2019 Kia Soul Overview
The 2019 Kia Soul is a great family vehicle with its unmistakable boxy design and eye-catching style. This distinctive and bold hatchback is back for 2019, and it promises to be a head-turner as it cruises down the city streets. For a fun compact crossover that represents your unique personality and fits any lifestyle, the 2019 Soul is ready to be your car soulmate.
Learn More: Kia Named a Most Trusted Brand
What’s New for the 2019 Kia Soul?
Minor packaging enhancements continue to let the 2019 Soul stand out from the crowd, with the addition of a standard 5-inch touch screen and voice recognition on the 2019 Kia Soul Base trim. For your safety and increased visibility, the base model now also has a Rear Camera and auto-on/off headlights as standard. In addition to the signature silhouette, you can further express your inner driver by choosing vibrant colors for your 2019 Kia Soul, which now includes a striking Inferno Red color combo available on the Soul Base.
2019 Kia Soul Photos:
2019 Kia Soul Exterior
The iconic cubic shape of the Kia Soul remains for 2019, with dual body-color power mirrors, a chrome and matte black front upper grille, privacy and solar glass, and heated rear glass with a timer on the Base trim. The Plus (+) trim adds body color bumper inserts for a extra dash of style and fog lights and high-intensity discharge projector beam headlights with auto leveling for better visibility. The Exclaim (!) trim adds red accents on the gloss black bumper inserts and lower body molding for an aesthetic statement.
2019 Kia Soul Exterior Photos:
Exterior features on the 2019 Kia Soul Base
- Matte black front and rear bumper inserts, Chrome and matte black front upper grille, Dual body-color power mirrors, Auto light control, Multi-reflector headlights, Privacy and solar glass, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Rear wiper/washer, Heated rear glass with timer, Locking fuel-filler door, 16-inch alloy wheels, 205/60R16 tires
Exterior features on the 2019 Kia Soul + (Plus)
-Adds to or replaces features on Base-
- Available Soul+ Designer Collection exterior colors, Body color front and rear bumper inserts, Chrome and gloss black front upper grille, Heated outside mirrors, Available power folding outside mirrors, Available panoramic sunroof with power sunshade, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) projector beam headlights with auto leveling, Front fog lights, Available jewel type LED positioning lights, Available LED rear combination lamps and center high mounted stop light, 17-inch alloy wheels, 215/55R17 tires
Exterior features on the 2019 Kia Soul ! (Exclaim)
-Adds to or replaces features on + (Plus)-
- Gloss black front and rear bumper inserts with red accents, Lower body molding with red accents, Chrome twin exhaust tips, Mirror-mounted LED turn-signal indicators, Available LED front fog lights, 10-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels, 235/45R18 tires
2019 Kia Soul Performance
The 2019 Kia Soul offers three different engine options so you can pick the level of performance that’s right for you. The Base trim includes a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine with a six-speed manual or available electronically controlled six-speed automatic transmission. This combination delivers 130 horsepower and 118 lb-ft of torque.
Opt for the Plus trim and you’ll get a 2.0-liter engine that comes with a standard electronically controlled six-speed automatic transmission, enhancing the performance to 161 horsepower and 150 lb-ft of torque.
For the most power, pick the 2019 Kia Soul Exclaim, where you’ll find a 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine paired to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission that pumps out 201 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque.
2019 Kia Soul Efficiency
The fuel economy of the 2019 Soul remains the same as the previous model year, providing almost identical fuel economy across all three trim levels. The highest Exclaim trim gets 26 mpg city, 31 mpg highway, and 28 mpg combined, which is the most fuel-efficient of the three. The Base and Plus trims offer similar fuel economy, with the Base getting 24 mpg city, 30 mpg highway, and 27 mpg combined. The only difference on the Plus trim is a 25 mpg city rating.
