the 2018 Jeep Renegade still has the off-road capabilities and drive that Jeep’s vehicles have become famous for.
What’s to Come for the Renegade: First look at the 2019 Jeep® Renegade
What’s New for the 2018 Jeep Renegade?
Most of the changes for the 2018 Jeep Renegade are relegated to the vehicle’s interior. The 2018 Renegade’s cabin adds two new storage areas, new seating materials, and an updated infotainment system.
The 2018 Jeep Renegade is available at six trim levels: the Sport, Latitude, Altitude, Upland, Limited, and Trailhawk. All trims are available with 4×2 or 4×4 configurations, except for the Trailhawk and Upland, which are only available with a 4×4 configuration.
Additional 2018 Jeep Renegade Photos:
2018 Jeep Renegade Exterior
Although it is easily Jeep’s most affordable model, the Renegade is still ready to tackle off-roading challenges. To assist with its off-road endeavors, Jeep has equipped the 2018 Renegade with several vital exterior amenities, like standard intermittent windshield wipers and the available windshield wiper de-icer.
2018 Jeep Renegade Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Sport:
- Rear window wiper/washer, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Halogen headlamps, Solar control glass, 16-inch x 6.5-inch styled steel wheels
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Latitude:
- Deep tint sunscreen glass, Power heated mirrors, Automatic headlamps, Cornering front fog lamps
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Altitude:
- 18-inch x 8.0-inch gloss black wheels, Exterior mirrors with turn signals
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Limited:
- Windshield wiper de-icer, Rain sensitive windshield wipers
Additional exterior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk:
- Hood decal
2018 Jeep Renegade Performance
The 2018 Jeep Renegade has two major engine options. The standard 1.4-liter inline-four MultiAir Turbo engine nets 160 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque.
Meanwhile, the available 2.4-liter inline-four Tigershark MultiAir engine generates 180 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque. Combine that with the available nine-speed 948TE automatic transmission, and you have a Jeep ready to go the extra mile.
2018 Jeep Renegade Efficiency
For a Jeep model, the 2018 Jeep Renegade manages to remain rather efficient. It’s standard powertrain setup achieves a fuel economy of 24 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway, and more powerful engines only take a slight hit to efficiency.
2018 Jeep Renegade Interior
The Jeep Renegade’s interior receives the most alterations for the 2018 model year. The Renegade comes standard with new storage arrangements, while also including the Uconnect 3 interface with a 5-inch display.
That Uconnect infotainment system can always be upgraded to its more recent Uconnect 4 version. Other available amenities include a leather-wrapped steering wheel and heated front seats, also clad in leather.
2018 Jeep Renegade Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Sport:
- Comfort and Seating: Cloth low-back bucket seats, Three rear seat head restraints, 160-MPH primary speedometer, Locking glove box, Rear window defroster
- Technology: 5-inch touchscreen display, Six speakers, Integrated Voice Command with Bluetooth, Steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Uconnect 3 with 5-inch display
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Latitude:
- Comfort and Seating: Ambient LED interior lighting, Premium cloth bucket seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Technology: 7.0-inch touchscreen display, Uconnect 4 with 7-inch display, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Integrated center stack radio
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Altitude:
- Comfort and Seating: Deluxe cloth high-back bucket seats, Premium door trim panel, Black accent stitching
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Limited:
- Comfort and Seating: Leather-trimmed bucket seats, Power eight-way driver seat and manual four-way passenger seat, Heated front seats, Cluster 7.0-inch TFT color display, Heated steering wheel
Additional interior features available on the 2018 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk:
- Comfort and Seating: Metal Diamond steering wheel bezel, All-season floor mats
2018 Jeep Renegade Safety
There are plenty of technologies designed to keep both drivers and passengers safe featured throughout the 2018 Jeep Renegade. The ParkView Rear Back Up Camera is most useful for parking lot maneuverability, while All Speed Traction Control and Hill Start Assist are more applicable during trips off the beaten path.
Standard safety features for the 2018 Jeep Renegade include:
- All Speed Traction Control
- ParkView Rear Back Up Camera
- Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
- Daytime Running Lamp System
- Electronic Roll Mitigation
- Hill Start Assist
- Trailer Sway Damping
- Electronic Stability Control
Exciting New Jeep Designs: Jeep brings seven concept vehicles to 52nd Annual Moab Easter Jeep Safari