2019 Chevrolet Trax Overview
The Chevrolet Trax is the brand’s compact urban-friendly crossover. It combines the versatility and ride height of a crossover with the footprint and comfortable ride of a compact passenger car, making it a vehicle for the urban dweller looking for a little more utility from their ride.
Winter Is Coming: Be ready with these cold-weather driving tips
What’s New for the 2019 Chevrolet Trax?
The changes for 2019 are pretty tiny. First, the Trax gets a new Premier badge for the liftgate. Then, it drops the Red Hot color, and adds Pacific Blue Metallic, Dark Copper Metallic, and Satin Steel Metallic.
2019 Chevrolet Trax Photos:
2019 Chevrolet Trax Exterior
The 2019 Trax is a compact SUV, best suited for close driving environments. The smallest crossover from the Bowtie Brand, it combines the smaller footprint of a compact car with the ride height and upright seating position of a crossover. Chevrolet gave it a thorough redesign for the 2017 model year, leading to the current, aggressive look, more in line with the brand’s current design aesthetic.
2019 Chevrolet Trax Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Trax LS
- Halogen reflector headlamps, Sculpted taillamps, Body-color power outside mirrors, 16-inch all-season blackwall tires, Rear intermittent wiper, Front intermittent wipers, Available deep-tinted glass
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Trax LT
- Deep-tinted glass, Halogen projector-beam headlamps, LED taillamps, Body-color heated power outside mirrors, Roof-mounted side rails, 16-inch painted aluminum wheels, Available body-color door handles with chrome strip, Available roof rack cross rails, Available power sunroof, Available 18-inch Midnight Silver wheels
Exterior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Trax Premier
- Power sunroof, Fog lamps, 18-inch all-season blackwall tires, Body-color door handles with chrome strip, Chrome liftgate appliqué, Bright front sill plates
2019 Chevrolet Trax Performance
The 2019 Trax gets its power from a turbocharged 1.4-liter EcoTec four-cylinder engine. This gives the Trax 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque, which it routes to either the front wheels or all the wheels, depending on drivetrain choice.
2019 Chevrolet Trax Efficiency
For front-wheel drive models, the 2019 Trax makes 25 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway. All-wheel drive brings those numbers down slightly to 24 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
2019 Chevrolet Trax Interior
Inside, the Trax offers seating for up to five passengers. With all the seats up, this leaves 18.8 cubic feet of space for cargo that stretches to 48.4 cubic feet of space if you lower the rear seats. The front passenger seat also folds down to allow items 8 feet long.
2019 Chevrolet Trax Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Trax LS
- Power windows, Single-zone manual climate control, Air filtration system, Rear window defogger, Rear heat duct, Driver and front passenger visors, Two-way adjustable front head restraints, Two-way manual front passenger seat, Four-way manual driver seat, Front bucket seats, Flat-folding front passenger seatback, 60/40 split-folding rear bench seat, Cloth seat trim, Steering-wheel mounted controls, Retractable cargo shade, Rear cargo area covered storage, Driver seat armrest, Assist handles, Power door locks, Cargo area lighting, Interior lighting, 12-volt power outlet, Eight-point digital compass, Remote keyless entry, Available cargo organizer, Available cargo area tray, Available cruise control
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System with 7-inch diagonal color touch screen, AM/FM stereo, Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Bluetooth® audio streaming, Six-speaker audio system, 3.5-inch diagonal Driver Information Center, Built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Trax LT
- Front passenger underseat storage, Cruise control, 110-volt power outlet, Remote start, Available six-way power driver seat, Available leather-wrapped steering wheel, Available keyless open, Available keyless start
- SiriusXM® Radio, Available Bose® premium seven-speaker audio system, Available Rear Park Assist
Interior features available on the 2019 Chevrolet Trax Premier
- Keyless open, Keyless start, Six-way power driver seat, Leatherette seat trim, Inside rearview auto-dimming mirror, Driver and front passenger visors with illuminated mirrors, Six-way power driver seat, Heated driver and front passenger seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Bose® premium seven-speaker audio system, Rear Park Assist
2019 Chevrolet Trax Safety
The 2019 Trax comes with 10 airbags, more than any other vehicle in its class. Drivers can also upgrade the normal array of safety features with additional driver-assist systems. For example, there’s Lane Departure Warning, Rear Park Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Forward Collision Alert, and Side Blind Zone Alert.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 Chevrolet Trax
- Rear child security door locks
- LATCH System
- Dual driver and front passenger seat belt pretensioners
- 10 airbags
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Four-wheel antilock front disc/rear drum brakes
- Theft-deterrent unauthorized entry system
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with traction control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Rear Vision Camera
- Passenger Sensing System
- Chevrolet Connected Access with 10 years of standard connectivity
- OnStar® and Chevrolet Connected Services capability
More Chevy Utility: Check out the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500