2018 Lexus IS Overview
Featuring some of the most aggressively sculpted styling of the Lexus sedan lineup, the 2018 Lexus IS stands as the entry-level car to the luxury brand’s passenger cars.
At the Other End: Meet the Lexus sedan flagship, the brand new LS 500
What’s New for the 2018 Lexus IS?
Mostly, Lexus has renamed what was previously the IS 200t, now called the IS 300. In addition, the IS 350’s V6 has added more horsepower, the IS lineup has gotten a standard rearview camera, and rear-wheel drive F SPORT trims now sport a limited-slip differential.
2018 Lexus IS Photos:
2018 Lexus IS Exterior
The 2018 Lexus IS is the most compact of the brand’s sedans, with bold, large air scoops complimenting the brand’s characteristic spindle grille. This aggressive look is further enhanced in F SPORT models, which add a more distinctive front fascia.
2018 Lexus IS Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus IS 300 and 350
- LED taillamps, headlamps, and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus IS 300 F SPORT and 350 F SPORT
- Full-faced mesh grille, 18-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, F Sport badging, Twin projector LED Headlamps
2018 Lexus IS Performance
The 2018 Lexus IS comes with three separate engines. On rear-wheel drive IS 300 models, the engine is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder, making 241 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. Above that, all-wheel drive IS 300 models are powered by a 3.5-liter V6 engine, which makes 260 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque.
Finally, all IS 350 models (rear- and all-wheel drive alike) are powered by a 3.5-liter V6 making 311 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Lexus IS Efficiency
The 2018 Lexus IS’s fuel efficiency is split between the rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive models, as well as between the IS 300 and IS 350. So, the fuel efficiency breaks down as follows.
- 2018 IS 300: 22/32/26 mpg city/highway/combined
- 2018 IS 300 AWD: 19/26/22 mpg city/highway/combined
- 2018 IS 350: 20/28/23 mpg city/highway/combined
- 2018 IS 350 AWD: 19/26/22 mpg city/highway/combined
2018 Lexus IS Interior
The 2018 Lexus IS offers seating for five passengers, and a wide variety of premium features, from the standard features like a leather-trimmed steering wheel and dual-zone climate control to optional features like auto-dimming exterior mirrors and a 15-speaker Mark Levinson® surround sound system.
2018 Lexus IS Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus IS 300 and 350
- Power-adjustable sport seats, NuLuxe interior trim, 60/40-split fold-down rear seat, Leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob, Dual-zone climate control, Illuminated entry system
- HomeLink® system, Lexus Enform Service Connect, Center console controller, Lexus Safety System, Subscription-free traffic and weather, Lexus Premium Audio System, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Lexus Enform Safety Connect, HD Radio™ with iTunes® tagging, Smart Stop technology, Lexus Enform Remote, Backup camera with dynamic gridlines, Scout® GPS Link, Color multi-information display, Siri® Eyes Free
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus IS 300 F SPORT and 350 F SPORT
- Heated and ventilated front seats, LFA-inspired gauges, Bolstered F Sport seats with contrast stitching, Aluminum pedals, Silver performance interior trim, Leather-trimmed F Sport steering wheel and shift knob, Stainless steel scuff plates
- G-Force and Turbo-Boost Displays
2018 Lexus IS Safety
The 2018 Lexus IS offers an array of interesting standard safety features, from the more reactionary 10-airbag system to the more proactive Smart Stop system and backup camera.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Lexus IS
- Power-assisted four-wheel disc brakes
- LED headlamps
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- Rigid body structure with crumple zones
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Smart Stop technology
- Lexus Safety System+
- 10-airbag system
- LED taillamps
- Backup Camera with Dynamic Gridlines
- Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)
- Brake Assist
- LED daytime running lamps
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
More from Lexus: Here are even more reasons to buy a Lexus