Eight Honda Models Earn ‘Editors’ Choice’ Awards from Car & Driver
After an explosive start to the year, the Honda award train has finally slowed a tad, but still shows no sign of coming to a stop. The latest recognition for the brand comes from Car & Driver magazine, which bestowed eight Honda models with its 2018 “Editors’ Choice” awards.
- Mid-Size Sedans: 2018 Honda Accord
- Compact Sedans: 2018 Honda Civic
- Compact Sedans: 2018 Honda Civic Si
- Compact Coupes and Convertibles: 2018 Honda Civic Si
- Compact Hatchbacks: 2018 Honda Civic Type R
- Compact Hatchbacks: 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
- Compact Crossovers/SUVs: 2018 Honda CR-V
- Subcompact Hatchbacks: 2018 Honda Fit
- Minivans/Vans: 2018 Honda Odyssey
- Mid-Size Pickup Trucks: 2018 Honda Ridgeline
In total, 125 vehicles were named across 21 categories, which the Car & Driver editors “consider…to be the best cars, pickup trucks, crossovers, and SUVs for 2018, and…wholeheartedly recommend…to buyers shopping in each category.”
Determining what vehicles to name was a matter of analyzing the vehicles’ performance at the magazine’s test track, their results in Car & Driver’s Buyer’s Guide, and recognizing the winners from the publication’s 10Best awards, which also featured three Honda vehicles. Finally, “old-fashioned subjective desirability” also played a part.
Notably, in the mid-size pickup truck category, the 2018 Honda Ridgeline was the only vehicle to be named.
Nonetheless, that so many vehicles were named should be an indication to take the awards with a grain of salt—once you get to the point that you are naming about half of the models sold in the US, they stop being meaningful.
That being said, everyone else also seems to agree that Honda’s 2018 lineup is particularly excellent, so there’s your grain of salt.
Related: Explore the 2018 Honda lineup
News Source: Car & Driver