- Base: 24/30/27 MPG City/Highway/Combined
- Plus: 25/30/27 MPG City/Highway/Combined
- Exclaim: 26/31/28 MPG City/Highway/Combined
2019 Kia Soul Interior
The stylish exterior is only a sneak peek into the high-quality interior that awaits you, where a six-way adjustable driver’s seat and impressive surfaces like soft-touch dash and door panels greet you. The Plus trim offers available LED lighting, as well as available heated seats and steering wheel. The Exclaim trim brings style to the next level with a sport leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, black leather seat trim with orange contrast stitching, satin chrome door handles, and piano black accents all around.
The Base trim includes standard technology features like Bluetooth® hands-free connectivity, Flexsteer™, and AM/FM/MP3/SiriusXM® audio system. A 7-inch touchscreen with UVO eServices is ready for use on the Plus and Exclaim trims, where Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility and an available Harman/Kardon® audio system deliver an exceptional driving experience.
2019 Kia Soul Interior Photos:
Interior features on the 2019 Kia Soul Base
- Interior: Tilt and telescopic steering column, Power windows with driver one-touch auto-down, Power door locks with two-turn entry system, Air conditioning, Glove box with illumination, Dual front cup holders, Front and rear door bottle holders, Day/night interior rearview mirror, Interior lighting with delay, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Overhead sunglasses holder, Cargo undertray, Woven and tricot cloth upholstery, Six-way adjustable driver’s seat, Height-adjustable front seat belt anchors, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, Rear seat adjustable headrests, Soft-touch dash and upper door panels
- Radio and Technology: AM/FM/MP3/SiriusXM® audio system, Rear-Camera Display, 5-inch touchscreen display, Six speakers with dash-mounted tweeters, Bluetooth® wireless technology hands-free connectivity with steering-wheel-mounted controls, Siri® Eyes Free, Voice recognition, USB/auxiliary input jack, Steering wheel-mounted audio control buttons, Trip computer, Flexsteer™
Interior features on the 2019 Kia Soul + (Plus)
-Adds to or replaces features on Base-
- Interior: Power windows with driver and passenger one-touch auto-up/down and anti-pinch, Remote keyless entry with folding key and illuminated ignition ring, Automatic temperature control with cluster ionizer, Front-seat center console with armrest, Rear seat folding armrest with cup holder, Available LED interior lighting, Cargo cover, Woven cloth seat trim, Available leather seat trim, Available 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support, Available eight-way power-adjustable front passenger seat, Available ventilated front seats, Available heated front/rear seats, Available heated steering wheel
- Radio and Technology: UVO with 7-inch touchscreen display, Available UVO with 8-inch touchscreen display with premium navigation and HD radio, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay™, Available Harman/Kardon® Audio System, Available speaker lights, Available dual center console USB charging ports, Cruise control with steering-wheel-mounted controls, Drive Mode Select (DMS), Available Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), Available Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS), Available Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), Available Smart Cruise Control (SCC), Available Blind-Spot Detection System( BSD), Available Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Interior features on the 2019 Kia Soul ! (Exclaim)
-Adds to or replaces features on + (Plus)-
- Interior: Black cloth/leather seat trim with orange contrast stitching; Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob; Sport leather steering wheel; Leatherette meter hood, door center trim inserts, and door armrest; Piano black accents; Satin chrome interior door handles
- Radio and Technology: Supervision meter cluster with 4.3-inch thin film transistor color LCD display, Push-button start with smart key and immobilizer
2019 Kia Soul Safety
The 2018 Kia Soul was an IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus award winner when equipped with the high-intensity discharge headlights that become available on the Plus trim, and that feature returns for 2019, giving drivers the reassurance of a smart safety choice when they pick the 2019 Soul. The Plus trim also includes an available suite of other safety features, such as the Forward Collision Warning System, Lane Departure Warning System, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and more.
Standard Safety Features:
- Dual Front Advanced and Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Full-Length Side Curtain Airbags
- 3-Point Seat Belts for All Seating Positions
- Front Seat-Belt Pretensioners
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes with Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Side-Impact Door Beams
- Front and Rear Crumple Zones
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Rear Child-Safety Door Locks
Learn More: Summer car care tips