Chevy Offers EV Etiquette Tips for Spark, Volt Drivers
To help those driving the 2014 Chevy Spark—the ultimate urban living vehicle, Chevrolet has reduced a handy-dandy infographic extolling the finer points of EV Etiquette.
The information illustrated in Chevrolet’s graphic is the result of a collaboration between the automaker and drivers of their Volt and Spark electric vehicles. The EV Etiquette tips, modified with a few tips of our own, are as follows:
- Charge Up, Drive On – Know the amount of time necessary to achieve a full charge so as to allow other EV drivers their opportunity at the charger.
- Know Your Local Parking Rules – A reminder to drivers that some states have laws against parking in a public EV charging space while unplugged. Most states also have laws about leaving keys in the ignition of unattended vehicles, so be certain to be with your car at all times.
- Plug-In Vs. All-Electric – In a modern day “who has the right of way” argument, EV etiquette dictates that an all-electric vehicle should be given a spot at the charger before a plug-in hybrid. This common courtesy is due to the EV’s lack of a secondary power source and total reliance on battery power.
- Be Loud – When driving in residential areas and parking lots, use the Spark’s Pedestrian Friendly Alert Function to emit a light chirp loud enough to alert passersby of your presence.
- Go With the Flow – Given the strain that driving above the speed limit or reaching the Spark’s maximum MPH puts on the EV’s battery, it is advisable for Spark and Volt drivers to stay out of fast lanes to decrease congestion and the possibility of traffic accidents.
- Be An EV Advocate – Share the good word about the benefits of driving a Chevy Spark and answer questions from those curious about EVs and their potential.
Are you an EV driver with some tips of your own? Make your contribution in the comment section and remember to mind your manners!
Smith Chevrolet in Hammond, IN wants to be your trusted new and used Chevrolet dealership. We have been providing top-quality Chevrolet vehicles and unbeatable service since 1922. We serve the Chicagoland area, including Hammond, Chicago, Highland, Munster, Orland Park, Naperville, and Michigan City. We have the right Chevrolet for you with popular models like the Silverado, Malibu, Traverse, Impala, and Cruze. Stop in for a test drive, and let our friendly and professional staff show you the Smith Chevy difference. We go the extra mile. Visit us on Facebook.