Chevy Introduces 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition
Is the regular old 2016 Corvette Z06—with its dull as dishwater 650 horsepower, 650 lb-ft of torque, and three second 0-60 mph time—just a little too “meh” for you? Do you crave something that feels a little more at home on the track? Well then, sir or madam, the 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition is for you.
An homage to the Corvette Racing C7.R racecars, the C7.R Edition is available in any color you want—as long as you want black or yellow.
Only 500 examples of the special edition Vette will be produced, all of them built to include the Z07 Performance Package with carbon ceramic brakes, along with a specially serialized VIN. All 500 will go on sale later this year.
“Corvette Racing’s legacy and technology were significant influences on the development of the Corvette Z06 and the new C7.R Edition honors the direct link between the racecar and the production model,” said Corvette product and marketing manager Harlan Charles. “It also advances Chevrolet’s plan to offer special-edition models that offer a unique, personal ownership experiences, which become important parts of Corvette’s legacy.”
The 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition will come with the following unique features:
- Offered on coupe and convertible models with 3LZ trim
- Available in Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat (new for 2016) or Black exterior colors
- C7.R Edition graphics package
- Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes and Michelin PS Cup 2 tires
- Yellow brake calipers
- Black wheels with yellow accent strip and Corvette Racing-logo center caps
- Visible carbon fiber ground effects package
- New visible carbon fiber hood section
- Grilles and vents finished in Spectra Gray Metallic
- Jet Black leather interior with sueded microfiber accents on the instrument panel and doors
- Sueded microfiber-trimmed Competition Sport Seat, steering wheel and shifter
- Yellow contrast stitching throughout the interior
- Carbon fiber interior trim package (high-gloss)
- Corvette Racing sill plates
- Numbered C7.R Edition interior plaque showing the build number, starting with VIN 700001
- Special indoor car cover with C7.R graphics.
As you may have noticed, there’s a whole lot of graphics on this thing. But how else do you let passing motorists know that this isn’t your “average” 650 hp Corvette Z06?
New Chevys: 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Model Announced