2018 Mazda CX-3 Overview
The Mazda CX-3 is the brand’s smallest crossover, combining the versatility of the lineup’s SUVs with the refinement that Mazda brings to all of its vehicles.
Helpful Hint: A CPO vehicle can get you some serious benefits
What’s New for the 2018 Mazda CX-3?
For 2018, the CX-3 gets two big brand-specific features: Smart City Brake Support and G-Vectoring Control. The first of those is an automatic braking system for when the CX-3 is travelling under 19 mph, and the second is a system to improve driving stability in turns by slightly dropping engine torque and shifting the vehicle’s weight forward.
On top of those, the CX-3 gets some chassis and steering revisions to improve handling, comfort, and sound suppression, and some new optional features including a full-color Active Driving Display, a power driver’s seat with memory settings, and a heated steering wheel.
2018 Mazda CX-3 Photos:
2018 Mazda CX-3 Exterior
The 2018 CX-3 shares its design language, and much of its looks, with the other SUVs in the brand’s lineup, resulting in a long, aggressive hood ending in a grille which stylistically feeds into the headlights.
2018 Mazda CX-3 Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Mazda CX-3 Sport
- Roof-mounted shark fin antenna, Daytime Running Lights (DRL), Clear-lens halogen headlights, Auto-off headlights, Dual body-colored power side mirrors, Body-color door handles, Black side body garnish, Rear roofline spoiler, Variable-intermittent windshield wipers, Intermittent rear wiper/washer, 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
Exterior features available on the 2018 Mazda CX-3 Touring
- Auto On/Off headlights, Body-colored power side mirrors with integrated turn signals, Heated side mirrors, Rain-sensing variable-intermittent windshield wipers, 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels
Exterior features available on the 2018 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring
- LED Daytime Running Lights, LED headlights with auto leveling, Adaptive Front-lighting System, LED fog lights, LED Combination taillights, Silver side body garnish, Silver front grille garnish
2018 Mazda CX-3 Performance
Each CX-3 is powered by a 2.0-liter SKYAVTIV-G four-cylinder engine, which produces 146 hp and 146 lb-ft of torque. This is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission and either front-wheel drive or the brand’s i-ACTIV all-wheel drive.
2018 Mazda CX-3 Efficiency
The CX-3 delivers some strong efficiency numbers, particularly in its more efficient front-wheel drive form, where it makes an EPA-estimated 29 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway. In the all-wheel drive models, though, this only drops a little bit to an estimated 27 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
2018 Mazda CX-3 Interior
The interior of the CX-3 offers 12.4 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats up, which expands to 44.5 cubic feet with them down. In addition, the CX-3 offers some features not usually found on a compact crossover, including standard bolstered sport seats with center console knee pads.
2018 Mazda CX-3 Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Mazda CX-3 Sport
- Air conditioning with pollen filter, 60/40 split fold-down rear seats, Cloth door trim with black arm rests, Black center console knee pads, Six-way manual driver’s seat, Cloth-trimmed sport seats
- Push button start, Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls, Remote fuel door release, Remote keyless illuminated entry system with answer back feature, 12-volt power outlet, 7-inch full-color touchscreen display, Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio capability, AM/FM/CD/MP3 sound system with Automatic Level Control and six speakers, MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System, Auxiliary-audio input jack, USB audio input
Interior features available on the 2018 Mazda CX-3 Touring
- Automatic climate control with pollen filter, Synthetic leather door trim with red arm rests, Red center console knee pads, Heated front seats, Leatherette-trimmed sport seats, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Leather-wrapped steering wheel, Leather-wrapped parking brake handle
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System
Interior features available on the 2018 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring
- Power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch-open feature and interior sunshade, Steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters, Lux Suede® door trim with red arm rests, Leather-trimmed sport seats with Lux Suede® inserts
- Bose® seven-speaker audio system, HD Radio™, Mazda Navigation System, SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 4-month trial subscription
2018 Mazda CX-3 Safety
The Mazda CX-3 was rated a 2017 Top Safety Pick+ by the IIHS, the top honor offered by the group that means it made top marks in all crash tests with superior front crash prevention and “adequate” headlights, and of course also earned an overall five star safety rating from the NHTSA, scoring five stars in both frontal and side crashes and four stars in rollover tests.
Standard Safety Features on the 2018 Mazda CX-3
- 3-point safety belts for all seating positions
- Front safety-belt pretensioners with force limiters
- Advanced front air bags with seat belt-use, passenger-weight sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and side-impact air curtains with rollover protection
- Smart City Brake Support
- Rearview camera
- LATCH child-safety-seat anchors & upper tether anchors
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
More Mazda: Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are coming soon!