BMW Preparing for Concorso d’Eleganza Villa D’Este
The Concorso d’Eleganza Villa D’Este might not be until the end of May, but BMW is already preparing for the historic car show. First held in 1929, the Italian auto show has been hosted by BMW and the Villa D’Este since 2005. The banks of Lake Como will be home to the three-day event for collectors to show off their classic cars, motorcycles, and rare prototypes.
The event’s Selecting Committee has released the theme of several competition classes that owners can apply to be included in. The initial categories include:
- Pre-war supercars – The fast and the flamboyant
- Pre-war decadence – Flights of automotive fantasy
- Driven by excess – Cars of the Studio 54 era, 1975 – 1986
- “Sur mesure et haute couture” – “One-offs for the connoisseur”
- Daring to be different – Designs that pushed the envelope
- GT Man is back – The golden era of sportscar design, 1950 – 1975
- Cars of the stars – From the silver screen to the studio lot
- Rally cars – Heroes of the special stage, 1955 – 1985
One more category has yet to be unveiled. The overall theme of the show is said to be “Back to the future – the journey continues”, which seems to be a year late considering that the perfect year for a Back to the Future theme would have been 2015.
As more details about the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa D’Este are released, we’ll keep you in the loop.