Chevy Announces Starting MSRP, Many Features of 2019 Blazer
Chevrolet has announced the details of the 2019 revival of the Blazer nameplate bit by bit. However, what we haven’t heard yet is just how much the new crossover will cost and what its features will include. Until now, that is.
The 2019 Chevrolet Blazer will start at an MSRP of $29,995. That MSRP actually prices it above the Traverse, which costs $29,930 at the base. Interestingly, although it will cost slightly more at the base, the Blazer is in the same segment as the Traverse, since Chevy describes both as mid-size crossovers. The Blazer is somewhat smaller than the Traverse, though, with two rows of seats to the Traverse’s three rows.
Unfortunately, Chevrolet hasn’t revealed the pricing for the Blazer, RS, or Premier trim levels. However, it promised that the Blazer will come to dealerships in early January.
Another Chevrolet promise was that each trim will come with its own look, and it released some details that will distinguish its upper three trims. First, the Blazer, RS, and Premier trims will all come standard with HID headlamps, LED Daytime Running Lights signature lighting, and LED taillamps. From there, things diverge.
On the Blazer trim, the new crossover will sport a black grille, gold bowtie emblem, 18-inch wheels, and dual exhaust outlets with round, bright tips, with available 20-inch wheels.
The RS trim will feature a hexagon-shape black mesh grille with an RS badge, a black bowtie emblem, dual exhaust outlets with rectangular bright tips, and 20-inch dark machine-face wheels, with available 21-inch gloss black available wheels.
Finally, the Premier will feature a black grille with chrome accents, gold bowtie, dual exhaust outlets with through-fascia exit and bright tips, and 20-inch machine-face wheels, with available 21-inch pearl nickel wheels.
Standard for all Blazers
Chevrolet announced a number of features that will appear on the new Blazer. Standard on every trim, these include:
- Chevrolet infotainment system with 8-inch diagonal color touch screen
- 4G LTE with available Wi-Fi® Hotspot
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
- Electronic locking glove box
- Keyless Open and Start
- Teen Driver
- Rear Seat Reminder
- HD Rear Vision Camera
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with rear vents
- Heated, power-adjustable outside mirrors
- Traction Mode Select
- Adjustable rear sliding seat
- Six-way manual driver seat
- Five-passenger seating with 60/40-split second row
- 18-inch wheels and tires
- Up to 64.2 cubic feet of max cargo space with the second row folded flat
Available Blazer add-ons
Chevrolet also announced a number of available features that will make an appearance on the new Blazer, including:
- Panoramic dual-pane power sunroof
- Advanced twin-clutch AWD system
- Hitch View for trailering to help drivers align the hitch with the trailer
- Automatic heated steering wheel
- Automatic heated/ventilated front seats
- Heated outboard rear seats
- Rear Camera Mirror
- Adaptive Cruise Control-Advanced
- Chevrolet’s active safety features
- Wireless charging
- Up to six USB ports
- Hands-free power liftgate with Chevrolet bowtie logo
- Chevy-first cargo management system
News Source: Chevrolet