2019 Lexus LC Overview
The Lexus LC is the brand’s crown jewel of performance, including sharp styling and both a V8 and a high-powered hybrid version. This model year, despite only being the second year of the LC’s production, comes with a handful of upgrades.
What’s New for the 2019 Lexus LC?
For 2019, Lexus added a number of new standard features to the LC. To start, Lexus made a number of changes to the suspension and performance aspects, starting with reprogramming the shift logic for its 10-speed automatic transmission. In addition, it expanded the range of the Adaptive Variable Suspension to enhance ride comfort, revised the Variable Gear Ratio Steering tuning, and replaced steering components with stiffer and more robust ones. Then, Lexus redesigned the rear engine mount to further isolate vibration from the drivetrain.
Inside, Lexus added several software systems as standard equipment, including Apple CarPlay® connectivity, Amazon Alexa integration, Lexus Enform Remote, Lexus Enform Dynamic Navigation, Dynamic Voice Command, and Lexus Enform Wi-Fi.
Finally, Lexus added a new exterior color: Obsidian.
2019 Lexus LC Photos:
2019 Lexus LC Exterior
The Lexus LC represents the pinnacle of the brand’s sport coupe design, including a unique wide grille with a specific mesh pattern. It presents a low, angular body both for style and for greater driver visibility, and at night displays a model-specific light signature.
2019 Lexus LC Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus LC 500
- 20-inch split-10-spoke cast alloy wheels, Illuminated entry system, Dimensional rear combination LED taillamps, Triple-projector ultra-compact LED headlamps, Glass roof, Pop-up hood, Active Sport Exhaust, Arrowhead LED Daytime Running Lights, Flush door handles
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus LC 500h
- 20-inch wheels, Electrochromic outside rearview mirrors with memory, Puddle lamps, Arrowhead LED Daytime Running Lights with ultra-compact triple projector LED headlamps, Flush-type door handles with illumination when open, Hybrid blue “L” and “500h” badging, Heated electrochromic auto-dimming outside rearview mirrors, Intelligent High Beam
2019 Lexus LC Performance
The 2019 LC gets its power from one of two powertrains, depending on the model. The first is a naturally-aspirated 5.0-liter V8, which generates 471 horsepower and 398 lb-ft of torque. Alternatively, the LC Hybrid model uses a Multistage Hybrid system that combines a 3.5-liter V6 gas engine with a pair of electric motors/generators. All together, the hybrid system offers 354 horsepower.
2019 Lexus LC Efficiency
According to EPA estimates, the V8-powered LC 500 delivers 16 mpg in the city, 26 mpg on the highway, and 19 mpg combined. Alternatively, the hybrid LC 500h delivers 26 mpg in the city, 35 mpg on the highway, and 30 mpg combined.
2019 Lexus LC Interior
Lexus designed the inside of the 2019 LC just as carefully as the outside. Design highlights include the low dashboard, swooping sculpted door panels, and completely unique interior door handles with a bezel-less design.
2019 Lexus LC Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus LC 500
- Heated and ventilated power-adjustable front seats, Aluminum pedals, Ambient lighting, Distictive Alcantara®-trimmed door panels, Dual-zone climate control with Climate Concierge, Elliptical steering-wheel design, LC-exclusive sleek interior door handles, 10-way power front seats, including two-way power lumbar support and memory for driver, Lexus analog clock, Power tilt and telescoping adjustable steering wheel
- Apple CarPlay®, 10.3-inch high-resolution split-screen multimedia display, Navigation, Lexus+Alexa, Drive Mode Select, Siri® Eyes Free, Remote Touchpad, Dynamic Voice Command, Lexus Enform Destination Assist, 12-speaker Lexus Premium Sound System, Lexus Enform Service Connect, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0, 8.0-inch digital adaptive meter, HD Radio™, Subscription-free Traffic and Weather service via HD Radio™, Lexus Enform Dynamic Navigation, Lexus Enform Remote, SmartAccess key fob, Push-button start/stop, Electronic Owner’s Manual, Bluetooth® Technology, Lexus Safety System+, Backup camera with dynamic gridlines, Two USB powers, 12V socket
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus LC 500h
- Small diameter 3-spoke steering wheel, Drape-like surface design and ambient illumination on door panels, Satin metallic finish throughout, Aluminum pedals, LED illuminated L-shaped pattern ornamentation on passenger side of the instrument panel, 10-way power driver front seats including two-way power lumbar support and memory for driver, Steering-wheel-integrated cruise control buttons and magnesium paddle shifters, Aluminum scuff plates, LED door courtesy lights, Power tilt and telescoping adjustable steering wheel
- 8-inch LCD multi-information display with Eco Driving Indicator, Drive mode select knob located near multi-information display, Two USB ports and a 12V socket, Siri® Eyes Free, SmartAccess keyless entry with push-button start, 12 speakers, Digital signal processing with Automatic Sound Leveling, HD™ Radio, ntegrated SiriusXM® Satellite Radio receiver, Navigation system with 10.3-inch high-resolution split-screen, Lexus Enform Remote, Apple CarPlay™ compatibility, Amazon Alexa integration, Lexus Enform Safety Connect, Lexus Enform Service Connect, Lexus Enform WiFi, Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0, Lexus Enform Destination Assist, Dynamic Navigation, All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
2019 Lexus LC Safety
The 2019 LC comes with a variety of refined, but somewhat expected safety features, such as three-point seatbelts and a suite of airbags. However, the gem of the LC’s safety systems is the standard Lexus Safety System+, which adds a Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Lane Keep Assist, All-speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, and Intelligent High Beams.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 Lexus LC
- Lexus Safety System+
- Backup camera with dynamic gridlines
- Eight-airbag system
- Pop-up hood
- All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Intelligent High Beams
- Lane Keep Assist/Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist
More Performance: Explore the whole Lexus F Performance lineup