2019 Chevrolet Cruze Overview
As sedan sales continue to slide, automakers are faced with two choices: help their sedans to adapt or eliminate them altogether. Numerous automakers have chosen the latter option.
Chevrolet, on the other hand, finds the first choice to be a much better strategy in the long run. That’s precisely why Chevy is upgrading its signature Cruze sedan for the 2019 model year, providing it with a fresh look and advanced amenities.
Chevy’s Other Cruze: Chevy Cruze Hatchback
What’s New for the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze?
The Chevrolet Cruze has adopted a brand-new look for the 2019 model year. In addition to these cosmetic changes, the Cruze also receives new features like the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system.
The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze is available at five trim levels: L, LS, LT, Premier, Diesel.
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Exterior
The most notable change for the Chevy Cruze during the 2019 model year are its refreshed looks. Yet, this ins’t the only exterior alteration for the Cruze.
The 2019 Cruze model also receive an assortment of useful exterior features. These exterior amenities range anywhere from the standard solar-absorbing glass to the available power sunroof.
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze L:
- Front intermittent wipers, Solar-absorbing glass, Power-adjustable outside mirrors, Halogen twin reflector headlamps with automatic on/off feature, 15-inch steel wheels with bolt-on covers, 195/65R15 all-season blackwall tires, Black beltline moldings, Body-color door handles, Rear window defogger
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze LS:
- Available 17-inch five-split spoke Ultra Bright machined-face midnight Silver aluminum wheels, Available Bright Chrome accent grille, Available chrome bodyside moldings, Compact spare tire, Available fog lamps kit, Available front and rear black bowtie emblems, Available front and rear splash guards, Available Illuminated Gold bowtie emblem, Available LS Package, Available 16-inch tires and aluminum wheels, Available painted bodyside moldings, Available rear spoiler, Available 205/55R16 all-season blackwall tires, Available wheel locks, Stainless-steel front door sill plates
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze LT:
- Available fog lamps, LED Daytime Running Lamps, 16-inch aluminum wheels, 205/55R16 all-season blackwall tires, Halogen projector-beam headlamps with LED signature, Available 17-inch RS Black machined aluminum wheels with Black bowtie center caps, Available Black Nameplate Package, Available black beltline moldings, Bright beltline moldings, Compact spare tire and wheel, Available heated power-adjustable outside mirrors, Available Performance Brake Package, Available power sunroof
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier:
- 17-inch aluminum wheels, 225/45R17 all-season blackwall tires, Available 18-inch RS Black machined aluminum wheels with black bowtie center caps, Heated power-adjustable outside mirrors, LED-accented taillamps
Additional exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel:
- 16-inch aluminum wheels, 205/55R16 all-season blackwall tires, Bright chrome accent grill, Available heated power-adjustable outside mirrors
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Performance
The Chevrolet Cruze’s standard powertrain is a 1.4-liter ECOTEC® turbocharged four-cylinder engine, capable of producing up to 153 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque. Meanwhile, the Cruze’s available diesel engine only experiences a slight decline in power for added efficiency, ultimately generating 137 horsepower.
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Efficiency
Right from the start, the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze is one of the most efficient models in its segment. The base model for the Cruze reaches 28 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.
Still, if drivers want to save even more on gas during their daily commute, they should consider the Cruze’s Diesel model. Said model achieves a fuel economy of 31 mpg in the city and 48 mpg on the highway.
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Interior
The Cruze may be one of Chevy’s most affordable models, but it also happens to be one of the brand’s most advanced automobiles as well. The Cruze comes standard with the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System for the 2019 model year.
Other standard interior offerings include a four-speaker audio system and Remote Keyless Entry. Upgrading to the Cruze’s higher trim levels introduces opulent features like heated front seats and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze L:
- Comfort and Seating: Air conditioning, Overhead courtesy lamp, Roof-rear courtesy lighting, Lighting in trunk/cargo area, Cloth seat trim, Six-way manually-adjustable driver seat, Two-way manually-adjustable front passenger seat, Center console with armrest, Driver and front passenger mirror-covered visors, Power windows, Inside rearview manual day/night mirror, Manual tilt and telescoping steering column, Floor-mounted rear air ducts, Rear folding bench seat, Available Jet Black cloth seat trim, Tire inflator kit, Cabin humidity sensor, Trunk release
- Technology: Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System with a 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, Bluetooth, Apple Carplay, Android Auto™, Voice recognition, Four-speaker audio system, AM/FM radio, Available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi, Driver information center, Engine immobilizer theft-deterrent system, OnStar and Chevrolet Connected Services capable, Remote Keyless Entry, Remote panic alarm, USB ports
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze LS:
- Comfort and Seating: Front carpeted floor mats, Available premium carpeted floor mats, Available all-weather floor mats, Available cargo net, Available Jet Black galvanized cloth seat trim, Reflective window shade, Available universal tablet holder, Available steering wheel-mounted controls
- Technology: Available Remote Start, Available seat belt assurance system, Available Cruise Control
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze LT:
- Comfort and Seating: Steering wheel controls, Available premium all-weather floor mats, Available cargo area tray, Available RS Package, Available RS badging and rear spoiler, 60/40 split-folding rear bench seat, Available eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, Driver and front passenger visors with illuminated mirrors, Overhead courtesy lamp and dual reading lamps, Available heated front seats
- Technology: Six-speaker audio system, Three-month trial subscription of SiriusXM satellite radio, Available Bose premium nine-speaker system, Available Keyless Open and Start, Available powered universal tablet holder, Cruise Control, Remote Start, Available Driver Confidence Package (including Rear Park Assist, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, and Rear Cross Traffic Alert)
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier:
- Comfort and Seating: Eight-way power-adjustable driver seat; Four-way manually-adjustable front passenger seat; Heated driver and front passenger seats; Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel; Illuminated visor vanity mirrors for driver and front passenger; Leatherette seat trim; Available Jet Black leatherette seat trim
- Technology: Keyless Open and Start, Available Driver Confidence II Package (Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking; Forward Collision Alert; Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning; Following Distance Indicator; Front Pedestrian Braking; IntelliBeam automatic high beam headlamps; Driver Confidence Package)
Additional interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel:
- Comfort and Seating: Deluxe steering wheel, Available eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, Driver and front passenger visors, Available Preferred Package (including leatherette seating surfaces, instrument panel trim and door trim inserts; heated leather-wrapped steering wheel; four-way manually-adjustable front passenger seat)
- Technology: Driver Confidence Package
2019 Chevrolet Cruze Safety
Chevy prides itself on the safety that it offers to drivers. The 2019 Chevrolet Cruze showcases that commitment to safety with technology like a rear vision camera and the StabiliTrak electronic stability control system.
Standard safety features for the 2019 Chevrolet Cruze include:
- 10 air bags
- LATCH anchors for children’s seats
- Teen Driver
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Chevrolet Connected Access for 10 years
- Daytime Running Lamps,
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
- Rear Vision Camera
Other Diesel Models from Chevy: Details on the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Diesel