2019 Kia Sportage Overview
The 2019 Kia Sportage is the bold and smart choice when you enter the compact SUV segment. With refined spaciousness and advanced technology across all three trims, the 2019 Kia Sportage combines striking style with exceptional comfort for a fun and captivating driving experience.
Best Kia Family Cars: The Kia Sportage is great for families
What’s New for the 2019 Kia Sportage?
New features are hitting each trim of the 2019 Kia Sportage. The LX Popular Package now includes an air ionizer, auto defogger, full auto temperature control, and the UVO3 7-inch touch screen with Android Auto and eServices telematics. Plenty of features are now standard on the EX trim, such as heated, power-folding outside mirrors with turn signals; Piano Black High Glossy trim; and safety systems like Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. The SX Turbo trim now has a standard Electronic Parking Brake with Auto Hold.
2019 Kia Sportage Photos:
2019 Kia Sportage Exterior
Sweeping lines and sleek curves shape the outside of this modern compact SUV. Its signature tiger-nose grille, coupe-like roof, and satin silver touches combine sophistication with sportiness, while available quad LED fog lights help the 2019 Kia Sportage make an unforgettable entrance. With these elegant features and dynamic styling, the 2019 Sportage is ready for any adventure.
2019 Kia Sportage Exterior Photos:
Exterior features on the 2019 Kia Sportage LX
- 17-inch alloy wheels, Matte Black and Bright Chrome front grille, Bright Chrome window trim, Body-color door handles, Rear spoiler, Power-adjustable outside mirrors, Sound-absorbing front windshield glass, Privacy glass, Heated rear glass with timer, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Rear wiper/washer, Projector beam headlights, Auto light control, LED daytime running lights, Locking fuel-filler door, Available Unique Front Fascia (AWD)
Exterior features on the 2019 Kia Sportage EX
-Adds to or replaces features on LX-
- 18-inch alloy wheels with available Chrome Gray Finish, Gloss Black and Bright Chrome front grille, Bright Chrome door handles, Roof rails, Heated outside mirrors, Power-folding outside mirrors with LED turn-signal indicators, Smart Welcome system, Solar control glass, Windshield de-icer, Projector beam front fog lights
Exterior features on the 2019 Kia Sportage SX Turbo
-Adds to or replaces features on EX-
- 19-inch alloy wheels, Gloss Black and Satin Chrome front grille, Front and rear metal-look skid plates, Satin Chrome window trim and side-sill trim, Satin Chrome door handles, Panoramic sunroof with power sunshade, Smart Power Liftgate®, Bi-Xenon HID projector beam headlights, Dynamic Bending Light with auto-leveling, High Beam Assist, LED front fog lights and rear combination lamps, Chrome dual-outlet exhaust finish
2019 Kia Sportage Performance
All 2019 Sportage trims are standard front-wheel drive, with Dynamax All-Wheel Drive system as an available option that adjusts the car’s traction as it senses changing road and weather conditions. You can pick between two engines on the 2019 Kia Sportage. The LX and EX trims come standard with a 2.4-liter engine that generates 181 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque. The SX Turbo trim features a powerful 2.0-liter turbocharged engine that delivers 240 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque in FWD. The horsepower on the SX Turbo trim dips a bit to 237 horsepower while the torque stays the same when equipped with AWD. All engines are paired to a six-speed automatic transmission that delivers a smooth and efficient ride.
2019 Kia Sportage Efficiency
Just as with the 2018 Sportage, the new 2019 Kia Sportage offers similar fuel economy across all three trims.
- LX: 23/30/26 MPG City/Highway/Combined (FWD); 21/25/22 MPG City/Highway/Combined (AWD)
- EX: 22/29/25 MPG City/Highway/Combined (FWD); 21/25/23 MPG City/Highway/Combined (AWD)
- SX Turbo: 21/26/23 MPG City/Highway/Combined (FWD); 20/23/21 MPG City/Highway/Combined (AWD
2019 Kia Sportage Interior
The cabin of the 2019 Kia Sportage exudes comfort, while its ergonomic layout makes driving easier than ever. Available features like Gloss Black interior trim, heated from seats, 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support, and heated sport steering wheel deliver a luxurious driving experience.
State-of-the-art technology keeps you connected and informed while on the road, with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility. The 2019 Sportage is also committed to helping you out in every way, which is why it includes features such as the available Smart Power Liftgate.
2019 Kia Sportage Interior Photos:
Interior features on the 2019 Kia Sportage LX
- Interior: Tilt and telescopic steering column, Power windows with driver one-touch auto-down, Power door locks, Remote keyless entry, Air conditioning, Rear ventilation duct, Center console armrest with storage tray and cup holders, Rear center armrest with cup holders, Front and rear door bottle holders, Day/night interior rear-view mirror, Interior lighting with delay off, Glove box illumination, Overhead sunglasses holder, Under-rear-cargo-floor storage compartment, Cargo light, Woven cloth seats, Available tricot cloth seats with YES Essentials® fabric treatment, Six-way adjustable driver’s seat, Driver and passenger seat back pockets, 60/40 split-folding rear seats with 17-step recline, Height-adjustable front seat belt anchors, Leatherette door armrest covering
- Radio and Technology: AM/FM/MP3/SiriusXM® six-speaker audio system with 5-inch touch screen, Rear-camera display, Bluetooth® wireless technology hands-free connectivity, Steering-wheel-mounted audio and hands-free phone buttons, Cruise control with steering wheel buttons, Drive Mode Select, USB/Auxiliary input jack, 12-volt power outlets, Trip computer
Interior features on the 2019 Kia Sportage EX
-Adds to or replaces features on LX-
- Interior: Power windows with driver one-touch auto-up/down, Smart Key with push-button start and immobilizer, Dual-zone automatic temperature control with auto de-fog system and cluster ionizer, Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, Leather seat trim, Available Cool Gray leather seat trim, 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with two-way power lumbar support, Heated front seats, Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob, Gloss Black interior trim
- Radio and Technology: UVO with 7-inch touch screen, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay™, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, USB 2.1 charger port
Interior features on the 2019 Kia Sportage SX Turbo
-Adds to or replaces features on EX-
- Interior: Steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters, Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink®, LED interior lighting, Eight-way power-adjustable front passenger seat, Ventilated front seats, Heated sport steering wheel, Alloy pedals, Metal door scuff plates
- Radio and Technology: UVO with 8-inch touch screen and voice-command navigation, SiriusXM® Traffic, HD Radio™, Harman/Kardon® premium surround sound with Clari-Fi™ and eight speakers, Parking Assist with front and rear sensors, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning System, Electronic Parking Brake with Auto-Hold, Supervision meter cluster with 4.2-inch thin film transistor color LCD display
2019 Kia Sportage Safety
The 2019 Kia Sportage uses a long list of active and passive safety systems to help keep you safe on the road. Available advanced driver assist technologies such as Blind Spot Detection, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Front and Rear Parking Assist enhance your control on the road.
Standard Safety Features:
- Dual front advanced airbags
- Dual front seat-mounted side airbags
- Full-length side curtain airbags
- Rollover sensor
- 3-Point seat belts with front Seat-belt pretensioners
- 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-Lock Braking System
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Electronic Brake-Force Distribution
- Brake Assist System
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Downhill Brake Control
- Tire-Pressure Monitoring System
- Side-impact door beams
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH)
- Rear child-safety door locks
Popular Sales: Kia Sportage sales top 5 million