2019 Lexus LX Overview
The Lexus LX is the largest model in the brand’s lineup, and last year added a two-row variety for those owners that want the strength, size, and refinement of the LX without the third row of seats. For 2019, this true SUV returns with just as much luxury and off-road ability as before.
What’s New for the 2019 Lexus LX?
The 2019 Lexus LX got just a few feature updates for the new model year. These include a change to the outside mirror puddle lamps to now project the Lexus logo, a new digital clock in the Multi Information Display, and an update to the Lexus Enform Remote to include smart watch and Amazon Alexa skill integration.
For optional features, the LX added a new Luxury package for the two-row model. This adds new projector lamps on each door, 21-inch wheels, and a heated wood/leather steering wheel.
2019 Lexus LX Photos:
2019 Lexus LX Exterior
The Lexus LX offers a hefty collection of luxury features, and on the exterior these largely enhance the LX’s capability. For example, the LX is well-prepared for the elements, with heated auto-dimming side mirrors, de-icing rain-sensing windshield wipers, front and rear mudguards, and pop-up headlamps washers. It also includes a number of features to enhance convenience like the power rear door, automatic on/off headlamps, and side-mirror puddle lamps.
2019 Lexus LX Exterior Photos:
Exterior features available on the 2019 Lexus LX 570
- 20-inch by 8.5-inch five spoke alloy wheels, 285/50R20 mud- and snow-rated tires, Full-size spare tire with alloy wheel, Power open/close rear door, Adaptive Variable Suspension with Active Height Control, Power moonroof, Class-4 towing hitch receiver with revised tow hitch cover, Front and rear mudguards, Pop-up type headlamp washers, Aerodynamic heated outside mirrors with power folding and reverse auto-tilt, Auto-dimming electrochromic inside rearview mirror and outside mirrors, Auto on/off projector headlamps, Integrated illuminated running boards, “Lexus” logo front illuminated scuff plates, Outside side mirror puddle lamps with “Lexus” logo incorporated, Rain-sensing variable intermittent front windshield wipers with deicer, Roof rails
2019 Lexus LX Performance
The 2019 LX gets its power from a 5.7-liter V8 engine, which produces 383 horsepower and 403 lb-ft of torque. In addition, the LX uses a full-time four-wheel drive system and multi-terrain off-road control system. These all combine with a tough body-on-frame construction for a luxury hauler that is quite at home leaving the pavement behind.
2019 Lexus LX Efficiency
The 2019 Lexus LX, due to its size (largest SUV in the lineup) and large V8 engine, doesn’t deliver high efficiency figures. It gets 13 mpg in the city and 18 mpg on the highway, for a combined 15 mpg rating.
2019 Lexus LX Interior
The interior is where the 2019 LX shines best, where it can stretch its features list. These include a ton of comfort-oriented features like the four-zone automatic climate control, and luxury-oriented features like the wood trim and nine-speaker audio system.
2019 Lexus LX Interior Photos:
Interior features available on the 2019 Lexus LX 570
- Steering wheel-mounted controls, Illuminated entry system, 14-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, 12-way power-adjustable front passenger seat, Lexus Memory System, Four-zone climate control, Illuminated console, Power-sliding 60/40 split second row, Auto-dimming outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Artisan-crafted wood trim, Power-folding 50/50 split third row seat (three-row model only), Three-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel with chrome “L” emblem, Leather upholstery, HomeLink® electronic programmable garage door opener, Available semi-aniline perforated leather-trimmed interior, Available heated wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel, Available cool box, Available LX projector door lamps, Available Luxury Package
- Navigation system with 12.3-inch display, Lexus Enform App Suite, Lexus Enform Destination Assist, Lexus Enform Service Connect, Lexus Enform Remote Connectivity, Fuel Guide, Sports and Stocks, Siri® Eyes Free, Remote Touch, HD Radio™, Subscription-free traffic and weather, SiriusXM® Radio, Color multi-information display, Voice command, Bluetooth® technology, SmartAccess key fob, Lexus nine-speaker premium sound system, Power outlets, Multi-Terrain Select, Smart Access card key, AM/FM in-dash CD radio, Available dual-screen rear-seat entertainment system, Available color Head-Up Display, Available wireless charger, Available Mark Levinson® Reference Surround Sound audio system
2019 Lexus LX Safety
Like on the exterior and interior, the LX offers a long list of standard safety systems. Chief among these is the Lexus Safety System+, which includes systems like Pre-Collision with Pedestrian Detection, All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, and Intelligent High-Beam Headlamps. In addition, it includes driver-assist systems like Intuitive Parking Assist and the Panoramic View Monitor.
Standard Safety Features on the 2019 Lexus LX
- Lexus Safety System+ (Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert, Intelligent High Beams)
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect
- Crawl Control with Turn Assist
- Advanced Multi-View Monitor
- Premium Triple-Beam LED Headlamps
- Hill-Start Assist Control
- Trailer Sway Control
- Anti-lock braking system
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution
- Full-time four-wheel drive with Active Traction Control
- 10-airbag system
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Rigid body structure with crumple zones
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Smart Stop technology
More Lexus SUVs: Lexus made a three-row version of its RX