2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Overview
Toyota has entered the hatchback game with its all-new 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback that made its grand debut at the New York Auto Show in March. From a new platform and engine to two transmission options, the 2019 Corolla Hatchback is more than just a renamed vehicle — it is a new model built from the ground up that guarantees a sporty ride with a host of advanced features.
What’s New for the 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback?
The all-new 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback is replacing the Corolla iM, which was lumped under the Corolla name after the demise of Scion. The previous version only offered one trim, but the new Corolla Hatchback adds one additional trim plus lots of extra features.
The 2019 Corolla Hatchback is built on a new platform and has a greater engine displacement, providing a reliable and versatile ride.
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Photos:
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Exterior
The all-new design for the 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback builds upon the foundation of the Corolla iM. Its wide and light stance gives it a sporty look that is emphasized with an available refined chrome grille surround. LED taillights are standard with LED fog lights available as an option.
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Exterior Photos:
Exterior features on 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback SE:
- LED reflector headlights, LED Daytime Running Lights with auto on/off feature, LED taillights, Dark gray front grille surround, Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators, 16-inch twin-spoke alloy wheels with P205/55R16 tires, Chrome rear diffuser
Exterior features on 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback XSE:
-Adds to or replaces features on SE-
- Integrated LED fog lights, Adaptive Front-Lighting System (CVT only), Chrome front grille surround, Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators and blind spot warning indicators, 18-inch machined alloy wheels with P225/40R18 tires
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Performance
The Toyota Corolla Hatchback is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence. The standard transmission is a six-speed Intelligent Manual Transmission, with a Dynamic-Shift Continuously Variable Transmission as an available option. With either transmission, the 2019 Corolla Hatchback creates 168 horsepower and 155 lb-ft of torque.
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Efficiency
The 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback offers impressive fuel economy. With the Intelligent Manual Transmission, the Corolla Hatchback gets 28/37/31 mpg city/highway/combined. If you opt for the CVT, that number jumps up, with a 32/42/36 mpg city/highway/combined rating on the SE trim and a slightly lower 30/38/33 mpg city/highway/combined rating on XSE models.
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Interior
The Corolla Hatchback’s interior features two-tone styling and soft-touch materials for a sharp interior design. It is filled with the latest technology, including a floating touchscreen with Toyota’s Entune Audio infotainment system. The flawless combination of Apple CarPlay compatibility with traditional controls within arms reach makes the new Corolla Hatchback intuitive and accessible.
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Interior Photos:
Interior features on 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback SE:
- Interior: Fabric sport seats, Six-way adjustable driver’s seat with seatback pocket, Four-way adjustable front passenger seat with seatback pocket, 60/40 split fold-down rear seat with center armrest and cup holders, Premium leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel, Covered center console with armrest and storage, 12-volt auxiliary power outlet, ISOFIX lower anchor, Top tether
- Radio and Technology:4.2-inch Multi-Information Display, Bluetooth® hands-free phone and voice-command controls, Three-mode switch, Vehicle speed-sensing Electric Power Steering, Entune™ 3.0 Audio with App Suite, AM/FM, Six speakers, 8-inch touch screen, Scout® GPS Link compatible with 3-year trial, Siri® Eyes Free, Apple CarPlay™ compatibility, Amazon Alexa compatibility, Auxiliary port, Two USB 2.0 charging ports with iPod® connectivity and control, Advanced voice recognition, Hands-free phone capability, Music streaming via Bluetooth® wireless technology, Electric Parking Brake with Brake Hold
Interior features on 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback XSE:
-Adds to or replaces features on SE-
- Interior: Dual zone automatic climate control with air filter and rear-seat vents, Leather-trimmed heated sport seats with fabric inserts, Eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, Premium leather-trimmed tilt/telescopic steering wheel with paddle shifters (CVT only)
- Radio and Technology: 7-inch TFT Multi-Information Display, Entune™ 3.0 Audio Plus with App Suite, AM/FM/HD Radio™, CD player, USB media port, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio with 3-month SiriusXM® All Access trial, Available Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging with charge indicator light, Blind Spot Monitor, Available Entune™ 3.0 Premium Audio with JBL® with Clari-Fi®™and App Suite (CVT only)
2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback Safety
Impressive safety features come standard on the 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback, where the second generation of Toyota Safety Sense provides high-tech driver assistance features. The new additions of Lane Tracing Assist and Road Sign Assist to the safety tech suite help you stay aware of your surroundings as you drive the hatchback.
Standard Safety Features
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0: Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Tracing Assist, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist and Road Edge Detection, Automatic High Beams, Road Sign Assist, and Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Star Safety System™: Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Four-wheel Anti-lock Brake System, Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Brake Assist, and Smart Stop Technology
- Safety Connect®: Emergency Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Locator, Roadside Assistance, and Automatic Collision Notification
- Seven airbags
- Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening seats
- Three-point seatbelts for all seating positions with driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) on all passenger belts
- Driver and front passenger seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters and adjustable front shoulder anchors
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) includes lower anchors on outboard rear seats
- Child-protector rear door locks and power window lockout control
- Energy-absorbing collapsible steering column
- Front and rear energy-absorbing crumple zones
- Side-impact door beams
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Anti-theft system with engine immobilizer
Learn More: Read more about Toyota Safety Sense