Chevrolet Unveils Silverado Volunteer Firefighter and Black Ops Concepts
Chevrolet has unveiled two Silverado full-size concepts at the State Fair of Texas that emphasize the importance of preparedness: the Silverado Volunteer Firefighter and Black Ops. Representing different extremes of readiness, these trucks seem well equipped to handle the most adverse of situations, be it a house fire or a full-scale apocalypse.
The Silverado Z71 Volunteer Firefighter aesthetically honors the service of first responders with a distinctive visual flair and pays tribute to their dedication and sacrifice by creating a truck that works every bit as hard as they do.
“We wanted to pay tribute to these important men and women in communities everywhere,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. “They are the kind of hard-working Americans for whom we design and build the Silverado, making sure it delivers the capability and dependability they expect.”
The Silverado Z71 Volunteer Firefighter comes standard with all of the tools and safety equipment an emergency responder would need, including:
- Chevrolet Accessory six-spoke 22-inch Wheels
- Emergency roof light bar and additional light-emitting diode, or LED, perimeter lighting
- Four-inch chrome assist steps
- Chrome package, including door handles and mirror caps
- Molded hood protector
- Red and Silver Paint Scheme with Custom Graphics
- Emergency siren and PA system
- Chrome fire extinguishers and mounting hardware
- Chevrolet Accessory gull-wing tool box
- Axe and Halligan tool
For the survivalist in all of us, Chevrolet has also introduced the Silverado Black Ops concept, which seems ideally geared toward disaster response. Billed as a “survival kit on four wheels,” the Black Ops concept boasts the power and performance of a Crew Cab 4×4 with unique lower-body armor and bed-mounted Truck Vault Storage unit.
The Black Ops concept also comes standard with:
- EcoTec3 5.3L V8 engine with 355 horsepower and 383 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of up to 12,000 pounds with an available 6.2L V-8 and Max Towing Package
- Revised front and rear suspensions and wider wheels that enhance the ride and handling
- Electric power steering
- Four-wheel-disc brakes with Duralife™ rotors
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with trailer sway control and hill start assist
Are you excited for the Silverado Volunteer Firefighter and Black Ops concepts? Tell us below!
Brought to you by Crossroads Chevrolet of Beckley, WV
Crossroads Chevrolet proudly serves Mount Hope, West Virginia, and the surrounding areas with the best customer service and finest American cars in the community. The dealership prides itself on its friendly staff and personal touch. Crossroads Chevy employees strive for excellence in customer service and make the car buying process stress-free.