2018 Toyota Yaris iA Overview
After the Scion line was eventually discontinued, Toyota brought over many of the remaining Scion models and converted them into vehicles bearing the Toyota name. One of the most popular of these cars was the Toyota Yaris iA.
Toyota hopes to see the success of the subcompact car continue this year with the 2018 Toyota Yaris iA. Evidently, Toyota isn’t changing much of anything when it comes to the Yaris iA, with the automaker adopting the advice of the famous idiom: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
Getting Better Gas Mileage: Improve your gas mileage with these basic tips
What’s New for the 2018 Toyota Yaris iA?
Following its exodus from the Scion brand to Toyota last year, the Yaris iA receives no major changes or updates for the 2018 model year.
The 2018 Toyota Yaris iA is offered in only one trim.
2018 Toyota Yaris iA Exterior
Last year, Toyota put its own design spin on the Scion iA when it became the Yaris iA. Those design variations carry over into the 2018 model year, along with several exterior features.
2018 Toyota Yaris iA Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2018 Toyota Yaris iA:
- 16-inch split-spoke alloy wheels, All-season 185/60R16 tires, Power outside mirrors with LED turn signal indicators, Variable intermittent front windshield wipers, Rear window defogger, Chrome-tipped exhaust, Daytime Running Lights (DRL), Halogen headlights
2018 Toyota Yaris iA Performance
The 2018 Toyota Yaris iA might not be the most powerful car on the market, with only 106 horsepower and 103 lb-ft of torque. Nevertheless, its Mazda-based routes make it a joy to drive in terms of handling.
2018 Toyota Yaris iA Efficiency
Even for a subcompact car, the 2018 Toyota Yaris iA receives some stellar fuel economy scores. With a manual transmission equipped, the Yaris iA achieves 30/39/34 MPG City/Highway/Combined, and that number is only increased to 32/40/35 MPG City/Highway/Combined when drivers opt for the automatic transmission.
2018 Toyota Yaris iA Interior
With only one trim level in its lineup, the 2018 Toyota Yaris iA offers drivers the interior features they desire right from the start. A six-way adjustable driver’s seat helps motorists find the perfect placement for any drive.
The Yaris iA is also an advanced vehicle. Technologies like a backup camera and voice recognition come standard, and the Yaris iA’s 7-inch touchscreen is intuitive without being intrusive.
2018 Toyota Yaris iA Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2018 Toyota Yaris iA:
- Comfort and Seating: Air conditioning, Backup camera, Power windows with driver-side auto up/down and jam protection, Power door locks, Remote keyless entry with Push Button Start, Digital clock, Analog speedometer, Tachometer, Trip meter, Tilt/telescopic steering wheel with audio controls, Cruise control, Fabric-trimmed sport front bucket seats, Six-way adjustable driver’s seat and four-way adjustable passenger’s seat, Height-adjustable driver’s seat, 60/40 split fold-down rear seats, Dual sun visors with vanity mirrors, Four-piece carpeted floor mats
- Technology: 7-inch touchscreen display audio, Integrated AM/FM antenna, Auxiliary audio jack, Two USB ports with iPod® connectivity, Hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology, Six speakers, AM/FM HD Radio™ technology plus Technology Services Suite, Connected Services Suite with Pandora, Voice recognition
2018 Toyota Yaris iA Safety
Subcompact models aren’t always known for their safety. The 2018 Toyota Yaris iA subverts expectations by offering a comprehensive standard safety suite.
The Active Safety System includes functions like Dynamic Stability Control and a Brake Override system. Meanwhile, the Yaris iA includes a Low-Speed Pre-Collision System, a feature that many of its larger competitors lack.
Standard safety features for the 2018 Toyota Yaris iA include:
- Low-Speed Pre-Collision System
- Active Safety System—includes Dynamic Stability Control, Traction Control System, Anti-lock Brake System, Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Brake Assist, and Brake Override System
- Driver and front passenger airbag system
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags
- Front and rear side-curtain airbags
- Three-point seatbelts for all seating positions; driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor and Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractors on all passenger belts
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) includes lower anchors on outboard rear seats and tether anchors on all rear seats
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- First aid kit
- Engine immobilizer
Setting Goals for 2018: Try some of these resolutions for your car in 2018