Chevy Camaro is Brazil’s Top-Selling Sports Car
According to GM, the Chevrolet Camaro is currently the best-selling sports car in Brazil. The automaker has sold more than 6,000 Camaro units since 2010. Its yet another achievement the brand can add to its belt as it rides out the final stretch of a successful year, while anticipating its electric goals for the new year.
A Brazilian love affair
Despite the Camaro’s limited trim availability and hefty price tag Brazilian consumers are still flocking to this classic ride. The only two versions of the Camaro available for purchase are the SS convertible and SS coupe. Additionally, a Camaro SS costs the equivalent of $85,000; this price takes into account the current exchange rate and the country’s import duties on foreign-made passenger vehicles. GM manufactures the Camaro only in Michigan, at the company’s Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant.
Sales figures aren’t the only indicator that Brazilians love the Camaro. There’s even a Brazilian pop song dedicated to it from artists Munhoz & Mariano, “Camaro Amarelo” (which translates to “yellow camaro”).
This latest success for Chevy might put a damper on Ford’s spirits. Despite this rival’s attempts to prioritize marketing the sixth-generation Mustang to a global audience, Camaro sales are higher than Mustang sales.
Advantages of Used: Discover the perks of bringing home an older vehicle
- A new updated exterior with a range of fascia designs to choose from.
- A rear window defogger, for convenience and greater visibility on chilly days.
- The model’s 2.0-liter Turbo four cylinder powertrain generates up to 275 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque.
- Chevy also offers a 6.2-liter Supercharged V8 DI powertrain for speed demons; this version surges with 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque.
- Available heated and ventilated front seats will keep passengers comfortable no matter what the weather.
- An optional Bose premium nine-speaker audio system and subscription of SiriusXM will elevate the driving experience.
Catch the Craze: Browse current Camaro offerings to find your new ride
News Source: GM Authority