2018 Lexus NX Overview
Meet the entry level to the Lexus crossovers, the 2018 Lexus NX, with all the refinement and luxury of its larger siblings in a more compact package.
More Lexus SUVs: Meet the entire lineup of luxury crossovers
What’s New for the 2018 Lexus NX?
For 2018, Lexus has performed some shuffling with the NX. First, what used to be the NX 200t is now the NX 300. The Safety System+ package is now standard equipment, the infotainment system has been updated and given a larger screen, the Remote Touch Interface pad is larger, and the F SPORT trim has been given available adaptive suspension dampers.
2018 Lexus NX Photos:
2018 Lexus NX Exterior
The 2018 Lexus NX definitely takes after its larger crossover siblings in its exterior design, prominently featuring the spindle grille and swooping headlight design of the brand, although with a lower-scooping grille in the F SPORT version. The 2018 NX comes in the normal assortment of whites, blacks, and grays, plus a shade of red and blue. In the normal NX and NX Hybrid, the colors also include a shade of brown called “Autumn Shimmer,” and with the F SPORT comes a color named “Molten Pearl” that is decidedly, boldly, orange.
2018 Lexus NX Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus NX 300
- Rear spoiler; Tinted glass; Automatic on/off headlights; LED headlamps; Rear window defogger; Heated, power-adjustable exterior mirrors; 17-inch alloy wheels; P225/65HR17 BSW all-season tires; Roof rails
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus NX 300 F SPORT
- 18-inch alloy wheels, P225/60HR18 BSW all-season tires
Exterior features available on the 2018 Lexus NX 300h
- 17-inch 10-spoke allow wheels, Triple-projector-beam headlamps, LED taillamps, Illuminated door handles, Roof rails, LED cornering foglamps
2018 Lexus NX Performance
The 2018 NX comes with one of two engines depending on the trim. For the NX 300 and NX 300 F SPORT, that engine is a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four-cylinder, which produces 235 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque.
In the NX 300h, or NX Hybrid, the power is instead generated by a naturally-aspirated 2.5-liter inline-four-cylinder engine combined with Lexus’ Hybrid Drive system for 194 total system hp and 152 lb-ft of torque.
2018 Lexus NX Efficiency
There are three different trims, with different performance features or powertrain, of the 2018 NX, two of which come in front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive (the hybrid comes exclusively with all-wheel drive). These factors each influence the fuel efficiency.
The NX 300 and 300 F SPORT with front-wheel drive luckily offer the same fuel efficiency numbers, of 22 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway, and 25 mpg combined. With all-wheel drive, this diverges slightly, as the NX 300 makes 22 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway, and 24 mpg combined, and the 300 F SPORT makes 22 mpg in the city, 27 mpg on the highway, and 24 mpg combined.
The NX 300h, as the hybrid model, trounces these numbers, offering 33 mpg in the city, 30 mpg on the highway, and 31 mpg combined—remember, too, that this is with standard all-wheel drive.
2018 Lexus NX Interior
Inside, the 2018 Lexus NX is, predictably, as luxurious as the other Lexus vehicles in the lineup. That means plenty of leg room, deeply bolstered sport seats, and a host of available features to surround the driver and passengers in opulent comfort.
2018 Lexus NX Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus NX 300 and 300 F SPORT
- Dual zone front automatic climate control, Rear seat climate control vents, Interior air filter, Adaptive cruise control, Leather-trimmed steering wheel, Steering wheel mounted controls, Steering wheel tilt and telescopic adjustment, Driver and front passenger multi-adjustable power seats, Folding second-row seats
- Bluetooth® technology, Eight-speaker audio system, Real-time traffic information with subscription, Satellite radio with three-month subscription, Auxiliary input jack, Telematic system with one-year trial subscription, Smart key system, Multi-function remote, Keyless entry, 12V power outlet
Interior features available on the 2018 Lexus NX 300h
- 10-way power-adjustable driver (including lumbar) and eight-way front passenger seat, Dual-zone climate control, 60/40 split-folding and reclining rear seats, Self-gripping cup holders
- Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0, Lexus Enform Wi-Fi, Next-generation Remote Touchpad, Lexus Enform Service Connect, G-force and turbo-boost gauges, Siri® Eyes Free, HD Radio™ with iTunes® tagging, Lexus Enform Remote mobile app, Bluetooth® audio technology, LCD multi-information display, Subscription-free Traffic and Weather service via HD Radio™, Fuel Guide, High-resolution color LCD multimedia display, Drive mode select, Advanced voice command, EV mode, 10-speaker Lexus Premium Sound System, Scout® GPS Link, SmartAccess key, HomeLink® universal transceiver
2018 Lexus NX Safety
The 2018 NX comes first of all with a normal collection of safety features, including an eight-airbag system (including side curtains that reach to the rear seats) and power-assisted anti-lock brakes, as well as some more advanced ones like a backup camera with dynamic gridlines and whiplash-mitigating front seatbacks. Newly standard on the NX, though, is the Lexus Safety System+, which adds a suite of active safety systems, including the Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, and Intelligent High-Beam Headlamps.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Lexus NX
- Lexus Safety System+
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- Backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Eight-airbag system
- Anti-lock braking system with Brake Assist and Electronic Brakeforce Distrubition
- Whiplash Injury Lessening front seatbacks
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
- Smart Stop technology
- Hill-start Assist Control
- Vehicle Proximity Notification System
Go Green: Learn more about the Lexus Hybrid lineup