Five Exclusive Limited-Edition Dodge Vipers Celebrate Demise of Iconic Model
Dodge has officially confirmed that the Dodge Viper will cease production in 2017 after 25 years—and it’s going out with style. To commemorate the 25 years of Dodge Viper production, the American carmaker has released five limited-edition Vipers that highlight its most memorable moments.
The End of a Dynasty: Learn more about the end of Dodge Viper production
“The Dodge Viper has had a great run, and 25 years after it was first introduced, it leaves the supercar world reaching for the records it continues to set,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars, Dodge, SRT, Chrysler, and Fiat for FCA North America. “With more track records than any production car in the world, the Dodge Viper ACR will live on as the fastest street-legal Viper track car ever, the car that has set the benchmark for all the follows in its tracks.”
The Viper’s rich history is honored with the following five limited-edition models:
- 1:28 Edition ACR—celebrates the current Laguna Seca single-lap record of 1:28.65
- GTS-R Commemorative Edition ACR—remembers one of the most iconic Viper liveries of all-time
- VooDoo II Edition ACR—a reincarnation of the VooDoo ACR
- Snakeskin Edition GTC—inspired by the original Snakeskin
- Dodge Dealer Edition—a special-edition model only available through Tomball and Roanoke Dodge dealers
Going on a Road Trip? Remember these tips on how to prepare for a family road trip
Each of these limited-edition Vipers will have a serialized instrument panel badge with the model name. This badge can be customized with the customer’s name. For those Viper lovers that don’t want a limited-edition model, the 2017 Dodge Viper is still available with more than 50 million unique build configurations. Production of the Viper will end after this model year.